2nd hand PSonline/offline? & Import shopping results

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2nd hand PSonline/offline? & Import shopping results

Post by gloomy andy »

ok well heres an update from my import shopping that i did in london yesterday

thanks again to all the people who replied to my last post about this

unfortuantely all the import stores had NOTHING of interest to me :(

the closest thing was a japanese D2 (i want a US copy ...)

i asked about some ascii pads and was told that they havent been seen in the london import stores for about 6 months now (damn collectors items!)

i did manage to get some games tho

record of lodoss war (UK)

thps2 (UK)

pso1 (UK)

but im concerned about pso (and would like some help about this)

firstly - can i play pso online - the manual says once the games been registered it can only be played online by the dreamcast it was registered on - is this true? i'll probably give it a try in the week (when ive set up my dreamkey3.0)

secondly - is it actually worth playing online at this late stage in its life ... i know that the online game has been plagued by cheaters (WHY?!?! :evil: ) would i get any satisfaction from playing online or is it just a hassle?

thirdly - is it worth bothering with at all or should i just keep it in my collection and also get pso ver2 and play that offline/online instead?

oh yeah and im guessin if im gonna play it online a keyboard would be useful and a character at a reasonable level (from offline play) would be a good idea (what is a reasonable level?!?! i know lots of people have 100+ lvl characters!)

thanks very much for any help and suggestions

:)

ANDY
anal=probe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by anal=probe »

You can play PSO online. It's true, once you play online, you can't play it online with another dreamcast. I'm guessing Dreamkey is a web browser? Just make sure you don't switch browsers after you start playing PSO online. It will flash your settings and you might not be able to play online anymore. You might as well get v2, especially since the PAL version doesn't make you pay for a hunter's license. You can back up your saves with xploder/codebreaker. That way if you lose items or someone corrupts your character, your safe. Just remember gameshark/action replay brands won't work with v2. You really shold get a keyboard for online play as there's lot's of chatting involved. It doesn't really matter what level you play online. You just might feel a little lost at first, but it doesn't matter. You will level up a lot faster online too.
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO »

If you want, i'll met you online this week. I am making a new character because my friend just got a Dreamcast and we are going to play online a lot in password protected games. If you want to set up a day this week just email me.

Sasso@si.rr.com
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

SaSSO wrote:If you want, i'll met you online this week. I am making a new character because my friend just got a Dreamcast and we are going to play online a lot in password protected games. If you want to set up a day this week just email me.

Sasso@si.rr.com
cool i may do that

anyway ...

the pso i got was second hand so if its already been registered it may not be able to run online ... i might just trade it back in for ver2

as far as gaming goes id be much happier to play with ppl from these boards - at least then theres a chance of playing with nice decent ppl!!

right i'll probably post again tomorrow when i know what ver of pso i'll have

:D

andy
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

gloomy andy wrote:the pso i got was second hand so if its already been registered it may not be able to run online ... i might just trade it back in for ver2

as far as gaming goes id be much happier to play with ppl from these boards - at least then theres a chance of playing with nice decent ppl!!
If your version is registered to another DC then you can phone Sega and they will reset the code for you in a few minutes. You have to make sure you have to original packaging and the manual though, otherwise they will just think you are a warez monkey. To be honest though, you are better just getting PSO V2 because you will get the Dreamkey v3.0( you can play using a free ISP of your choice) and there are less hackers and thieves on there. In terms of characters, you will find that on the japanese servers that high level characters will give you some super cool weapons and let you tag along with them to build up your exp quickly. A keyboard is not essential but it is handy for chatting.
DoughBoy
Yes, that's right I'm a
Yes, that's right I'm a

Post by DoughBoy »

no they won', maybe sega of europe... but sega of america won't. I told them the situation, they said they won't do it and Ic ould play offline, I also made up stories, but damn sega reports what u said the first time, so my sory of my DC breaking and getting another didn't work, they caught me int he middle of a lie... and the guy knew it while I was making other crazy crap up... say ur DC fried and u got another, thats the ONLY way they'll do it for sure... once they say no, you're screwed. :cry: however, I just went back to the store, and they gave me ANOTHER pso, and this one luckily had a key not used. :lol:
Another great and interesting post brought to you by the DoughBoy!

P.S. I'm looking for A Turbo Express, PM me if you got one.
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

heres a q then

while i save up for ver2 can i play pso1 offline to get a character underway and then when ive got ver2 (probably in a week or so (ive got a HUGE credit card bill to pay at the mo :( !)) can i transfer my character to ver2 to play online?

hopefully this'll be the case ... im real excited about finally getting a chance to play pso cos i loved ps4, ps2 (and what a played of 3!) but at the mo CapVsSnk is taking up all my time and when im not playing that its psycho fox on smeg!

thanks for ya suggestions and with some luck i'll have ver2 by the end of the week/next week! :)

ANDY
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

You cant, because if that v1 serial gets written in you DC, when you carry the game over to version 2, it uses both serials to log itself online.

If I was you, call up sega, and ask them to reset that v1 serial. Just say your old DC broke, and you need your serial reset because you got a new DC.
Sega of Europe are nice about resetting serials :)
They'll ask for your address, and a question about the game case/manual/cd.
They asked for the number on the bottom of the CD with me.

However, I seriously DONT recommend trying to play v1 online tho, its a death trap!
clessoulis
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by clessoulis »

anal=probe wrote:You can play PSO online. It's true, once you play online, you can't play it online with another dreamcast. I'm guessing Dreamkey is a web browser? Just make sure you don't switch browsers after you start playing PSO online. It will flash your settings and you might not be able to play online anymore. You might as well get v2, especially since the PAL version doesn't make you pay for a hunter's license. You can back up your saves with xploder/codebreaker. That way if you lose items or someone corrupts your character, your safe. Just remember gameshark/action replay brands won't work with v2. You really shold get a keyboard for online play as there's lot's of chatting involved. It doesn't really matter what level you play online. You just might feel a little lost at first, but it doesn't matter. You will level up a lot faster online too.
Just call Sega and they can Clear the numbers and they can be used on any system again.
DNR the current kickass dc programer. Thanks
for the emulator I've been waiting 2 years for.

Thanks to Reaper2k2 also for showing interest into WSC emulation.

Selfbooting for Noobs
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy »

ive given up on the idea of psonline

too many ppl telling me its bad

is pso ver2 much better?

im thinkin of gettin that at the mo ...

anyway thank to everybody for all their help