Wireless Controller...?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Vae Victus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Wireless Controller...?

Post by Vae Victus » Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:47 am

Did anyone release a wireless controller for the dreamcast?

If not, I'm thinking about getting one of those Total Control ports from Lik Sang and hooking up a wireless playstation contoller to it....Anyone know if this will work?
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: Wireless Controller...?

Post by Cless » Wed Feb 12, 2003 11:02 am

Vae Victus wrote:Did anyone release a wireless controller for the dreamcast?

If not, I'm thinking about getting one of those Total Control ports from Lik Sang and hooking up a wireless playstation contoller to it....Anyone know if this will work?
Some one made some wireless saturn controllers for DC.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: Wireless Controller...?

Post by someoneElse » Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:37 am

There were some RF Dreamcast controllers released in pairs with built in VMU slots (Bad idea). I think it was NUBY? They were not that popular, and looked uncomfortable, as well.

Then there is the original Saturn/ACII fighterpad clone IR wireless pads for the Dreamcast. No analog, and the six face buttons are arranged awkwardly.

The playstation adapters should be fine. A lot better range of wireless controllers are available for the playstation than other systems. So as long as you are used to the analog stick being flipped, and no analog shoulder buttons, it should be a good way to go if you have some laying around.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today