Skies of Arcadia $20 plus shipping

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skies of Arcadia $20 plus shipping

Post by Veggita2099 »

I sat down today and tried to play this game, I just can't take it. Battles take too long and there too common. Anyways if anybody wants to buy it Id let it go for $20 plus shipping. I can ship for $2 in the U.S., $4 for Canada, $6 elsewhere.

EDIt

The game is complete in the case. The cd's are in good shape. It plays flawlessly needless to say.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
EverStoned
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by EverStoned »

Roger Wilco rules. In you avatara htingy.

I'm drunk, sorry.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Goodness! Please give this game a chance, I almost did the same thing with Grandia II and Dino Crisis.

Just play it for a bit longer and see how you like it. I'm just saying this because I've heard so many great things about that game and I still don't have it yet. :oops:
0newinged
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by 0newinged »

I know what you mean Veggita, I almost put down the game after battleing in that long sewer part near the beginning. Just couldn't take it with my short attention span :cry: I helped my brother beat the game though, and it was quite fun actually, but I just can't play for more then a half hour at a time by myself. It's like one of those stories you just want to keep reading but your eyes hurt :|
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

Bear with it a little, and you'll find one hell of a game in there.

You just need to take some time at the beginning to level up, and then the game goes on smoothly. Then, you can acquire special items to avoid too much fighting, and to be able run from fights 100% of the time.

I just started it last week, and I'm on the final part of Disc 1. I'm no RPG stud, by any means, but I've managed to get by. I've found that you need to invest heavily in good armor and weapons, to get good Attack and Defense ratings. You also need to equip your ship properly, since some ship battles can get VERY tough.

But the random fights can get annoying, they're almost as annoying as those in Phantasy Star II. Too bad you can't set up macros, to speed up the fighting.

The Spirit Points system adds some nice strategy to the often dull battles.

Once you get past the first major ship battle, things will seem a LOT easier...

Give it a second shot...
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I gave this game all the time I am going to give it. My charactor are around level 18ish and I am in the moon Crystal Mines. I don't see anything changeing the very long battles. I just don't like the whole battle system on ths game.
LiL Tommy000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LiL Tommy000 »

This game is amazing if you keep going, but i am right at the end and cant beat Rameriaz, have once but you go into a damn ship battle with the Silver Giga and that takes too long. But this is prob one of the best RPGs i have ever played.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:I gave this game all the time I am going to give it. My charactor are around level 18ish and I am in the moon Crystal Mines. I don't see anything changeing the very long battles. I just don't like the whole battle system on ths game.
yes the battles are slow and pretty long and drawn out. the gam,e isnt for everyone. but you enjoyed grandia 2 :D

now you must fine the masterpiece grandia 1
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

kaze wrote:
Veggita2099 wrote:I gave this game all the time I am going to give it. My charactor are around level 18ish and I am in the moon Crystal Mines. I don't see anything changeing the very long battles. I just don't like the whole battle system on ths game.
yes the battles are slow and pretty long and drawn out. the gam,e isnt for everyone. but you enjoyed grandia 2 :D

IT should arrive tommorrow actually. It was $25 after shipping.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:
kaze wrote:

IT should arrive tommorrow actually. It was $25 after shipping.
oh wow you DID get it.

one tip do NOT be put off by the beginning. the "treasure hunt" is the most annoying part of the game and you onlt do it once, so dont let that put you off.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Skies of Arcadia $20 plus shipping

Post by AmadeusZull »

Veggita2099 wrote:I sat down today and tried to play this game, I just can't take it. Battles take too long and there too common. Anyways if anybody wants to buy it Id let it go for $20 plus shipping. I can ship for $2 in the U.S., $4 for Canada, $6 elsewhere.

EDIt

The game is complete in the case. The cd's are in good shape. It plays flawlessly needless to say.
heh i'm not surprised. jeezus.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

kaze wrote:

Grandia 1 wasnt as good as Grandia 2 and the psx version of grandia is crap. You have to know japanese and get the Saturn version.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

shining force mega drive better then all of them sorry my opinion its a master game that should get more of a word and its on the mega drive and plays better then any rpg ..... very bias towards this game ive finshed it 3 times once on a emulator
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Cless wrote:
kaze wrote:

Grandia 1 wasnt as good as Grandia 2 and the psx version of grandia is crap. You have to know japanese and get the Saturn version.
I don't see me going to school and learning Japanese so I can play a slightly better version of Grandia 1.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Looks like I am gonna e-bay thsi one off then. Think I will wait till next month though. People are not as likely to buy for a couple weeks after christmas.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:
Cless wrote:
kaze wrote:

I don't see me going to school and learning Japanese so I can play a slightly better version of Grandia 1.
gotta disagree cless. i actually like the psx version better. yes there is some (rare) slowdown, but loading is MUCH better, and the slowdown in battles is gone. (why did they eliminate slowdown in battles and add slowdown in maps??? :o ) anyway yes the voice acting is a bit off, but thats hardly a factor in the entertainment value of the game.
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I thought the voice acting was kinda lame in Grandia 2 actually. The little things they said during battle just sounded stupid. Far as the story went it was pretty decent though. I think they should have either had voice acting throught he entire game or none at all though.

Don't matter if Grandia 1 is better on Saturn or PS1, the Ps1 version is coming.
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze »

Veggita2099 wrote:I thought the voice acting was kinda lame in Grandia 2 actually. The little things they said during battle just sounded stupid. Far as the story went it was pretty decent though. I think they should have either had voice acting throught he entire game or none at all though.

Don't matter if Grandia 1 is better on Saturn or PS1, the Ps1 version is coming.
grandia 1 does the same thing, just using voices on certain "key points" of the game
Current Music:
Little Viking - Future
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

reaper2k2 wrote:shining force mega drive better then all of them sorry my opinion its a master game that should get more of a word and its on the mega drive and plays better then any rpg ..... very bias towards this game ive finshed it 3 times once on a emulator
wtf does this have to do with anything?
It's thinking...
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

There was a Shining Force for Sega CD if I'm not mistaken. Skies of Arcadia is one of the best RPG's I have played. Yes I admit that the random battles do get very annoying at times. But if you sell it for $20 then with $30 more you could buy Mafia. :mrgreen: