What is the Seventh Mansion?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What is the Seventh Mansion?

Post by Green Ranger »

I've seen the name of this Dreamcast game online a couple of times, but not enough info is available for me to deduce what kind of game it is. Anyone else heard of it? :?:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

hmmph try http://www.planetdreamcast.com

maybe you get lucky

and the best soure would be http://www.gamefaqs.com ... let me know what you find..
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

It's a japanese game. Nanatsu No Hikan Senritsu No Bishiou

Translation: Seven Magic Mansions.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

oh damn
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Thx for the Japanese name Metafox. And thx to BILAL_XIA, I was able to run a search through Gamefaqs and I found out that this was in fact a survival horror game :o

Unfortunately it was never released to any English speaking countries, so we possibly missed out on a great game. Read http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamca ... R7885.html for a review on The Seventh Mansion :)
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
BrAzE
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by BrAzE »

Pretty good game. I don't really like the controls that much, but it is fun. Especially in 2 player with a mate.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

how english friendly is it
Kamjin
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Kamjin »

Pretty much 0 everything is in Japanese, but if you keep a katakana guide on hand, and pay attention to the colors the words are written in you can pretty much figure most things out. Although I rember getting stuck in a few places and having to resort to a guide.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Everything in Japanese? Even the dialogue in the FMVs?

By the way, for those who have played it, how does it look graphically? Was it a suspenful, scary game? What did you like (or dislike) about the gameplay?
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

didn't you read the review it's hardly scary

and I saw a few screen shots on google search they are weird a few of em without characters have like really cool graphics and there was only one with characters and the graphics were like playstation 1's dying day games...
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

BILAL_XIA wrote:didn't you read the review it's hardly scary
That single review on Gamefaqs won't tell me what other people think. I am asking those on this forum if they thought it was scary.

Please remember that reviews are subjective, what may not be scary to you can be scary to others. I want to know what the majority thinks.
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

Thanks for introducing me to this game people I had never heard about it and now i'm gonna play it. I found out i had already played it before on a display at buy right but now my friends giving it to me.
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Everything in Japanese? Even the dialogue in the FMVs?
Yes. I have a bit of knowledge of Japanese, so I was able to figure out most of the katakana words and enough of the written text to get by, but the dialogue is difficult (I got basically none of it). Puzzles from what I saw were interesting.

Personally, I think a co-op survival horror game is a great idea. I got a bit into it two player and it was fun. I'm probably going to try playing through it with a guide two player sometime. Graphics are on the kinda bad side, but they look better than PS1 games.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Eh, that says something when the game hasn't been THAT talked about.

If its entirely in Japanese, it makes it sort of difficult to play for me, and I really can't enjoy it much. Its not like a shooter, fighter, or action platformer, where little katakana knowledge is needed to play the game to completion. I wouldn't mind seeing pics of the game to know what I missed out on, but I wouldn't try to go hunt this game down.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I don't even like playing fighters in japanese what happens in the ending i never know why cause it's japanese..
qatmix
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by qatmix »

Its a good game, I got the guide of Game FAQs and played it 2player. Its not to hard to work out whats going on, and if we got stuck we would use the guide. I enjoyed it much more than resident evil CV. I also dont normally persist with games all in Jap. But its good. Its also quite expensive to get (Usually ?25) on Ebay, but thats because its quite a rare and wanted game).
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Hmm, I'd like to get my hands on this. Even though it's entirely in Japanese, I am a huge fan of the survival horror genre. I'd like to play this game just to get a taste of its mechanics and gameplay :).
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

all japan imports are expensive even the ones which are released in America there japanese versions are expensive I am sure it would be the other way around in japan too....
Clessy
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Clessy »

BILAL_XIA wrote:all japan imports are expensive even the ones which are released in America there japanese versions are expensive I am sure it would be the other way around in japan too....
Thats a total load of shit that you pulled out your ass.
Just go to ebay and see for yourself. Almost Japanese saturn games are far cheaper than there us counter parts.
Example.

PDS for USA is around $100
PDS for Jap goes 14 to 40 dollars

Magic Knight Rayearth
$60 USA
$10 Japanese collectors edition ( I know cause I was the wining bidder)
SE! SE! SE! Believe the hype!
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Clessy wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:all japan imports are expensive even the ones which are released in America there japanese versions are expensive I am sure it would be the other way around in japan too....
Thats a total load of poop that you pulled out your ass.
Just go to ebay and see for yourself. Almost Japanese saturn games are far cheaper than there us counter parts.
Example.

PDS for USA is around $100
PDS for Jap goes 14 to 40 dollars

Magic Knight Rayearth
$60 USA
$10 Japanese collectors edition ( I know cause I was the wining bidder)
Perhaps he was referring to Dreamcast games and not anything else? I haven't followed import DC prices much, but they do seem higher than the US prices in general - but this might also be because as a whole, the Japanese take better care of their games.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.