Anyone here use DreamStudio?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Anyone here use DreamStudio?

Post by Nico0020 »

I bought it about a year ago, and im just now really getting into it. I printed the 70 page guide from GameFAQs and im still only a bit into it. So far I have just gotten down linking maps together, speech, camera angles, picking up items/equiping them, going in and out of places, and "special txt". I just made the HP setup on the sheet page but havent set up enemies that make it spark yet. Anyone else here use this software? its pretty impressive, just a bit difficult seeing how complexe it is. id love to see some english released games, for now all i have found are JP and spanish ones. Im working trying to get something together. Anyone interested, just kinda wondering how many people here actully have it.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS
Been thanked: 0

Post by Caboose »

im interested, is it like RPG maker? is it in english? sorry i dont really understand the last part of your post.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

It was an RPG maker released only in JP. It is heavly JP, but u can make your games in english. there is a huge guide at gameFAQs on how to use it. it helps a lot, and explains how to do everything step by step. I got it for 10 bucks at lik-sang. money well spent.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

Yea i followed that tut too, its still hard, even if it was in english it still would be hard, But i could link house to rooms fron the world map, i made a shop where you can by items, i made a dungen where i had a boss you had to fight, but once i realized i couldn't share it with anyone, unless i bought an memory card that hooks up to your computer i kinda gave up on it.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I made an RPG with RPG maker on the PC. It was called journey to Kain. It was short and It sucks to play your own game cuz you know everything.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Yea i followed that tut too, its still hard, even if it was in english it still would be hard, But i could link house to rooms fron the world map, i made a shop where you can by items, i made a dungen where i had a boss you had to fight, but once i realized i couldn't share it with anyone, unless i bought an memory card that hooks up to your computer i kinda gave up on it.
well you can e-mail DCsaves, would you be willing to send it to my Dreamcast e-mail account?

Ive been working on my game. How to you end up making an item shop? think you can help me out. I understand that it is done using the message selection. Though what kind of Items did you make and what did they do?

Did u ever figure much about setting up the damage settings? I set it up using the guides, but i couldnt get it to "spark" ever.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

i havn't work on it for months, i needed the space for shennmue which took 200 blocks, my whole 2nd memory card, and i only have 2. I might make anthor game if there is a way to mail the game save some how. I had a proble with the damage settings also, there was this one guide that i followed, cant remeber what it was called, and it explained a way to do it, not like ff, but more like an chance, but my guy died almost every try. For the item shop i wrote in the names of the items, then i pick what item it looks like for the invortory menu, they put the settings for the item to what they did, pertty hard, and i didnt even do it right. When i start back up i might remeber more, im sure someone on this forum has made a game from it, they would know a lot more then i do.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

I have it. I made the first village. Might pick up on it soon..
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

DC Software? Is it any good?

I wonder if there are saves for it somewhere.

Is it common on ebay or somewhere else?

If only...... How big are saves if it is DC?
SeGaFrEaK NL
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SeGaFrEaK NL »

Depends on how big you make your game. Its pretty easy to find btw try ebay.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

i have a zip of 140 dreamstudio saves. but you have to use dreampassport to download it, because you have to change the extension of the file. just how the file system works on dreamstudio. here are 3 of em i posted online.

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/nico00200/

you have to change the file extension to .G0#
the number represents what save slot you are using on the game. so if u havent made a game just use .G01
segajoel
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by segajoel »

Nico0020 wrote:i have a zip of 140 dreamstudio saves. but you have to use dreampassport to download it, because you have to change the extension of the file. just how the file system works on dreamstudio. here are 3 of em i posted online.

http://www.angelfire.com/ult/nico00200/

you have to change the file extension to .G0#
the number represents what save slot you are using on the game. so if u havent made a game just use .G01
I recently bought a copy, its really nice game. You still have more saves?
or exist a page where i can got more? I need some ideas for my game.
XBOX 360 Gamercard:
SEGA DREAMCAST Gamercard:
Mazamitla 360°
Fatalist
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Fatalist »

Some months ago I found in an old CD-R I made long ago with videos & trailers of DC games a lot of Dreamstudio games I downloaded from the japanese site http://www.kuusou.co.jp/dstudio/dendou.htm just before they closed it. The site doesn't exist anymore and the only way to see how it was is using archive.org but the games are not available.

I've uploaded the games in Rapidshare. Inside the rar are the games I downloaded from the Dreamstudio site plus another .zip file with still more games.

Of course to play all of them you need the Dreamstudio software :wink:

http://rapidshare.com/files/21850902/Dr ... s.rar.html
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

Thanks a lot for sharing these, Fatalist :D
Insane homebrew collector.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Nice! Thanks for the share!! I haven't touched the game in several years, but there was a time where I would work on the game I was doing on a daily basis for about a month or two. My only wish was that there were more songs / sound effects. However, it has a lot of nice features. It is really great if you want to make an adventure game. I am not sure what kind of ideas you may be looking to get, but you could kind of do your own sequel to a game series you may like as an adventure game. What I did was just simply brainstorm ideas such as characters, storyline, etc. There is this great cave map that you can use and add extra corridors. I made this huge dungeon-crawling maze with two different exits. If you find the one exit, you get important information on the boss fight at the second exit. However, it all came down to whether or not you did a good job of making a map like in the old-school days for games like Phantasy Star. Unfortunately, it never got finished as my big problem was the fact that the game would have needed a super huge memory card. I guess the best way to figure it out would have been to have the story branch out by the time you got to the "end of the chapter." Based upon what you did at the end of that chapter would depend upon what you got to do next (which next 200 block game chapter would be the next one to be played).

On gamefaqs, somebody made a hit point system. Although, one could go through the work of trying to create an rpg out of it...it appears to be a bit hard if you ask me. Dreamstudio looks like its bread and butter is adventure gaming. Good luck!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
segajoel
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by segajoel »

Fatalist wrote: I've uploaded the games in Rapidshare. Inside the rar are the games I downloaded from the Dreamstudio site plus another .zip file with still more games.

Of course to play all of them you need the Dreamstudio software :wink:

http://rapidshare.com/files/21850902/Dr ... s.rar.html
Thanks for the File. :D
XBOX 360 Gamercard:
SEGA DREAMCAST Gamercard:
Mazamitla 360°