Am I crazy???

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
larrabee213
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Am I crazy???

Post by larrabee213 »

OK well yesterday I walked into the EB Games store near my college to get a vmu or two cause one is just not enough. I asked if they had any, the guy went out back and brought out a box with over 50 VMU's all Sega 1st-party. I ask how much are they, he said, "$1.49". I picked out 15 of them and headed over to their poor selection of DC games. I ended up picking up NBA Showtime and Jet Set Radio. ON a wim I asked him if he had any DC systems in (I just got one on friday and wanted a backup as they are hard to find at the EB stores, no to mention they are $16.99), he said he had one, and it had all the online software with it!! Who ever this system belonged to he never opened the instructions/demo disc or online disc
(ver. 2.0). Now im gana get my dc online through my computer and see what happeneds.

What do you think am I crazy? Also are there any advantages of having 2 DC systems? Can I system link and have my room mate use one on his tv? BTW I got him to order one on Ebay. He saw me playing Shenmue and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and basically said thoes two are worthe the $30 or so(17.99 for dc, 4.99 for shenmue, 9.99 for MvC2).
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

No you're not crazy at all :)

You know why?

I have four (PAL, JAP, US and Sports US) DC's and here on the forums there are people with more DC's... i assure you ;)

Secondly i'm investing more money in Dreamcast like BBA, Ikaruga, Zerogunner 2 (all expensive) items than I do for my Cube, Xbox, PS2, DS or PSP. Well i guess your a Dreamcast fanatic or not :)

Happy Dreamcast gaming!!!!!

Ow btw; you can use a linkcable with F355 Challenge...
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

i have 6 dreamcasts - 2 broken and 4 working :P :P
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

counting broken ones i own like ... 25?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

Jesus SEGA VMUs for $1.49 each? You lucky son of a...! |/|

Oh yeah I have three, one hooked up to my PC (VGA), one hooked up to my TV and one unused one still in its box. I'm always on the look out for more (especially for parts) if I can get them for cheap.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I got two chipped multi-region DCs, one is JP and the other US.
Insane homebrew collector.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

I keep one DC hooked up to VGA monitor in my bedroom, another VGA's set up as a dev box by the PC. I need to find another Japanese console, and maybe another to hook up to the actual TV set.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by stagg »

Shit boy, buy all those fudging VMU' s and sell them to people here for like 3 bucks and shipping, Damn. I can get some fromm where I live, I have about 5.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Outside of ebay, I haven't seen many stores still carrying those vmus let alone dc stuff anymore. So, like stagg said horde them, fool.

You're not crazy at all; I have one working dc and a crap load of spare parts that I've pulled from defective ones. Gamecube wise, I have two working consoles, and one replacement laser that I've yet to use. And since the dc are known to be problematic, its always good to keep spare parts lying around.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

We have a large chain of game stores/pawn shops in the southeast called "Rhino Games" that still supply me with Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/Nomad/GameGear/Neo Geo Pocket Color and almost everything else.

Thank god for them. I've got 3 DCs. Our VMUs, DCs, DC games, accessories, and crap are super dirt cheap here.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

GyroVorbis wrote:We have a large chain of game stores/pawn shops in the southeast called "Rhino Games" that still supply me with Genesis/Saturn/Dreamcast/Nomad/GameGear/Neo Geo Pocket Color and almost everything else.

Thank god for them. I've got 3 DCs. Our VMUs, DCs, DC games, accessories, and crap are super dirt cheap here.
I went to one of those once. (on a road trip) Its where i bought Final Fantasy Adventure =).
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

VMUs for 1,49$? :O

3 PAL DCs here, 1 broken. The funny thing is that I own a PS2 for a while and I only have 3 games. I have had also an xbox and I sold it. You are not the only one who is crazy :P
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

Snayperskaya
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Snayperskaya »

Geez, if i were you, i'd buy the whole box. (ofcourse, if they were sealed (non-used)).
I'd like to buy some games, but here it's TOO DAMN MUCH expensive. (a SoA is valued U$70 :o )
SEGA: More than a softhouse, a legend.
DeeMON
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DeeMON »

i have 2...
one borken, one working 8-)
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Darkfalz wrote:Scored this package recently :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 8701205574
Are you aussie? Coz I remember seeing that auction and wanting to bid on it. :lol: :evil:
Darkfalz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Darkfalz »

The guy had quite a few identical/similar auctions including brand new DCs, I got the cheapest one.

Edit: No more, one just went for $1.60 less! Doh! Although it didn't have Sydney 2000 (though I didn't really want that).
Last edited by Darkfalz on Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

I have two myself and like 12 controllers.
girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

Gyro, where is a Rhino Games? Is it only in like alabama and georgia or what?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I have four DC's (had six, but sold one, and gave one away to a friend).

I'm always looking for mor VMU's and controllers. If I were you, I'd run back and buy up all of those VMU's.

Where are you? I'm curious if that EB is anywhere near me. I'd be willing to travel 2-4 hours to get a deal like that (that's how I got two of my DC's).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.