Shenmue 3 on DC petition

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue 3 on DC petition

Post by Darkwing »

I found and sighned this petetion at a gamefaqs forum, as i figured it wouldn't hurt. IF you guys sign, please inculde as much info as possible (name, and region where you hail from) and remember to make serious statements, and no begging. This game can be done on the DC, and I think Sega, could find some way around thier contracts, to make this game appear (at least in Europe and Japan, as they do not like Xbox as much) on the DC. here is the link
http://www.petitiononline.com/shenmue3/petition.html
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Was glad to sign it. If only it would get as big as the Earthbound one. That one was 33,000 +.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

This game can be done on the DC
Shenmue 3 will not be on DC. I'm not negative, it's just simple fact. And how do you know if DC can do Shenmue 3? Have you seen the specifications for shenmue 3? I doubt it. It's a nice effort, and I'd appreciate it, but you're just wasting minutes of your life on a worthless cause.
Last edited by BornStupid on Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I signed, 410th person. :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

415th...
Bluce_Ree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bluce_Ree »

Bornstupid, you are probably right and I can't be arsed to sign it either but lay off on the attitude. You're just coming across as a bit of a twat.
RIP Richard Pryor
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I got a petetion. Let's petetion the gov't to give out more rubber to retarded people so that they don't spawn children who make retarded suggestions.

Shenmue 3 will (however unfortunate) never make it to the DC. Hell the DC might not even be able to handle it.
No signature.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

There's no way Shenmue 3 will appear on Dreamcast. Besides, after reading the following bit in Sega World Weekly, I'm not sure I'm still looking forward to Shenmue 3:
Sega World Weekly wrote:( o ) Shenmue III: The Movie

Coming right out of the pages of GMR, America's newest
gaming magazine, this clip of their interview with Yu
Suzuki reveals something quite scary indeed. GMR asked how
"With Shenmue II completed, can you tell us about Shenmue
III? We know you had to compress multiple chapters into
Shenmue II because of cost constraints. Will you have to
further condense the series?"

Yu replied, "The series will continue, but I think we will
go with a different approach for Shenmue III. I'd like to
make the next chapter into a movie."

Finally when asked if it's "a CG movie, kind of like the
one on the free DVD that comes with Shenmue II?", Yu said
yes. In a word... ouch.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

Bornstupid, you are probably right and I can't be arsed to sign it either but lay off on the attitude. You're just coming across as a bit of a twat.
I can't even imagine why you'd say this. I couldn't have been more careful in my wording. I had said I appreciated the effort and all, but fact is fact. If that's an attitude then I can't help it.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

People Sega are not going to put Shemue 3 on the Dreamcast. Sega has dumped the DC, there done with it GET OVER IT. If you want to play new Sega games buy a modern system.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Veggita2099 wrote:People Sega are not going to put Shemue 3 on the Dreamcast. Sega has dumped the DC, there done with it GET OVER IT. If you want to play new Sega games buy a modern system.
The sad thing is that every new SEGA game is either inferior to the Dreamcast version or hardly any better (with the exception of Sonic Advance 1 and 2).
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:People Sega are not going to put Shemue 3 on the Dreamcast. Sega has dumped the DC, there done with it GET OVER IT. If you want to play new Sega games buy a modern system.
The sad thing is that every new SEGA game is either inferior to the Dreamcast version or hardly any better (with the exception of Sonic Advance 1 and 2).
JSRF is way better then JGR.

People talked about Grandia 2 looking bad on the PS2. I was compareing them and did noticed its not as bright on the PS2. I don't know if its cause of a lazy port, inferior hardware, or if that was them trying to put some lighting into it. Everywhere you go isn't always bright and colorful.

Just because a game looks better on 1 system don't mean the system is inferior. Take Captain America and the Avengers for SNES and Genesis. I played both and the Genesis version was better all around. But if you was to compare Spiderman/X-men Vs arcane you would find the SNES version was better.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

get over it, dreamcast is dead. stop crying about it.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Veggita2099 wrote:
az_bont wrote:
They should never had gotten rid of the analgoue-swirly-combo thingies, they were cool and made a change from the Xbox's "push-this-button-here" approach.
Veggita2099 wrote:Just because a game looks better on 1 system don't mean the system is inferior.
Nope, and I'm not implying it. The Xbox is obviously a lot more powerful than the Dreamcast, and it's games look graphically more polished, but the games aren't as good or are barely any better.

- Jet Set Radio is better than Jet Set Radio Future (in my opinion - it's too simple now)
- Shenmue 2 offers little more than slightly better visuals and a more cumbersome controller
- Sega GT is just a bit crap all 'round
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
why??

Dreamcast is dead :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

az_bont wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:
az_bont wrote:
They should never had gotten rid of the analgoue-swirly-combo thingies, they were cool and made a change from the Xbox's "push-this-button-here" approach.
Veggita2099 wrote:Just because a game looks better on 1 system don't mean the system is inferior.
Nope, and I'm not implying it. The Xbox is obviously a lot more powerful than the Dreamcast, and it's games look graphically more polished, but the games aren't as good or are barely any better.

- Jet Set Radio is better than Jet Set Radio Future (in my opinion - it's too simple now)
- Shenmue 2 offers little more than slightly better visuals and a more cumbersome controller
- Sega GT is just a bit crap all 'round
Id have never touched JSRF if they hadn't left out the twirlly thing AND timed missions. Plus some of the markings you have to cover up on JSRF you have to hit fast and it would slow the whole game down if you had to do that twirl. I guess I could have dealt with that as long as the timer was left out still.

Sega GT was just crap. Its just space wasted on that disk that could have been used for some more demo video's.
Bluce_Ree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Bluce_Ree »

This is the best thread ever!

BornStupid, sorry... you just sounded so... serious. It's okay, I should stop spazzing out.

As for Xylene - the DC may be officially dead but it's doing a fairly good zombie impression. Let them have their petitions, it's not hurting anyone. Unless they start signing them in blood...
RIP Richard Pryor
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I don't care what anyone says, X-Box sucks!
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I just dont like xbox b.c you are paying so much money for a freakin computer. Might as well just buy a PC.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

this topic is useless...now to get a psx game here is more worth while(worked for FF origns)
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL