- Code: Veronica -

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
nymus
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

- Code: Veronica -

Post by nymus »

* begin prologue *

It began a couple of months ago when I found myself in the body of a red-haired woman. I had a new name, Claire Redfield, and for some reason, I was being imprisoned in an island that turned out to be infested with flesh-eating zombies.

Over the months that followed, I spent about 2 hours every week in the zombie-infested island, slowly but surely discovering the untold secrets that lay hidden behind the blood-stained doors of the Ashford mansion.

Today, however, things did not go as planned. I awoke in the real world at about 12pm and decided to take my weekly dose of terror; I drew the curtain, turned off the lights and pressed the power switch that has brought me so many hours of blissful entertainment and prepared myself for what I intended to be nothing more than two, maybe 3 hours of zombie blasting.

When next I checked my clock, it was 9:30pm. I was swapping discs and I had just spent the longest amount of time playing a videogame.

* end prologue *

Did anyone else have a problem at the end of Disc one the first time around? I think I spent over 3 hours just trying to figure out how to "step on the cockroach":wink: especially since I started that level with no grenade rounds, no ammo, no arrows and "caution" on my VMU. I must say that is the most I've ever been frustrated by a game; and I consider myself to be a pro! I had to start over from the very beginning!

I kept on telling myself that that part of the game was just impossible! I cursed capcom about 1000 times, nearly.... *gasp*, nearly hit my beloved Dreamcast with anger..... but after I succeeded, I guess it was Capcoms way of telling me to recap my favorite moments; and there were many of them I tell ya!

Well, if there's anyone else who loves this game as much as I do, post a reply.

P.S: I forgot where to get the 2 uzis second time around. Anyway, I think you only get ammo for them once in the entire disc so....no biggie
behold the mind
inspired by Dreamcast
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Veggita2099 »

One of the worst RE games in my opinion. I just couldn't get into it.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
gg
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gg »

Steve was annoying , but I liked it.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I'm not clear where you're stuck. I never had a problem with any part of this game, but I only played 2/3s of it - I watched a friend finish the rest.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

That's an artificially difficult game. How about the puzzle with the room full of paintings? That was it for me. I somehow managed to solve it, but I kept dying after that. Then a friend told me: "You don't have enough herbs, you have to restart your game". What? No thanks. Restricting ammo and life is a lazy way to make a game challenging. And you can make a puzzle as difficult as you want. You could just ask: What's my birthday? Now that's tough, but definitely not fun.

And I'm no videogame wuss. I've finished MDK2 with all three characters. Now that's a really tough, but fun game. All puzzles are tough, but solvable. And the action is fun. Just pure, old-school gameplay.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

i finished RE:CV, and i cant say i had any problems with the game at all :)
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Ive only finished RE:CV and RE:3 I have yet to finish RE:2 b.c I wanna get it for my dreamcast, but its a bit tricky to find with a case and all that is. But of the three that I have played I must say that is the best one I have played and never had any problems with it. I do remember getting stuck at the room with the paintings for the longest time.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

I'd play RE games more if they got rid of the crappy control system.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Restricting ammo and life is a lazy way to make a game challenging
That's like 2/3s of the concept of survival horror :P

CV has TONS of herbs and ammo. It has like the most of any of the RE games I've played, and I've played 1, 2, 3 and CV. At the end I probably had like 10 left over.

I've heard of this happening to people, and I don't get it. Do you stop using the pistol as soon as you get a better gun? Get hit by every enemy? I've NEVER found an RE game really challenging at all - with the possible exception of Chris' quest in RE1, but that was more a lack of effort.
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Post by xxlenigma »

Veggita2099 wrote:One of the worst RE games in my opinion. I just couldn't get into it.
Dude are you nuts :roll:
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

Lartrak wrote: I've NEVER found an RE game really challenging at all - with the possible exception of Chris' quest in RE1, but that was more a lack of effort.
that was very hard,i am a RE freak and i only beat it once.

other hard parts of RE games

Carlos-RE3 battle mode (harder than nicolai i think)

Steve-RE:CV survival mode (wesker is easier)
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah, this one friend of mine is a hard core RE guy - one who thinks getting the rocket launcher in RE1 is easy (beat it in under 3 hours, for those that don't know)

I'm still amazed by the guy who beat RE1 with knife only (with the exception of tyrant) in under an hour. It was verified by that towers one, the official records thing for video games.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

xxlenigma wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:One of the worst RE games in my opinion. I just couldn't get into it.
Dude are you nuts :roll:
No, I just share a different opinion then you. I didn't like how they had Zombies respawn in certain area's everytime you left, and Ammo was a lot more scarce on this game. It had a better game engine then the rest of the RE games, but thats all I can say possitive about it. I didn't like the story either.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

I got to the boss of Disc 1 and I ran out of ammo... I'm too angry to start over...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I got to the boss of Disc 1 and I ran out of ammo... I'm too angry to start over...
What other RE games have you played? :-P I know how much that sucks.. But I hear people saying this happens to them, and I honestly don't understand how.

You can actually beat the tyrant on the plane WITH NO AMMO AT ALL. You have to hit him with the crate like 6 times.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

Lartrak wrote:
What other RE games have you played? :-P I know how much that sucks.. But I hear people saying this happens to them, and I honestly don't understand how.

You can actually beat the tyrant on the plane WITH NO AMMO AT ALL. You have to hit him with the crate like 6 times.
Only Code: Veronica... I waited and skipped the Saturn, PSX, and N64. Pure torture.
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

RE: 2 Dual Shock Edition for the playstation was the best RE in my opinion :D
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by s700pid »

RE: 2 was so easy. I started off playing RE:CV got about half way threw CV before playing RE2. I don't know what diffculty setting you guys are using but CV has very little ammo in it, in RE2 I was able to blow away every zombie I saw. CV on the other hand I was running away from about 50 percent of the zombies.
Stupid is as Stupid posts
[UR4]Dutch
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by [UR4]Dutch »

Finished RE:CV over 10 times now. Still think it's a great game. Never took me so long as you though..... Fastest time is 3:50, slowest 5:20. Trick is to keep as much ammo as possible without getting killed (duhhh). The first part on the island is too easy, just walk past all the zombies and you'll safe up ammo for the "harder" stages.

Love the game/story/visuals/characters/locations/enemies/sounds/etc. One of the best RE games ever and certainly one of the best DC games released.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

CV was too much work, lol. I didn't feel like wasting my time just to beat it to get to the battle game, which is a lot of fun! So i just dled a save, naughty me. But there is a survival/horror game that I just started to play yesterday on DC, that im getting very involved w/: Alone in the Dark: the new nightmare. This game is awesome! Prerendered backgrounds, which are so much nicer than CV, scarier music, better story (but a little cliched) and the flashlight, which lets you find hidden objects and scare away some enimies, better puzzels and better appearence. I just find myself more involved in this game then CV. I reccomend that you guys try it, its fantastic and you can pick it up cheap!
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?