Skies of Arcadia Question

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Skies of Arcadia Question

Post by tekkaman1 »

Hello,

I've been playing Skies of Arcadia again. I have a question about the downloads that were on SOA website back then. I got them again with VMU tool. I remember they get merged with regular SOA save and then you get 3 extras. But I forgot how is the process done. I remember that the game would detect if you have those files and ask you to merge but so far it didn't ask me yet. Is it at a specific point in the game ?
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: Skies of Arcadia Question

Post by cube_b3 »

I remember playing Pinta Quest but I did not really take Skies online.

What have you downloaded anyway?
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

Here's the list:

DOWNLOAD 1
This download adds a ship battle with a Giant Looper in the North Ocean. Look for it at coordinates (3,3), North of the discover "Looper's Nest". You'll receive a Captain's Stripe for winning the battle.

DOWNLOAD 2
This download adds an island high in the sky above the Dark Rift called Hamachou Island. You'll find another Cham here as well as an old man who will rate your playing ability in terms of battles fought, enemies killed, running away rate, amount of treasure found, and amount of fish caught.

DOWNLOAD 3
This download will add two new weapons to the Mystery Merchant's Inventory in Maramba, they are:

Weapon At Hi Who
Tuna Cutlass 150 0 Vyse
Swirlmerang 100 200 Aika Always confuse enemy

Note that even though the Tuna Cutlass has 0 hit, it can still be an effective weapon if you buy it early enough and use it in tandem with powerful S-moves.
tekkaman1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by tekkaman1 »

Never mind. I found what the problem was. The files I had didn't had the correct name. They were probably meant for another region. I tried another ones from VMU tool and it worked fine this time. In case anyone else have this question again. Basically the game detects the files when you're loading a saved game and asks if you want to apply it and that's it.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Good Job.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Hm... I'll have to show this to my fiancé. Our Wii and PS3 are both broken right now (long story. Short version: clean your system vents often if you have pets), so we've been spending a lot of time with the Dreamcast.

She picked up Skies of Arcadia about a week ago, and is maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of the way through it. It's kind of nice to watch her play, because I never got anywhere in that game. I didn't have the patience for the random encounters, and stopped after the first dungeon.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

That's a shame fiddler.

Cause it has a beautiful narrative.
TheRedFox
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TheRedFox »

I also really liked SoA. just recently finished it. I started it like 3 years ago, then stopped for some reason around the dungeon in Ixa'Taka, then finished playing it this summer. It didn't take long for me to get super into it after I picked it up again. Hard to remember how I felt at first though, but I'm pretty sure that the only part where I got stuck was in that Dungeon in Ixa'Taka, and I don't remember why.
Wyrd bi∂ ful aræd
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

I will probably pick the game up for Gamecube someday.

Have to see what all the extra content in Legends is all about.