DC EMU SITE NEW LOOK

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

DC EMU SITE NEW LOOK

Post by cube_b3 »

Dear DCEMU MOD,

I talk about dcemu on other sites a lot and i often ask them to come on the dcemu boards.Now it just so happens many people asked me where is the link to the board??!.

Well this was clearly verywierd but come to think of it,it is kind a hard for a newbie to find his way around the site,so (i don't mean offence in anyway & dcemu is a great site.) I think that dcemu needs a new look every thing is just feeded in one frame it makes it quite hard to find things.

If it could only be possible for http://dcemulation.org could have a new look, so dcemu could ... my medals.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ZacMc »

I agree the site is ugly..
Topic Moved to Dreamcast Discussion.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Only someone whos blind or cant read would have trouble navigating the site, oh wait a minute that describes most newbies doesn't it?.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Hawq wrote:Only someone whos blind or cant read would have trouble navigating the site, oh wait a minute that describes most newbies doesn't it?.
LISTEN i'm not a newbie i'm on probation i'll get my MEDALS back soon.

Now related to your blind people question.

It is hard to find things every thing is fitted in one thing and this site is not ugly it's very good just slightly hard to use for newbie's
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

BILAL_XIA wrote:
Hawq wrote:Only someone whos blind or cant read would have trouble navigating the site, oh wait a minute that describes most newbies doesn't it?.
LISTEN i'm not a newbie i'm on probation i'll get my MEDALS back soon.

Now related to your blind people question.

It is hard to find things every thing is fitted in one thing and this site is not ugly it's very good just slightly hard to use for newbie's
It wasn't aimed at anyone specifically you know, I know you're on probation due to your uncool newbie badge, it doesn't change the facts behind the statement though that most newbies cant be bothered to read things or look for them.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

I think the site is great. It doesnt really matter what it looks like, but what you can get off of it. If everyone eles can do it, it must not be that hard.
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

OMG! yeah, great idea! Lets get people who are so dumb they can't find a simple link on the left side of the page, that's exactly the type of people we want here! More newbies! It's bad enough the newbies we have who can find this link, imagine the newbies we'll get! :o God, if someone can't find a link, then who cares? Do we need people who can't click find a simple well located link? :? Seems dangerous to me, but if you wanna be responsible for bringing a whole new fleet of newbiness, then go right ahead, but I wanna be on record as saying, I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
Synlor
Official DCEMU Stalker
Official DCEMU Stalker

Post by Synlor »

DoughBoy wrote:OMG! yeah, great idea! Lets get people who are so dumb they can't find a simple link on the left side of the page, that's exactly the type of people we want here! More newbies! It's bad enough the newbies we have who can find this link, imagine the newbies we'll get! :o God, if someone can't find a link, then who cares? Do we need people who can't click find a simple well located link? :? Seems dangerous to me, but if you wanna be responsible for bringing a whole new fleet of newbiness, then go right ahead, but I wanna be on record as saying, I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!
you really don't learn do you? how many times have you been banned? twice i think. what where you banned for? flaming. what did you just do? flame. i've seen you flame other people too, even after you said you would change. be careful, otherwise you may face a third banning(and your last)
Thanks to Digital Chaos, GoldbergWWE, and ace for the avatar, sig, and badge!
http://devcast.dcemulation.com
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 »

The only problem I have with the site, is browsing it on my Dreamcast.

I would have reckoned the site was designed how it was to accomodate the dreamcast, but after trying it out, I've realized it's only half as DC friendly. Finding the word Messageboard is actually quite challenging since it's nearly 3 lines for the single link on the DC.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

corta2863 wrote:
DoughBoy wrote:OMG! yeah, great idea! Lets get people who are so dumb they can't find a simple link on the left side of the page, that's exactly the type of people we want here! More newbies! It's bad enough the newbies we have who can find this link, imagine the newbies we'll get! :o God, if someone can't find a link, then who cares? Do we need people who can't click find a simple well located link? :? Seems dangerous to me, but if you wanna be responsible for bringing a whole new fleet of newbiness, then go right ahead, but I wanna be on record as saying, I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS!
you really don't learn do you? how many times have you been banned? twice i think. what where you banned for? flaming. what did you just do? flame. i've seen you flame other people too, even after you said you would change. be careful, otherwise you may face a third banning(and your last)
That's not flaming, is it?

* TreyDay reflects
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

we all were newbies at once, and I say the more support in the form of people the Dreamcast Development gets, the better. I mean, why would it matter if more people came here and looked at all the great things Dreamcast had to offer?

And about the site, I really don't see anything wrong with it. Except sometimes the little swirls next to all the links on the side dont load and I get x's instead. But that is my problem not the sites. :wink:
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

ZacMc wrote:I agree the site is ugly..
Topic Moved to Dreamcast Discussion.

Why is the topic moved to the dreamcast disscussion this thread has an idea of a new look to be developed for dcemu the site.

and i think it is good all site's get a new look it will be even more comfirtable for the old people also

you must understand this is the biggest source of dreamcast games emu everything all you need to know about bleem!cast is available here so we must help the people by giving them a better dcemu site\

FOR THE SAKE OF ALL EMULATORS
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

I think the actual layout of the site is fine. It just needs to be updated more. Half the turorials on things lead you to use old cdrecord methods. Where is to eleven?
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

BILAL_XIA you seem very eager to put forward any problem you have with an issue, if you are serious about this one instead of just noting that you feel something could be improved why dont you state in a post the improvements that are obvious for you and make a contribution perhaps by designing your alterations graphically or through HTML..

If you want to make your ammendments and post them in a reply we can all see your vision and ideas.

Thanks for your contribution.
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

BILAL_XIA wrote:Why is the topic moved to the dreamcast disscussion this thread has an idea of a new look to be developed for dcemu the site.
Because its not a Dev Idea :wink:
Developmental Ideas
This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators/games/applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast...
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:
I had trouble navigating it when I bother going to the front page.... damn pop-up :evil: It's just cluttered

Yeah. The amount of ads is almost unbearable :|
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

ZacMc wrote:
BILAL_XIA wrote:Why is the topic moved to the dreamcast disscussion this thread has an idea of a new look to be developed for dcemu the site.
Because its not a Dev Idea :wink:
Developmental Ideas
This is a forum for discussing the feasibility of getting emulators/games/applications that have had their source released ported to the Dreamcast...

This belongs in OT, actually
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

The Kron wrote:BILAL_XIA you seem very eager to put forward any problem you have with an issue, if you are serious about this one instead of just noting that you feel something could be improved why dont you state in a post the improvements that are obvious for you and make a contribution perhaps by designing your alterations graphically or through HTML..

If you want to make your ammendments and post them in a reply we can all see your vision and ideas.

Thanks for your contribution.
WELL DOMO ARIGATO,

well i think community should be changed and emu index should be hidden unless cliked like SEGA.com and a back ground could be good
and only the three latest updates should be there not like hundred's.

I will work on the site's front page but i only know html so if i do who do i e_mail it to