To open or not to open, that is the question

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

To open or not to open, that is the question

Post by Chaniyth »

I received a sealed Sonic Adventure 2 today, I paid $30 for it... on eBay it goes for $25 and $30 opened because it's labled as "rare"

Is Sonic Adventure 2 rare? I wanna know before I open it, to play it.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

:!: Do not open! Here is a link that will say why. Look at price and how it is. Click here
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I seen this game new at Babbages today for $27. Thing is it is the display one so it has that ugly tag and its not sealed. I only paid $25 for SA2 and 4 other DC games on E-bay (think it was Vf3, Smashpack, floogan bros, Sa1, Sa2,) Not bad for $25 after shipping. The SA2 is missing the manual though..
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Gamestop, Babbages, Software ETC, Fry's (all owned by the same company) are ripoffs, they are overpriced on just about everything.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

Well, I bought Sonic Adventure 2 when it first came out and I never looked back...
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Ok so I gaveup and opened it. :D

However it doesn't work!?

It loaded fine, but there were huge pauses between the screens, and now it won't even load... I can hear the lazer "chirping" like it's trying to read it, but nothing... what could be wrong!?
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Hmmm that sound like the game I bought from someone, freezes on loading and click click. yup the game was GTA3
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I got the import 10th annv. for $25 :)
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

You can buy SA2 brand new collectors edition box for only $10 so why would you pay $30+ for the regular worthless version. BTW I bought SA2 for about $5 one month after it came out.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

kubyx wrote:Ok so I gaveup and opened it. :D

However it doesn't work!?

It loaded fine, but there were huge pauses between the screens, and now it won't even load... I can hear the lazer "chirping" like it's trying to read it, but nothing... what could be wrong!?
You may have got a defective copy. This maybe very hard to detect, but look at the disc CLOSELY and see there is any grain sized fragment missing in the reflective metal of the disc... If there is, it is a misburn.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Sonic Adventure 2 is not a "rare" game as it was a top 10 seller on all consoles during the first few months of its release back in 2001. However, it is probably harder to find a new one now than let us say 6 months ago. I bought mine the first day for $39.99, and I got the 10th anniversary pack too. If you do not have Sonic Adventure 2 (an extra that is), then you might want to sit on it; but if you don't, just rip that baby open and get to playing.

There was a time some months back when Best Buy had them new for $19.99 on their website. Ofcourse getting new Dreamcast games is harder and harder these days.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Not only games, but systems are getting to be very rare brand new. (I look everyday in hopes to find a brand new one)! :D
MaximumZero
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MaximumZero »

I still want Sonic Adenture 2.... *sigh*......I doubt I'm ever going to find it anywhere though.... 10th anniversary pack? I thought that was released only in Japan?