what propellor arena like?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
User avatar
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: macclesfield england
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

what propellor arena like?

Post by runkthepunk » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:04 pm

hello :D i've just been browsing some old mags and was reading lots of stuff about propeller arena and really want to know what it plays like. i have looked on the dreamcast history website but doesn't really give you much idea so just thought i'd ask if any of you had played it and want to tell me what its like. really wish they'd released it :x
bizzle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by bizzle » Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:32 pm

It was never released.
User avatar
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:16 pm
Location: macclesfield england
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by runkthepunk » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:04 pm

yeah man i know they never released it :) but i also know that it was close to completion so i just thought that some people might have played a beta test version or somthing i mean the guy on dreamcast history has a copy so i figure he can't be the only one- plus he says in his blurb that his version is "not the one you will have played" so take from that what you want but i think it means there are other beta versions that other will have played just interested in the game is all.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3422
Joined: Mon Sep 02, 2002 12:31 pm
Location: Nigella Lawson Please Marry Me! :D
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by Master Higgins » Mon Jul 28, 2003 3:50 pm

i believe propeller arena likes candy
Image
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:18 pm

Maybe Kron has played it.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 2858
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 3:53 pm
Location: Bristol,UK
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by The Kron » Mon Jul 28, 2003 4:57 pm

I only played a 30% complete version :(

Id love to get my hands on the final version, Graphically it was easily the most advanced DC game and I thought it was quite accomplished, the gameplay was obvious but included lots of "special" manouvers per craft eg <-- then --> + x would do a barrel roll etc, its one of the games that would be better suited via multiplayer, the 2 player split screen didnt have any slowdown (the 4 player mode wasn't available in one I played)

The texture work particularly was fantastic, sound effects were spot on, Music was very AM2 :lol: The soundtrack was a bit more suited than the choice that accompanied F355 though!, I used to have the entire soundtrack in mp3 from a promotional disc I had but can no longer find it :evil:

Basically it was a massive shame that it was cancelled as it was 100% complete at the time of termination, With any luck it may see a rip release in the next few months and if you get the chance to get it I would recommend it.
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:02 pm

The Kron wrote:Basically it was a massive shame that it was cancelled as it was 100% complete at the time of termination, With any luck it may see a rip release in the next few months and if you get the chance to get it I would recommend it.
Kron promoting warez! :o
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
Posts: 1938
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 10:58 pm
Location: Sigma 957
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by someoneElse » Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:35 pm

*heart attack*
Image
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
gamedudex
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:37 pm
Location: USA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by gamedudex » Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:45 pm

az_bont wrote:
The Kron wrote:Basically it was a massive shame that it was cancelled as it was 100% complete at the time of termination, With any luck it may see a rip release in the next few months and if you get the chance to get it I would recommend it.
Kron promoting warez! :o
actually its not really warez, since it never was sold to the public... i heard it was leaked online at one point,, who knows... but it was 100% complete.....so its ok totalk about


if sega was actually selling this making money it would be different , but warez is ok as long as everyone can download it.
User avatar
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3833
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Fukuoka, Japan
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Nico0020 » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:43 pm

eh warez is warez, but I dont care about this kinda stuff. I love my Dreamcast Halflife.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
bizzle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by bizzle » Mon Jul 28, 2003 7:57 pm

The Kron wrote:I only played a 30% complete version :(

Id love to get my hands on the final version, Graphically it was easily the most advanced DC game and I thought it was quite accomplished, the gameplay was obvious but included lots of "special" manouvers per craft eg <-- then --> + x would do a barrel roll etc, its one of the games that would be better suited via multiplayer, the 2 player split screen didnt have any slowdown (the 4 player mode wasn't available in one I played)

The texture work particularly was fantastic, sound effects were spot on, Music was very AM2 :lol: The soundtrack was a bit more suited than the choice that accompanied F355 though!, I used to have the entire soundtrack in mp3 from a promotional disc I had but can no longer find it :evil:

Basically it was a massive shame that it was cancelled as it was 100% complete at the time of termination, With any luck it may see a rip release in the next few months and if you get the chance to get it I would recommend it.
The Kron, about the soundtrack, supposivly the developer released the soundtrack for free in mp3 format on their site becuase they felt bad about not releasing the game.. Check out their site.
User avatar
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 718
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:03 pm
Location: Pheonix - AZ
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by DuffMan » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:02 pm

Kron, How diid you get ahold of all these Beta games?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Kyosuke
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:29 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Kyosuke » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:22 pm

P2P has a lot of stuff, might want to check out Kazaa Lite or eMule.
tackyfinger.cjb.net
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 6166
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 9:28 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Lartrak » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:53 pm

It has NOT been warezed. We'd definetly heard of it by now - remember Half-life DC? A finished version was sold at one point on eBay I believe, hopefully that person will get it to the right hands.
Sultan of Saturn
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 1416
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 1:21 pm
Location: Disney World
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by Sultan of Saturn » Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:37 pm

Although I cann't say that I have played it, I always thought that it would be like Alien Front Online...in the sky minus the aliens. It would have been a pretty cool online game. Like, if it was 2 on 2, you could tell your friend to get whoever was on your back off your back. However, if it is everyone for themselves, then you could see who was the real ace. The only other flight game that really got my heart pounding was Sierra's old Red Baron game. I remember trying to take on the legend one of my first times, and either I would get shot and killed quickly or he would. However, if neither one did, then it really got exciting trying to get him before he got me.

It sure would be nice if there was a release. However, I really think that if Sega or someone was going to do it, it would have already happened. That is just my thoughts on the subject.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:48 am

DuffMan wrote:Kron, How diid you get ahold of all these Beta games?
He works for Future Publishing, the UK's largest magazine publisher who have a lot of games mags. I believe he also has the finished version of Half-Life, as opposed to the beta we've all been playing.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Dead in the Water
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by mkjones » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:42 am

az_bont wrote:I believe he also has the finished version of Half-Life, as opposed to the beta we've all been playing.
The 'beta' version we have ALL? been playing?

The version I have isnt the beta, its the GOLD version.

I assume thats what every other person has played too...
Dust on the Dreamcast
User avatar
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 13567
Joined: Sat Mar 09, 2002 8:35 am
Location: Swansea, Wales
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by az_bont » Tue Jul 29, 2003 3:44 am

mkjones wrote:
az_bont wrote:I believe he also has the finished version of Half-Life, as opposed to the beta we've all been playing.
The 'beta' version we have ALL? been playing?

The version I have isnt the beta, its the GOLD version.

I assume thats what every other person has played too...
We've been playing a beta of the Gold version. With a poorer framerate, no loading time optimizations and possibly a few other things missing (not sure, though). It's a very close-to-finish beta.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
Posts: 945
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2003 5:40 am
Location: Dead in the Water
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Post by mkjones » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:10 am

az_bont wrote:We've been playing a beta of the Gold version. With a poorer framerate, no loading time optimizations and possibly a few other things missing (not sure, though). It's a very close-to-finish beta.
Well, its better than nowt!

I mean Soldier of Fortune has about the same loading times and stuff.. still a cool game..
Dust on the Dreamcast
bizzle
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by bizzle » Tue Jul 29, 2003 4:34 am

Some guy that released some other unreleased games.. I forget his name, but it starts with a B, well he is trying to get it released.. just waiting to get it. He actually is the person who recently released that unreleased PBA Bowling game, System Disk 2 and some other stuff. There was a lot of talk about it before over at the Assembler forums too.. anyway, from what I've heard the developer released the entire soundtrack for free on some site becuase they felt bad for not releasing it.. I just can't find it now.
Post Reply