w00t got another!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
stagg
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

w00t got another!

Post by stagg »

Just picked up another dreamcast for 20 bucks! its got 2 controllers, and all the stuff i need, now i have 4 controllers!! w00t!
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

Why did you get another? to mod?

Since you said that you only have 5 games, I would have bought more instead of buying another dc.

I would recommend the dc version of Skies of Arcadia, unless you already have it. I hadn't even heard about the game til I read some members talking about it. Great fudging game!!! imo, almost as good as Chrono Trigger, one of my all time fav snes rpgs.....

Say what you will about sega but they still make some of the finest rpgs. With the exception of Virtual Quest for the cube. What is that crap? It was like they took the established Virtual Fighter series and tried to appeal to the younglin's
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

nobody cares what you think smiley.

having more than 1 DC is just a way of life, dont matter if ya need um or not. :mrgreen:
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Cid Highwind
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Cid Highwind »

Skies of Arcadia IMHO wasn't the best RPG I've played. The story was a bit standard (I lost count of how many times I hunted for crystals) but to me it was the way HOW they made the game. The whole airship concept, air pirates and stuff, that was really awesome. Definately something new and something I would love to see again :) But story- and characterwise I still prefer Grandia, even more because of better voice acting and the battle system. But the ship battles on the other hand were great as well :D
You feel at ease as you flock with the masses,
What do you see with your heads in their asses?
Keep on railing at what I believe,
Call me insane and I am proud to be.

--Edguy - King of Fools--

My blog
Gameholic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gameholic »

It's good to have a few DC's!!! It's affordable and it's always nice for sharing parts/modding and stuff. Ik have three DC's now (JAP, US and PAL) and i'm waiting for a Sega Sports Dreamcast.. the black one.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Personally, I have DCs for my collection. That's pretty much it.
Very sexy hero, omg
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

I also have two, one of them with a broken GD-ROM reader...
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

I've seen more than a dozen Dreamcast systems around here at local Blockbuster GameRush stores selling for $10.00. I have two, but getting more is not my goal...I would like to pick up something rare. Too bad I can't find something like that lying around in one of those stores. They have no idea what they are worth.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Ergh... Proof that fortune is fickle. When you NEED a dreamcast or 4, you'll never find them. All the national stores around me dumped everything that wasn't Gameboy or 7th Gen (PS2, XB, GCN). They didn't sell it, they shipped it back to the warehouses for online sales. Or burned it. o_o;;;;

Tired of my sole DC not being able to read CDRs, too. =_=
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

You could purchase one through eBay. Sometimes you can find them for a reasonable price with no one making any bids on them.
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

Got my current one on ebay. Not making money hand over fist, and I'd rather not buy nothing for four months just to get another DC... and the only reason I won the one I did, was because it was a core system, no accessories, cables, or controllers. Less than desirable.
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

And to think I just threw out a perfectly working DC. I'm sorry, but putting in those screws is annoying, and if it's not going to accept my mod chip and boot my imports then it can go fuck itself.
Very sexy hero, omg
Raijin Z
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Raijin Z »

o_o

;_;

Are you sure you're not from Atari Age, what with your having no appreciation for the value of a dollar?
Nick
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by Nick »

Well, it was my money, and I was pissed. Still am in fact. So I guess it was worth the $15 it would've netted me on eBay.
Very sexy hero, omg