Worst game ever!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Worst game ever!

Post by sheng »

What is your worst DC game ever! My a bike game that trully sucked at graphics and game play, can't remember what it was called, but it's published by the company who published Revolt (good game).
Dream on
ETR
Dumb

Post by ETR »

Spirit of Speed gets my vote.
Smiley wrote:I was bored and like to hear myself talk, that's all....
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

From what i've played:
- Hidden and Dangerous
- Dragon Riders
- Test Drive 6
- Star Wars Jedi power battles
- Jeremy Mgrath supercross
- Toy Story 2
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

I dunno, but whoever made Slave Zero shouldn't be in business.
/WhtCastle
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

you guys are way off! Anyways, my worst are the same as the last few times we've had this topic :wink: :

ECW Hardcore
Rainbox Six
Wild Metal
Blue Stinger

BTW I agree about Toy Story 2 (horrible load times) but Jedi Power Battles is one of the DC best!
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Jedi Power Battles is utter crud that has no redeeming features what so ever (unless you like Star Wars).

Blue Stinger was a game that showed a lot of charm, character and idea but let down by some floaty control (but I like it)

Spirit of Speed 1937 is probably the worst game on the DC, Amazingly it had a Japanese release (and is probably one of the reasons why the Japanese are so dismissive of western games :lol: ).
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Floigan Brothers, terrible game
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

impetus wrote:but Jedi Power Battles is one of the DC best!
I have to agree I've had lots of fun playing this game, especially in Two player mode, why people honestly say it sucks is beyond me... sure some of the camera angles suck, but that seems to be a very common problem with games these days so....

as for worst game I played...
I'm not sure I've only briefly played Slave Zero, Wild Metal, & Rainbow six (wasn't impressed with them, but I haven't given them enough time to judge whether I think they're good or not). I did find Incoming to be rather annoying, but that's because the first mission took so damn long and I had to get going.
Green Ranger
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Green Ranger »

Worst game for me? That's easy, Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles. Very blocky graphics, little to no music and unfavorable gameplay. :cry:
Go Go Power Rangers!!!
DarkGambitX
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DarkGambitX »

The worst I have ever played was proably ECW Hardcore. Man that game was so damn bad.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

There are some out which woult get my vote but I still remember Flag to Flag which looks soooo nice and had a nice presentation but the gameplay and control was pure crap. That was a pity.
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Ook, ook.

Flag To Flag isn't that bad. You have to keep in mind that it's not mean to be a sim racer. It's arcadey, very arcadey. I like it a lot.

And Jedi Power Battles...damn, that's just a great game. I don't even see what problem people would have with it. I can only assume that anyone who says it's trash only played the Playstation version, whic is supposedly very buggy. The DC version is smooth stuff. My biggest complaint about it is that there's no jumping attack. C'mon! A slash'em up with no jumping in attack? But rebounding laser fire with your light sabre is the coolznit. And I'm not even a Star Wars fan, either.

The only game I ever bought for my DC and disliked enough to get rid of was Dragonriders. It wasn't hellaciious, but just boring PC style crap with really stiff gameplay. Felt almost like Highlander on the Jaguar CD.

Actually, though, I do have ECW Hardcore Revolution, I got it as part of a big lot, but I've never played it since it won't work in VGA. It certainly looks bad from the pics on the case, though. I'll stick to Fire Pro D.

...word is bondage...
ian
Young Null Warrior
Young Null Warrior

Post by ian »

the worst i have played on dc is incoming.. and if thats the worst i ever play i'll be lucky :lol:
It's a livin' thing, Its a terrible thing to lose.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I honestly can't think of anything that had NO redeeming qualities...

Tetris was a disappointment. But then, that's just because I was expecting extras and such; Tetris is still Tetris, which is inherently awesome.

Slave Zero had problems. Big problems. But it's still okay for a few minutes.

Racers all really depend on your taste...and while there were a lot of lackluster ones, they're just that: mediocre racers.

A lot of people didn't like Draconus. However, I loved the original Die by the Sword, and to me, Draconus is just like a continuation of that.

Dragon Riders of Pern is pretty miserable, but then, I didn't care for the books...so that may be part of it. I'd like an opinion from somebody who read and enjoyed the Pern novels.

Konami did some less-than-spectacular sports games...but they're sports games. And unless a sports game is outstanding, it's "just another sports game."

So that's it. There were some outstanding titles, and a LOT of mediocre or forgettable titles, but I can't really think of anything that I actually regretted subjecting my DC to. The only things I can actually think of being BAD gameplay experiences were because the game was unfinished, which I don't think really counts. Here's what I've played (note: not what I own, what I've played):

4x4 Evo
AeroWings 2
Alien Front Online
Armada
Atari Anniversary Collection
Bangai-O
Bleem! for MGS
Bleem! for GT2
Blue Stinger
Bomberman Online
Bust-a-Move 4
Capcom vs SNK 1 & 2
Carrier
Chicken Run
Chu Chu Rocket
Confidential Mission
Cool Cool Toon
Crazy Taxi 1 & 2
DDR: Club Mix
Daytona USA
Dead or Alive 2
Deep Fighter
Disney Magical Racing
Donald Duck
Draconus
Dragon Riders
Ecco
EGG
Evil Twin
Evolution (WoSD, not 7th Cross)
Expendable
Floigan Bros
Frogger 2
Fur Fighters
Gauntlet
GTA2
Grandia 2
Guilty Gear X
Half-Life
Headhunter
House of the Dead 2
Hydro Thunder
Ikaruga
Illbleed
Jet Grind Radio
KISS
Legacy of Kain
Looney Tunes Space Race
Maken X
Mars Matrix
MvC
MvC2
MDK2
Metropolis Street Racer
Midway's Greatest Hits 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat
Mr. Driller
Ms. Pac-Man
NBA2k
NBA2k1
NBA2k2
NBA Showtime
NFL2k
NFL2k2
NFL Blitz 2001
NHL2k2
Ooga Booga
Outtrigger
PBA Bowling 2001
PSOv2
Pod: Speedzone
PowerStone 2
Project Justice
Quake 3
Rainbow Six
Rayman 2
Re-Volt
Record of Lodoss War
RE2
RE3
RE: Code Veronica
Rippin' Riders
S.F. Rush
Seaman
Shadowman
Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Silent Scope
Silver
Skies of Arcadia
Soldier of Fortune
Sonic 1 & 2
Soul Calibur
Space Channel 5 pt. 1 & 2
Star Wars JPB
Star Wars Racer
Starlancer
Street Fighter 2X
Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike
Stupid Invaders
Super Magnetic Neo
Tee Off
Tennis 2k2
Test Drive 6
Tetris
Timestalkers
Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2
Tony Hawk 1 & 2
Typing of the Dead
Unreal Tourny
Vanishing Point
Virtua Tennis
Wacky Races
Worms Armageddon & World Party
Zombie Revenge

...That's ALMOST one for every letter of the alphabet ;-). But anyway, maybe I just missed all the bad ones...but I've played more DC games than I have games for any other system except Gameboy and NES...and nothing has struck me as truly terrible. But that's just my opinion ;-)
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I think I accidentally left a couple things off that list (most noticeably Slave Zero, Surf Rocket Racers, and Sword of the Berserk)...but you get the picture.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

you have too much time.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Worst game? Hard to say...
Suzuki Allstar Challenge is pretty far up there with "Worst"

Hey Ian, I thought that Incoming was alright :oops: And was thinking about getting it full version on PC coz I saw it at Game Traders 2nd for cheap :oops: :oops:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Incoming
This is pretty cool Reminds me of Beach head on the c64 but super better version. I injoy incoming it's easy for me to beat never found it hard but really fun in an arcade type way.

Dragon riders
This is really great if you like that sort of game i spent a lot of hours playing it Slow and some of the puzzles are crazy but I like pc games like this so it was a welcome break from arcade action and mind numbing button mashing.

Slave zero
It was good on the saturn dont have the Dreamcast version but i like the pc version it got some good reviews and fans of it. I dont think you know how to play it takes a while and it's a bit buggy.

Blue Stinger
Great game controls, were fixed in the pal australian version it's rather cool and nothing comes close to it story and grafix are still nice One of the dreamcasts best titles. If you have the poor controled bad camera angle version then i see why you think it's bad i own both versions.They changed the problems on the release here Ive finshed it 5 times so-far.

ECW Hardcore Revolution
It's not great but it's not as bad as some ether It's just ok and has some people to play with you cant in other games. It's not a great or good game but ive played worst then this.

Jedi Power Battles
This is cool and a better version then the ps1, which I loved as well this upgrades it up's the frame rate and makes it silky smooth and makes it that much better.

Test Drive 6
I rather like this arcade racer fun for a blast, I cant say it's as bad as dirt track devils on the ps2 Now thats some utter crap. This game on the other hand is a lot better then the ps1 version and build on the fast paced road courses and cars to unlock i found it fun if limted.

Just about all the worst games people have posted are rather good or ok but not bad or worst of any thing.

Worst games Dreamcast seems to have none for me alll the games are ether ok or good.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Incoming
This is pretty cool Reminds me of Beach head on the c64 but super better version. I injoy incoming it's easy for me to beat never found it hard but really fun in an arcade type way.
Well, I didn't mind the demo. So if I can find it for DC or PC, I reckon I'll pick it up. Came close to getting it once before. Might actually get it when/if I see it again.
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Bertrude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bertrude »

I don't know about anyone else but Virtua Striker 2000 was pretty poor (excellent graphics though). It just didn't play like footy and was pretty limited.

I thought Star War Demolition was really pants too, and yeah I'd agree that incoming's pretty dull.

Any more?