Does HeadHunter Get any easier?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Does HeadHunter Get any easier?

Post by mkjones »

I had a crack at HeadHunter after not playing it for about 3 months last night..

I was on the level where you have to use these little Spider robots to kill this guy, after 2 hours I worked out what I was doing but grrrr, its hard?

Does it get any easier after this :( I never knew I sucked so much!
Dust on the Dreamcast
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Heh...not the easiest game ever written; it takes some getting used to. (Some people try to approach it like MGS, but end up having trouble because it's far more action-oriented than that title). And yes, the spider robots took me quite some time to figure out as well...the first time I took control of one, I was thinking *OH!!!* So THIS is how it works! (I'd just been shooting them and dodging explosions, waiting for the boss to move into some presumed "other phase" of his attack where he would be more vulnerable).

Headhunter is still a great game, though. I'd have to put it somewhere on my list of top ten DC games (despite the fact that it didn't even come out in my country...sometimes eBay is a necessary evil).
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

And yes, the spider robots took me quite some time to figure out as well...
For hours I was pointing them at the WRONG door! I mean it did say "safety door" and that was the door you enter the room as! :(

Still love the game, I plan on completeing it as the Sequal will be out on Xbox soon ;)
Dust on the Dreamcast
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

The main character also looks kinda like one of my housemates :-P
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Jack Wade : Currently Residing in Santa Cruz, CA, USA :mrgreen:
Dust on the Dreamcast
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Hahaha.. I had trouble figuring out what to do on that bit also... I got so frustrated by it.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Same prob for me. But after that it seemed pretty easy.

Dont you learn some interesting facts about him after you defeat him? :lol: (not to spoil for those that haven't played it) or maybe that was earlier on...
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

This is actually the easiest boss on the whole game, i'm at work now so i don't exactly remember the layout of the room, but i made a small diagram showing the way to easily kill him

mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

yeh I did it as soon as I got home! you were too late man! where were you a month ago!

The problem was, when the title says "safety door" I assumed the "safety door" that I walked into the room was what it meant, but it was the one he was behind!

So I spent ages sending the spiders in the wrong direction :(
Dust on the Dreamcast
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

:( anyway, someone else could find that usefull...:P
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Oh yeah, that took me forever. I couldn't figure out how to control the spiders :).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
KIWASABI
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by KIWASABI »

Sorry guys but that boss only took me about...20 minutes... I found the 2nd fight with him a lot harder(That is without wasting your rocket launcher, of course).. I think this is easily the best dc game, though, I wish there were more like this...

-Adam
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Segata Sanshiro wrote:This is actually the easiest boss on the whole game, i'm at work now so i don't exactly remember the layout of the room, but i made a small diagram showing the way to easily kill him

Thats just very sexy looking map nice!
Dreamcast forever!!!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

It's funny tho. He said he was at work and went to the trouble of making that map. He is either very good with the app he used to make it, or is a slacker! Get back to work! :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Sorry guys but that boss only took me about...20 minutes... I found the 2nd fight with him a lot harder(That is without wasting your rocket launcher, of course).. I think this is easily the best dc game, though, I wish there were more like this...
The sequal is out on Xbox soon ;)

Anyway, after a while I got it, and have progressed to the next level of the LEILA system (now an A rating)

Its all about dis-arming bombs now, around the city, wich means driving the motorbike :( undoubtably the worst part of the game as its so uncontrolable at high speeds..

Anyway, at least my DC is seeing some action again ;) may load up RE:CV after this is done with....
Dust on the Dreamcast
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Skynet wrote:It's funny tho. He said he was at work and went to the trouble of making that map. He is either very good with the app he used to make it, or is a slacker! Get back to work! :lol:
LOL
I'm an art director in a advertising agency. I work the whole day with Flash, Photoshop... etc. I did that in 10 minutes (in Flash).... sometimes i need a rest from the serious boring and stupid clients!
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Segata Sanshiro wrote: LOL
I'm an art director in a advertising agency. I work the whole day with Flash, Photoshop... etc. I did that in 10 minutes (in Flash).... sometimes i need a rest from the serious boring and stupid clients!
[Has flashbacks of Tim Allen's character in "Big Trouble"]
noz6
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by noz6 »

Anyway, after a while I got it, and have progressed to the next level of the LEILA system (now an A rating)

Its all about dis-arming bombs now, around the city, wich means driving the motorbike undoubtably the worst part of the game as its so uncontrolable at high speeds..

Anyway, at least my DC is seeing some action again may load up RE:CV after this is done with....
this pat ofthe game is easy. it only took me like 30 mins. if that i beat it today. does someone have the second disk for sale when i get a paypal account?
black rainbow
-------------
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

This game is my favorite for the DC. I've beaten it several times. In my opinion, this is one of the more difficult bosses. He's easy once you get the hang of the spiders tho. Now, I can get past him quick, but the 1st time I played, it took me several tries.
The end boss took quite a few tries to beat my 1st time through. There's a certain pattern you can follow to make it easier tho. The last couple times I beat the game, I got him on my 1st try with plenty of energy left.

Good luck with the game. In my opinion, the graphics just get better and better as you go. :)

-Ex
Tis my sig.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I just got lost in a building at some point and haven't played it since. Waaaaay too mazelike for me.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.