First Memories With DC

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
radgegames
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

First Memories With DC

Post by radgegames »

Was just thinking (ha) of my first experience with a Dreamcast as a kid and figured this is the perfect place to share it. I was at my cousin's house one weekend and if I remember correctly it was my older cousins birthday(I had two that lived there) because his older friend was there for a sleepover. My older cousin at the time was Incredibly excited for the DC and this was just when they had started renting them from video stores with Sonic Adventure, so my aunt went out and rented it for us all. Just as a side note to the story(It gets more interesting I promise) I'd like to note that to this day no other machine I've interacted with has ever caused so much wonder, gratitude, and general emotional feedback as the first time I saw the DC splash screen.

Anyway, the night continued on into the late hours as we were all amazed at our truly first 3d interactive experience. All was well for a while but if you have ever been a young man in a group of other young men playing a video game console in the 90's with only one controller, you can probably guess where this is going.

As time went on we started arguing over whose turn it was and things got pretty playfully heated between my older cousin at his friend. They start wrestling around for the controller and all of a sudden I see my cousin's friend go busting through the window out into the night.

Laughter quickly turned into silence as we heard my aunt's footsteps grow louder in the hallway.
Just thought I'd share my experience and if you guys remember how yours went I'd love to hear it!