propeller arena sold

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SmokeyFingaz
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

propeller arena sold

Post by SmokeyFingaz »

hi all, for those that havent heard the news:

a version of propeller arena (gd-r) has just been sold for big money on a dreamcast forum.
1.500$!!! was the price a member came up with

it is said to be the finished version....and its coming...... :twisted:
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

so you're happy that someone paid $1500 to buy it then have it warez?? :roll:
SmokeyFingaz
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SmokeyFingaz »

just stating the fact that a person has bought it and a release is planned.

no more, no less
DLM
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DLM »

really, I don't see how somebody ripping and releasing a game like that is going to hurt sega or any company at all whatsoever, but....
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yea i read it at Online consoles. you beat me to the post. more of I was lazy. )()(
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

I've been waiting for this day to come for a long time.
Pyrosurfer
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Pyrosurfer »

q_006 wrote:so you're happy that someone paid $1500 to buy it then have it warez?? :roll:
I am :lol:
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

Is warez the right word to call it? It was never released for profit, so not sure if it could be considered warez.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

The OK Pope wrote:Is warez the right word to call it? It was never released for profit, so not sure if it could be considered warez.
Kinda like Half-Life, huh? And I believe we aready answered the question about Half-Life.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

you can argue and say its not right or illegal, but to my knowledge its a great game isn't available to the general public in any way. yay
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Cool, anyone please pm the forum on which it was sold or more info on this kinda intresting. Castlevania was in the news recently I think there is a beta or something?
xericx
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by xericx »

jesus, $1500?..that game better give you a blowjob while playing it.

i would like to play this game tho as the screens that were released for it looked awsome.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Very interesting - I'm keeping an eye on the DCH and Assembler forums. (Sorry, I post no linky since it's considered a wee bit shady). At one point (actually at two points on two different forums) groups of dudes were pooling money to buy the Propellor Arena GD-ROM and rip it (though it looks like someone else ended up buying it). Looks like the deal has been done. Interesting...
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Hipocricy aside, we all know that we all have or have played Half Life on the Dreamcast! If we think a little why the hell we are here (in this forum), its cause we LOVE or at least like Dreamcast and videogames in general.
And i think it's a little hipocritic and stupid to say that we wont play a game that never got released because its warez???? We are gamers! I respect the Dreamcast and 99% of my games are original GD roms... The other 1 % is well.... homebrews, emus and Half Life. I think we have a right to play this game, because we supported the DC, we waited for the game and we got fucked! Anyway Propeller Arena has not been released on any other console (i'm not sure, correct me if i'm wrong) or planned to be released, so i dont think it will affect segas business cause only DC owners will have it..
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I understand your sentiment, but we do not have a right to play it. We arent owed anything by Sega, if anything we owe Sega for the years of gaming we have gotten out of them [then again, most of us paid for those years of gaming]
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

OK, you're right! I just got excited, because everybody talks about warez as if it is some kind of disease or a virus, the question is not "to download or not to download" in my opinion is:"to respect or not to respect the game developers and their hard work" and i think that the developers who made Propeller Arena will feel good if people play and love their game:).
We arent owed anything by Sega, if anything we owe Sega for the years of gaming we have gotten out of them [then again, most of us paid for those years of gaming]
Maybe sony owes us :P or the corporate desicion makers, or maybe the pirates who managed to crack DC games in the first place, or the people who never trusted sega!!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I understand your excitement Segata Sanshiro, but unless
Maybe sony owes us or the corporate desicion makers, or maybe the pirates who managed to crack DC games in the first place, or the people who never trusted sega!!
this was meant in jest, you are wrong.
i think that the developers who made Propeller Arena will feel good if people play and love their game:).
You could be right, but I think they would feel better if we were buying their game, so that they could make some sort of profit from their hard work.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

i think that the developers who made Propeller Arena will feel good if people play and love their game:).
You could be right, but I think they would feel better if we were buying their game, so that they could make some sort of profit from their hard work.
Unfortuantely--and where the hitch comes in--is that you *can't* buy it. It's not been release anywhere for anything, and it's not even been proposed for any other systems. It exists in SOME usable form, but that form is shelved and locked away, much like Castlevania Resurrection or Sonic Xtreme (both of which I'd be more than enthusiastic to take for a test-drive).
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

I just took a picture of the back of ALIENFRONT online's booklet... i guess i had nothing to do:
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Also, another interesting twist is added (at least in the U.S.) by an amendment to the Digital Millenium act passed by Congress last year (and this is important for those into emulators, too):

I'm not entirely clear on the details, because I only caught the second half of the report on CNN...but, in response to the rising popularity of emulation, and the tangle of ROM-related lawsuits choking courts, digital copyright law was modified to permit the download and possession of game images when both of the following qualifications are met: (A) those games are not "reasonably available" for purchase, and (B) the games require hardware that is no longer in production to run.