Jojos adventure and vga dilemma

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
nightstalker100
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Jojos adventure and vga dilemma

Post by nightstalker100 »

Ok, i know the game doesnt support vga and probably wouldnt look too hot on a crt monitor due to i being low res but i tried it anyway and proceeded to use the "trick" and lo and behold it worked except only the top half of the screen displayed an image (a full one mind you not half). Has anyone experienced this with other non vga games and could offer a remedy to the problem.

cheers
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

The VGA box trick. Does that work with Jojo's?
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

It works in the sense that it dispays a picture on your monitor, but it will always be a glitchy unplayable picture as nightstalker100 described. There's no fix for it, that's the only way it can dispay in native VGA due to its resolution. Bangai-o is similar. Maybe a couple other games, too; I think I remember reading that GigaWing or one of the other shooters that I don't own does something similar.

...word is bondage...
nightstalker100
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by nightstalker100 »

Last blade 2 doesnt work either. dammit why can't my favourite genre work in vga mode!
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

nightstalker100 wrote:Last blade 2 doesnt work either. dammit why can't my favourite genre work in vga mode!
Because the developers didn't feel like supporting it.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

You can force this one into VGA mode but it won't be playable since you can't even see what the hell is going on the screen - that is if your monitor can display any... :p