Wireless DC controllers?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Wireless DC controllers?

Post by arrowhead »

I have never seen them, but that doesnt mean they dont exist. I was just wondering if they did. I havent been the same since I got all of my new consoles wireless controllers. Wavebird is the best, but the xbox and PS2 wireless controllers are cool too. To be able to play from my bed whilst lying down is awesome. Thanks.
Shut that cunts mouth before I come over there and fuck start her head
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I know of two models available. Lik Sang sometimes carries a brand of IR controllers, but they are the fighter style (6 buttons but no analog pad, look like a saturn controller).

The other is made by a company called DOC's, I believe the model number is 1504 or 1537. They have a standard feature set, with a modified layout, kind of like an n64 controller without the middle grip. They are sold in pairs, and work frm the same reciever, but the reciever only has one VMU port. Be warned, some mega VMU's dislike it. They work pretty good, I'm using some right now. You might find some on ebay, just look around. I'm positive I posted an article about a year ago in DC discussion about where to find them.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I've looked into that several times in the past as well, and could only find the figher pad ones. My personal recommendation (esp. if you have other consoles) is just to get a PS2 > DC adapter, and get a wireless PS2 control...that way, you can use it on your other systems as well. The only disadvantage is the loss of the "trigger-style" shoulder buttons.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

Thanks guys. Fiddler, that would be a good idea, but the loss of analog on the shoulder buttons might be bad. Like fotr crazy taxi, which I am playing a lot right now, how fast you go depends on how hard you press the shoulder buttons. I think Ill try to keep a lookout for the DOC's controllers fathead was talking about.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Here are some of those DOC controllers that were talked about. I personally like the look of the ones on lik-sang better but to each his own.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I didnt see any wireless at liksang. Link?
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

Here are some of those DOC controllers that were talked about. I personally like the look of the ones on lik-sang better but to each his own.
Those be the ones.
I didnt see any wireless at liksang. Link?
They probably just dropped them, they didn't have them in stock a lot of the time. Lan-Kwei used to carry them all the time, but they've stopped selling like... everything. All they sell now are TC's and a few of the newer shooters. They're clearing everything on e-bay, so keep an eye out for some.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
arrowhead
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by arrowhead »

I am definately going to bid on those if the price doesnt go over 20 bucks with an hour left. No sense in driving up the price. Anyway, fathead, how do the shoulder buttons work? Those seem to be the buttons that are least responsive on the PS2 and xbox wireless, the wavebird is amazing though. Also is it tough to use the analog stick with itbeing so close to the center? Thanks again.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Pretty good.
ghostparty
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by ghostparty »

I believe that http://www.gocybershop.com used to have some, they might still have them.
They looked a little weird though, but it's all good! :D
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I know DOC's has a web page, if you e-mail their tech support they will try and hook you up with some links. I know I found at least one shop selling them, but this has been some time ago.
MaximumZero
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MaximumZero »

I saw thos DOCS wireless controllers a few weeks before my EB stopped carrying DC stuff altogether. Only $20. I was close to getting them, but I was afraid I'd get a shoddy product.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

ghostparty wrote:I believe that http://www.gocybershop.com used to have some, they might still have them.
They looked a little weird though, but it's all good! :D
http://www.gocybershop.ca

And I've had trouble with them before.

There used to be a set of RF wireless Dreamcast controllers that were blocky and white with what appeard to be VMU slots on the CONTROLLERS (eh?), but it's hard to even find information about them now. Now I wish I'd spent the $50 USD on the mtoday, if only because you can't find hide nor hair of them today.. I THINK it was Nuby, but I'm not sure in the least anymore.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
dj898
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by dj898 »

I will have to look for any wireless (cordless) DC controller next time I visit Tokyo...
that RF unit sounds interesting...

cheers
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

What is the webpage for DOCS?
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Just look for the DOC's brandname on google, that's probably how I found it. Dunno, ain't been there in aboot a year.
Johnnylee_hang
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Johnnylee_hang »

I'm not sure about wireless, but I saw some rare controller at Jandaman. I don't trust ebay and even in the future. They refunded my money plenty of times when they know that they are late shipping my items while I told them that I will give them a bad feeback.
Sir Savant
Somewhat Dumb Knight

Post by Sir Savant »

I only saw the regular DC Controller there, but some other good stuff there too. But not what I was looking for.