What dc game still gives u the most joy joy

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
drunkensailor
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Post by drunkensailor » Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:01 pm

fire pro wrestling d

also games I like r
shenmue
shenmue2
skies of arcadia
crazy taxi
soul calibur
come in peace and leave in pieces

life is hard but the frontside of a train is harder
SaSSO
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SaSSO » Sat Jun 22, 2002 4:30 pm

Dead or Alive 2
Sould Calibur
Quake 3 Arena
Worms World Party
Sonic Adventure 2
PSO ver. 1
The House of the Dead 2 (w/ gun)
Samba de Amigo (w/ maraccas)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica (playin it again for my friend)
Time Stalkers

Those are the games I am currently playing on DC, in no particular order. :D
catfishman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by catfishman » Sun Jun 23, 2002 2:11 am

My choices are (not including the "Must Have" games already mentioned) are (at the moment) : NHL 2K2, Fur Fighters (yes, really), Unreal Tournament/Quake III Arena (it's a tie between the two) and strangely enough, Warlord - the little homebrew game based on the old Atari coin-op and console game, Warlords
I remember seeing the Atari 2600 (VCS / Sear's Telegames) when it was new and thinking "Oh my God! Look how realistic that stick-man looks... and everything is in colour! There's no way we can ever surpass this..."
Man, am I ever getting old!
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc » Sun Jun 23, 2002 4:47 am

Fur Fighters...I could never get into that game for some reason...seems a bit too similar to somethin I have played before...
Flecko
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Flecko » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:15 am

Hands down the game I keep going back to is Tokyo Extreme Racer 2. Its not the most visually stunning racer for the DC, nor is it the most varied, but goddamn the gameplay is addictive!! I still haven't finished all of it yet.

I did play a lot of Soul Calibur, but once you get all the cards and whatnot, it just gets old. I still occasinally play it to school my friends, but single player is just boring now.

I also enjoy playing NHL2k2, but then again, mostly against friends. I find something boring about playing against the computer with the offsides turned off(Swingers joke =P )

And of course all the homebrew stuff gets regular rotation. I really like NesterDC a lot, I've beat Dragon Warrior twice on my DC.

The only thing I really really wish we had was a nice TG-16 emulator(military madness owns you so bad its not even funny)

-Flecko
Never use your hand as a hammer or you'll just end up hurting it like you did when you told it you had a girlfriend
ssjx
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ssjx » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:01 am

My favourite games on DC are:

1) Sonic Adventure 1

This gets my vote for one of the best games ever. And i'm still impressed
by the intro.

2) Crazy Taxi

Great for a quick play, looks stunning, is really quick and most importantly is fun.

3) Chu Chu Rocket

Brilliant puzzle game, when i got my DC i didn't touch this game for months because i thought it looked rubbish, when i actually had a go
on it i was playing it for hours.
jaikben
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by jaikben » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:29 am

1. f355 ( best racer ever )
2. Samba ( livin la vida loco )
3. shenmue 2 ( HAd more fun with it then 1)
4. virtua tennis ( great fun )
5. doa2 ( great fun with my girlfriend

And so much more games that are equally good
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD » Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:57 pm

I can't believe no one has said Rush 2049 yet. Nothing beats battle mode with 4 players. That and all the cheats make it the perfect multiplayer game.
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by 999 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 4:27 pm

LukeD wrote:I can't believe no one has said Rush 2049 yet. Nothing beats battle mode with 4 players. That and all the cheats make it the perfect multiplayer game.
Rush is supposed to be like uber rare, and given the lack luster performance the franchise has had as a serious racing platform, it's no wonder you're the only "Rush 2049er" here ;)

If it's any consolation, I think it's a swell game too :P
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:29 pm

Yep I bought Rush 2049 on release date and my friend got a DC cause of this one game (he played it at my house and loved it) and got this game with his system. I think I did see one copy new at my EB but you know they dont leave the games sealed so it wouldn't be any good to buy another copy for collection purposes. :x
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:44 pm

I take back my comment about Soul Calibur, it's not giving me much joy at the moment. There is a big scratch in my disc and I don't know what has caused it; the DC doesn't like the game so I'm going to get a used copy of it cheap.

Yes, I like the game that much..
kaze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by kaze » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:19 pm

i love nesterdc, good way to get all my carts without all the switching.

i still play soul calibur a bit

dance dance revolution
yukyu gensokyoku 3
sakura taisen series
jet set radio

and always street fighter 3 third strike and snk vs capcom 2
Current Music:
Himekami - Exceeding Love
Little Viking - Future
Nas - God's Son Adam Freeland - Fear
Ibana - Shell / Half Pain
Pinoy2201
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy
DCEmu's Selfboot Guy

Post by Pinoy2201 » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:27 pm

i get great fun with:

Capcom vs Snk 1 & 2
Tekken 3 (bleem)
Sonic Adventure 1 & 2
NBA 2k2
House of The Dead w/ Gun
Sultan of Saturn

Post by Sultan of Saturn » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:46 pm

The 2 games that always keep me comming back for more because of their "hook" is PSO and Capcom vs. SNK. With PSO, I have played the game for over 60 hours and I am not even at level 30 much less have I beaten the game. I have gotten to the end of the ruins where you can proceed for the big fight(s) and finished all of the guild quests, but there are still a lot of weapons that I am not able to use yet because of my level. As for Capcom vs. SNK, I keep amassing points to buy costumes, unlock levels, etc., but my thumb can only take so much torture. I really want to also unlock the extra players, especially Morrigan. She kicked a lot of booty in Night Warriors and Vampire Savior on my Saturn. Not to mention that Soul Calibur and Dead or Alive 2 are absolutely classic.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
JDCreationz
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by JDCreationz » Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:58 pm

:o why hasn't ANYBODY mensiond either Tokyo Xtreme Racer2
OR HeadHunter for the Dreamcast, those are 2 AMAZING games
and also 2 of my ALL time favorites.

Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 is the best Racing game in the world IMO :roll:
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:33 pm

Right now I'm enjoying Tony Hawk 1, mainly becuase it was free and no it's not warez let me explain, I recently got some old DC games for ?2.99 each from Game these were Virtua Fighter 3, Charge & Blast and Tech Romancer (mainly so I dont have to emulate it). I was quite surprised when I got home to find someone had left a second hand copy of Tony Hawk in the back of the Tech Romancer box, what it was doing there I have no idea and no intention of complaining either.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Turles33
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Turles33 » Sat Jun 29, 2002 5:53 am

- Shenmue -
The 70 man battle in Shenmue is fun, but it gets old after a while.
- Nester DC -
I love playing all the Ninja Guidens :D
- Sonic Adventure -
I can't get enough of it:)
- Consoles I own -
NES
SNES
N64
GameCube
GameBoy
GameBoy Color
GameBoy Advance
Sega Genises[w/ SegaCD]
Sega DreamCast
Sega GameGear
PSX
PS2
X-Box
::--::--::--::--::--::--::--::--::
SpiderW
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SpiderW » Sat Jun 29, 2002 6:46 pm

Well I pretty much continualy cycle through my games all the time, exept Trickstyle and Vigilante 8 2nd offence, as when these are complete, theres just no real point :P

But my VERY favorite is Powerstone 2, that game would have to be my favorite game ever created, and I reckon I have played it for thousands of hours.... Though I still can't get the bloody angel wings, thats cause 1 player mode is shit, but the 4 player team (3 on 1 - no one beats me!) or all in brawl are just insanley supurb.

Soulcalibour is nice to come back to, and have another rip at your opponents, Shenmue is awesome, exept its too bloody hard to get every item and it begins to stress you out after a while, so I don't play it as often. PSO... I don't have my DC online but I still love to give this game a whirl every now and then!
DOA2, whenever I have a few mates around they like to play it, but I do not really like this one too much, its a nice game, but just doesn't have the edge a fighting game needs.... Though the graphics are nice, and the tits are big.
And I love Dreamsnes for games like Streetfighter, Gundam wing, Ninja turtles, Mortal Kombat, Killer instinct, and all those other fighting games, but the Dreamsnes is also not too bad for playing the odd RPG, but they are all a bit easy and not to intense.
I also use DivX a fair bit to listen to MP3's, but thats just me.
Well most of my games are multiplayer, so I just wak em out when I got mates over and we are bored, jump from game to game, you know, its all good.
Crack a window will ya!
gloomy andy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by gloomy andy » Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:40 am

catfishman wrote:My choices are (not including the "Must Have" games already mentioned) are (at the moment) : NHL 2K2, Fur Fighters (yes, really), Unreal Tournament/Quake III Arena (it's a tie between the two) and strangely enough, Warlord - the little homebrew game based on the old Atari coin-op and console game, Warlords

OK Where can i find this homebrew?!?!?!?!?!? I tried lookin around the main dcemulation site but alas i couldnt find it

Anyone got a direct link?!

Thanks for any help in finding this
EVIL RATS ON NO STAR LIVE
supersega
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by supersega » Tue Jul 02, 2002 4:32 pm

Marvel VS Capcom 2
Dead or Alive 2
Soul Calibur

...because these games have just about no loading time, and are arcade perfect.

San Francisco Rush 2049 also doesn't have any loading time, so it keeps your adrenalen pumpin' throught the game. Still trying to find all of the coins though...

Also, Virtual ON has some of the coolest grafics and game play around. It takes a while to get used to the DC controls, but after that, you can't stop playing it.
( ABACABB )