Senko No Ronde Petition - All or Nothing

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Post by Christuserloeser »

I'm sending my in in one envelope. Don't think they need be seperated.
Insane homebrew collector.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0

Post by Nick »

Alright, Sweater Fish, you want my point of view? You got it. I'll be back in an hour and post more than you could ever want to know.
Very sexy hero, omg
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Alright, maybe not an hour, but nonetheless, here's my thoughts on the matter.

The Dreamcast is what I view as a very interesting kind of machine. It has an amazing balance of (rather high quality) arcade games, and also innovative, epic adventures. The latter is more a part of its legacy than the former, with titles such as Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and Grandia II being some of the best stuff ever released for any system, any time, any where. No doubt the Crazy Taxis of the world complement that bit too, and the dash of multiplayer goodness doesn't hurt either.

Sega's little grey box really had a nice run, churning out over 240 titles -- many of which were excellent (I've said before that the DC has the best good to crap ratio of any system ever made) -- in the course of about 2 years. Then the machine died, at least in Japan and the US, and all was forgotten. Such was the time to simply let the Dreamcast lie -- just leave it alone, let it be, and simply move on. It's a great system, no doubt, but "gracing" it with these releases in 2005 makes it seem like a downtrodden, forgotten relic, one that isn't fit for "the big" guns any more. The Dreamcast is like that shiny new toy, except it ain't shiny any more, and it's sat in the closet for years.

Point being about all this seemingly "nostalgic" and waxy ass bullshit is that I just don't feel that this is part of the Dreamcast's legacy. As corny as it might sound, as cliched as it might sound, I feel that these afterthought releases really just don't belong on the Dreamcast any more.

That's all I can say. In the DC's heyday, bring 'em on. The 360 is about to come out now. Just give it a rest and be happy with what you got. Just because it's on Dreamcast doesn't make it 100x better, any more enjoyable or that the system is alive and kicking. It's time to move on.

There's my "cop-out," Sir Sweater Fish Deluxe, and for the rest of ya, I hope you enjoyed it, or if you didn't, at least had the mind to skip over it.
Very sexy hero, omg
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I aree with Nick for the most part. It's kind of like people want to drag things on with this console by releasing the odd shooter every 8 months. The point is, these games cost too much money for the developers to make, especially on a weird format (GD), and when a lot of people are just gonna end up downloading the game in the end. The games tend to be very overpriced IMO ($70 USD, + shipping). There's plenty of great Dreamcast games that can be had for around ten dollars. These aren't the "good ol' days", there's newer stuff out, buy the game for half the price that it costs for that console instead of getting it on Dreamcast.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the Dreamcast. I play it every day, and it gets more use than all my consoles put together. I make an effort to purchase the games (which doesn't really mean anything I guess, but it makes me feel good).

Anyways, that's just an opinion, if 10,000 want this game, feel free to send out your petitions, just don't look down on those who don't.
Christuserloeser

:? - Someone split this topic ?
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Christuserloeser wrote:Confused - Someone split this topic ?
I'll never understand why people on some message boards are so disturbed by "off-topicness." Must be people who've never had a conversation in real life.
Nick wrote:Alright, maybe not an hour, but nonetheless, here's my thoughts on the matter.

The Dreamcast is what I view as a very interesting kind of machine. It has an amazing balance of (rather high quality) arcade games, and also innovative, epic adventures. The latter is more a part of its legacy than the former, with titles such as Shenmue, Sonic Adventure and Grandia II being some of the best stuff ever released for any system, any time, any where. No doubt the Crazy Taxis of the world complement that bit too, and the dash of multiplayer goodness doesn't hurt either.

Sega's little grey box really had a nice run, churning out over 240 titles -- many of which were excellent (I've said before that the DC has the best good to crap ratio of any system ever made) -- in the course of about 2 years. Then the machine died, at least in Japan and the US, and all was forgotten. Such was the time to simply let the Dreamcast lie -- just leave it alone, let it be, and simply move on. It's a great system, no doubt, but "gracing" it with these releases in 2005 makes it seem like a downtrodden, forgotten relic, one that isn't fit for "the big" guns any more. The Dreamcast is like that shiny new toy, except it ain't shiny any more, and it's sat in the closet for years.

Point being about all this seemingly "nostalgic" and waxy ass bullcrap is that I just don't feel that this is part of the Dreamcast's legacy. As corny as it might sound, as cliched as it might sound, I feel that these afterthought releases really just don't belong on the Dreamcast any more.

That's all I can say. In the DC's heyday, bring 'em on. The 360 is about to come out now. Just give it a rest and be happy with what you got. Just because it's on Dreamcast doesn't make it 100x better, any more enjoyable or that the system is alive and kicking. It's time to move on.

There's my "cop-out," Sir Sweater Fish Deluxe, and for the rest of ya, I hope you enjoyed it, or if you didn't, at least had the mind to skip over it.
Well, I guess that's the difference. I never considered the handful of games like Shenmue or Grandia 2 to be a major part of the DC's library. I mean, it seems to me that just about any other system has far more to offer in that category. I always considered the Dreamcast an arcade system first and by far foremost, so shooters and 2D fighters are very much part of its "legacy" in my opinion.

That's a difference of opinion I can understand, though. This thing about it being 2005 and the Xbox360 coming out so there shouldn't be any more Dreamcast games I just can't get any sort of logical grip on. I guess we have radically different understandings of the world. You seem to be focusing on biggest, shiniest and newest as if they meant something. They mean nothing to me.

The dcemulation boards are weird, though, because there's a mix of classic gamers and EGM gamers here like you rarely see on other message boards, so there's bound to be disagreements over htis sort of stuff.

...word is bondage...
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

Christuserloeser wrote::? - Someone split this topic ?
co-sign.

been getting a few suporting dc owners from college to sign as well.

I don't think it would matter if petitions are mailed all together.

another note. It's much cheaper for one to buy this title for their dc than to go to the length of importing a japanese 360.

These games are actually much easier to port to DC than any other console.

Senko No Ronde is ALREADY on GD as well. for more info, read up on our naomi ports section at DCS

http://www.dreamcast-scene.com/index.php/Main/NaomiPort
Eckostyle
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by Eckostyle »

Caboose and Nick = win the prize
kingbuzzo wrote:another note. It's much cheaper for one to buy this title for their dc than to go to the length of importing a japanese 360.
Why are you comparing one game to an entire unreleased system with It's own and another systems library?

:roll:
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

Eckostyle wrote:Caboose and Nick = win the prize
kingbuzzo wrote:another note. It's much cheaper for one to buy this title for their dc than to go to the length of importing a japanese 360.
Why are you comparing one game to an entire unreleased system with It's own and another systems library?

:roll:
canyou rephrase that? didn't make much sense
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

He's saying that comparing importing a Japanese Dreamcast game to importing a Japanese Xbox 360 is stupid.

Which, no offense intended - he's got a point. I'm sure there will be a modchip for Xbox 360s anyway by the time Senko no Ronde is released for it - so you won't have to import a Japanese Xbox 360 if you want to import Japanese games.

It's like oranges and apples. The Dreamcast is the cheap system to port Naomi games over, and developers know that there is still a loyal fanbase that will buy the games.

The Xbox 360 on the other hand, is the new gaming machine - and because of that, it's likely to sell just as many or more games than the Dreamcast.

Though if I were G.Rev, I would have inked a deal to port it over to the PS3 or Revolution, considering that US manufactured systems never catch on that well in Japan.
kingbuzzo
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by kingbuzzo »

no one really knows how soon a modchip might come. Most people seem to look forward to this on 360 because it might have LIVE support. If things go anything like the Xbox, there wont be any LIVE with a modchip.

Personaly though, I'm not too worried about online play. It would just be a shame if G rev got everyone's hopes up for this release, and then backed out. AFAIK, every new dc shmup has sold out completely. Would suck if G rev is just too lazy to do something as simple as a naomi port to boost their sales before having to go through the expensive path of developing for the 360. I really don't know where they have the money to pull off such a release, perhaps microsoft has assured them they back up all the small jp releases like there's no tomorrow.

time will tell. All we have is word of a dc release that may or may not be in jeopardy.

thanks for the support, keep it up!

thanks,

King.
Christuserloeser

Sweater Fish wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote:Someone split this topic ?
I'll never understand why people on some message boards are so disturbed by "off-topicness."
Hm, I think there are better places to discuss things like "360 is comin OMG now stop posting DC petitions cause its 2k5 and I don't like the game you are petitioning".
Nick wrote:Sega's little grey box really had a nice run, churning out over 240 titles many of which were excellent
I think it's like 750 games if you'd count Japanese and European games too.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Christuserloeser wrote:
Nick wrote:Sega's little grey box really had a nice run, churning out over 240 titles many of which were excellent
I think it's like 750 games if you'd count Japanese and European games too.
I was talking about the North American market, not the 500+ games released in Japan nor the 215 or so released in Europe.
Very sexy hero, omg