Whats this 60mhz,50mhz STUFF on the DC?&Y DOES MY ..stre

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
hehehaha
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Whats this 60mhz,50mhz STUFF on the DC?&Y DOES MY ..stretch?

Post by hehehaha »

Sometimes whenever i turn on my dreamcast, a screen comes up asking me which 60MHZ, 50MHZ and bunch of other 50mhz and 60mhz related numbers with words show up on the screen should i choose? i dont even know what it is, once i pick one of them, it tells me to wait 15 -30 seconds and some color stuff shows.. thats only when i pick the 60mhz.. when i pick the other 60mhz Pal or some 50mhz or something, a black screen shows and nothing happens.. so wtf is this stuff?
Plus, does this have anything to do with my screen stretching wide? Cause whenever i play the games on this tv, and on another tv, i can never see my stats of the game on the corners cuz its cut off ..
any ideas? HELP
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

If your in america I beleive its 60 you want.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

WEll this shouldn't be a problem if the games weren't bunred
but 60hz is what american and jp users!

the problem with the screen being cut off is from old TVs that don't have as many pixels(or something of such manner) its the TVs fault not the sytems!

Or maybe your system is multi regional by modification!
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Pretty much all PAL games show that screen when they start up, because some PAL TVs can only display 50Hz (and most NTSC TVs can only display 60Hz), but most games are written to run best in 60Hz (because the people who do the PAL version are lazy).
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

If you can, just leave it on 60Hz. 50Hz is NOT made for games to be used on it. 60Hz makes the games play the way they were supposed to be.
MarHel2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MarHel2 »

BlackAura wrote:(because the people who do the PAL version are lazy).
That's so true. Almost all of the PAL conversions for PS2 suck. You have like 1-2 inches black lines on top and bottom of the screen and performance is crap.

Only Nintendo does a good job in converting their own games for the gamecube.... everything runs smoothly and w/o those black lines... just as it used to be on the DC..
hehehaha
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by hehehaha »

any other ideas about the STRETCHING thing on my TV? I doubt its really the TV;s fault though.. its not really that old at all. help help
Sirmorpheous
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Sirmorpheous »

if your using an RF adapter then that would explain y corners of the screen are getting cut off
51R/\/\0RP|-|30|_|5