Dreamcast game help

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Dr. Doom
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamcast game help

Post by Dr. Doom »

I knew it would happen sooner or later, but not for the game I'm playing now: Resident Evil: Code Veronica.

I just got up to disk 2 and there appears to be a scratch on the outer edge of the disk. I had been trying to get the game to boot for days now, but to no avail. Finally, today I got it to start, but the game freezes every time I try to go through a door.

I don't know what to do and I really want to beat this game. I don't feel like buying another copy of this game. I've tried using cd-cleaning solutions and wiping the disk, but it doesn't appear to be helpful.

Can you guys give me some tips or advice? I'm willing to try anything you might do to get a disk with a scratch to play.

:cry:
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

Game Doctor- its a small device that fixes scratched cds and lets them play most of the time. I had this problem with my House of the Dead 2, and after using Game Doctor, all the scratches disapeared and it played perfectly. However, this thing costs about 25 dollars. So what I did was I went to a local game store and asked them if they would fix it for me, and they did it for free (and in their minds they were giving me a demo of how game doctor worked.) So thats my advice, sorry that I can't be more of a help. 8)
[UR4]Dutch
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by [UR4]Dutch »

I always use turtlewax. It helps in most cases as long as the scratches aren't to deep. I think you can get it in every pharmacie (is that correct english???). :oops:
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

[UR4]Dutch wrote:I always use turtlewax. It helps in most cases as long as the scratches aren't to deep. I think you can get it in every pharmacie.
Really? I thought that stuff would be too think or something. I always use cheap white toothpaste to fix mine. Granted, it doesn't work with all scratches, but I can usually get 70% of them to read the disk with toothpaste. My roomate in college had a Disk Doctor. That thing will fix any game, but it leaves horrible rings on the disk. The rings don't affect the reading of the disk, but they are ugly and hamper your chances of ever selling the game.
[UR4]Dutch wrote:(is that correct english???).
With the exception to the word 'pharmacy,' that was perfect english. :)