REZ for Dreamcast

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by HomerCIDAL »

I actually meant a distributor of import games...not just a single item on eBay, but thanks for the links! How about the answer to that other burning question...how will the PAL version perform on an NTSC system/television? I don't have any PAL games so I have no idea what to expect and I've heard the horror stories... :|
Michael Bolton
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Michael Bolton »

i wanted to know the same thing, a distributor.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

just use VGA connection...
HomerCIDAL
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by HomerCIDAL »

DOH! Oh my...that was just too simple...I can't believe I overlooked that little tidbit. Thanks!
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

no worries mate
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

But, to answer your question, PAL games will display fine on an NTSC TV (as long as you're using an NTSC Dreamcast) once they're loaded up. Rez has some problems of it's own, though. The first batch of PAL versions had either some kind of bug or extra region protection (no one's really quite sure what it is) that keeps them from working on NTSC systems and even some PAL systems. Better to get the Japanese version if you can.

There's lots of good import game distributors, but I doubt any of them have copies Rez these days since there's so much demand for the game. For future reference, NCS Inc. (http://www.ncsx.com) is easily in the sam eleague as Play-Asia and Lik-Sang.

...word is bondage...
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

I use the Pal version of Rez, and it works fine on a modded Japanese Dreamcast. Only once have I had a problem with it booting - and after I justed off the lens with a coffee filter, it worked fine.
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

as far as i know PAL white label review copies are all problem free...
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Yeah...Rez is like visual crack. When I think of Rez...I also think of Cosmic Smash. Just Sega at their best when it comes to originality.

Since there are several people interested in Rez, I thought I might throw this out. I have several new copies of Rez available that I was simply holding on to (with a few other games that I thought might go up in value like Ikaruga...thankfully I didn't go for broke). If anybody is interested, pm me. I'll be checking this site a bit more often as I will be back home from medical school on a well-needed spring break.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....