Shenmue (OST related question)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue (OST related question)

Post by Cid Highwind »

Hi,

I'm listening to the Shenmue OST and Shenmue Orchestra version and some questions popped up:

- Is there an OST of Shenmue 2? (AFAIK there is not :( )
- What is the song "You're my Only" doing on the Orchestra disc? I have not heard that song in the game and it does not even sound like I can apply it into any situation involving Ryo.... Ryo and girls... :roll:
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

The OST contains a lot of music not in the game (or substantially different to the tunes in the game). Nothing abnormal about that.

There are a couple of OST for Shenmue I. OST Disc 1, OST Disc 2, Orchestra Version, JukeBox and I guess you could count the Passport disc.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

You should definetly count the passport since that's all I own.
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

The Jukebox is the only one that I don't have, the others are must haves if you like the music in the game :)

I agree with you Darkfalz about OST's sometimes having special extras, but with that song 'You're my only' I just can't figure out why it is on a Shenmue disc. I never heard it in game and I also don't know a scene in the game where I can apply it, where I connect it with. So maybe I missed something in the game, or it is just a very weird bonus Jpop song on an orchestrated cd :?
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

drifiting towards another side there is a really cool track (sound or something) that plays towards the end of shenmue when Ryo is meditating in the Dojo and the camera from the outside goes into the dojo and stuff and the music is like really nice. Sadly it was not on the passport disc.
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

Jukebox only has music from the tapes you collect, not really very special. Came with the Japanese version which I own. The other ones I've only got and somewhat incomplete in mp3 form.

I recorded all the Passport songs to mp3s as well... :)