Best RPG/ADVENTURE on DC?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sirmorpheous »

Calavera wrote:Skies of Arcadia is #1 Grandia is #1.1. Has anybody played D2. I haven't played it yet. Is it worth buying?
i rented D2 and rapped it...4 cd's...oh and the game kix ass go pick up a copy
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5

Tstyln
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Tstyln »

IMO I think D2 absolutely SUCKS!!! Thats just my opinion

Peace 8)
KingT82
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by KingT82 »

If you consider shenmue 2 an RPG, then I would say shenmue 2 is the best RPG for DC. If not, then I'd say skies of arcadia.
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

well the random battles of skies of arcadia really sucks they are sometimes annoying ,i will say shenmue is the best rpg for the dc the second will be grandia 2,skies will be the third
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

1) SOA
2) Grandia 2
3) Shenmue

Thoes 3 games are insane... they're not only the best DC games... but the best GAMES ever :)
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by EddyB43 »

Seems no one has mentioned Dragonriders of Pern yet, which is a nice storybook RPG really. I've not even read the books and I'm enjoying it, but it's hardly action packed. The Nomad Soul is another one, but it's more of an adventure than an RPG.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Shenmue is by far the best that I've played
punkrockdude
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by punkrockdude »

I would also have to say Shenmue, then Pso 2 and the maybe maybe dr....

LatEr
PRD
All thanx for my avatar and sig goes to NeonGenesis
Jack Klugman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jack Klugman »

Really, get Skies Of Arcadia. It's like Final Fantasy on PSX, but fun. And worth playing. And has decent character development. Wait, it's nothing like the the PSX Final Fantasies. Grandia 2 is a very very close second, and it would be first if it weren't so short (30-40 hours).
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

Jack Klugman wrote:Really, get Skies Of Arcadia. It's like Final Fantasy on PSX, but fun. And worth playing. And has decent character development. Wait, it's nothing like the the PSX Final Fantasies. Grandia 2 is a very very close second, and it would be first if it weren't so short (30-40 hours).
i beat soa in 40 hours my first time ?O (but i was missing one crew member... :? )
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Chainfist »

What about Record of Loddos War? I heard that is kind of like Diablo and Baldurs Gate. Anyone played it?
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Chainfist wrote:What about Record of Loddos War? I heard that is kind of like Diablo and Baldurs Gate. Anyone played it?
It's a great action RPG with a TON of rare items to hunt down. I'm about to whupp the last boss after about 40 hours or so, and there are STILL monsters out there that can beat the crap outta me. Worth buying.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Jack Klugman
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Jack Klugman »

[quote]i beat soa in 40 hours my first time ?O (but i was missing one crew member... [/quote]

I got everything and it took me about 70. It's much worth it. ROLW is pretty fun for a Diablo clone.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

1) Grandia 2
2) Skies of Arcadia
3) Legacy of Kain : Soul Reaver

Grandia 2 is painfully linear, but the storyline is awesome and has a a plot twist around every corner. It plays like a dream with an original and nigh on perfect combat system.

SoA is a great game but the combat system is dull and the game is a little 'lightweight' and predictable.

Soul Reaver, ok so it's not a FF clone, but its a solid adventure and worth playing. EDIT : btw This game is a LOT better on dreamcast than PSX. I didn't like the psx version but I love the DC version. Go figure.
The only bad thing is the blood has been made a slighty brighter color, thefore making it seem a little more 'cartoony'.
Ah well I suppose you can't have everything.

Personally I hated Shenmue. I found it a bit TOO realistic for it's own good. Aimlessly wondering around a town looking for sailors = not my cup 'o tea...
Last edited by Captain Tokyo on Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

Shenmue 2.Its my Fave DC game and one of the few originil games i own.Best 30 bucks i ever spent