LOST Discussion Thread

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

LOST Discussion Thread

Post by Specially Cork »

The final season of the most awesome TV show every created is beginning TONIGHT. This is the thread for super spoiler-riddled discussion and predictions. Here is a recap of the past 5 seasons:

Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: LOST Discussion Thread

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

I've always expected better from you, Boney...
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I've always expected better from you, Boney...
souLLy likes it too. That's enough for me.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

BEST SERIES EVER YOU'RE ALL NIGGERS
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

so, has the episode leaking made any of you die hards watch it despite the shit quality?
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Code-Red wrote:
I watch anime. One of my favourite ever TV shows is the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I have no idea what you're all expecting of me but you're waaaay off.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

BoneyCork wrote:I watch anime. One of my favourite ever TV shows is the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
I liked that show quiet a bit. Still think Kanon was by far way better.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I've never, ever watched an episode of Lost, but my co-workers have been bugging me to watch it, so I decided I might as well start by watching this season premiere. It wasn't very interesting. It was about some Water Temple trainers protecting themselves from some smokie Dark Pokemon that seems to be not very effective against Rock types, hence why it can't go up against the sand they pour around themselves. Meanwhile in an alternate dream world, they show people having a pleasant flight out of Australia, which is about the point where I turned it off since it's too ridiculous to imagine that people actually leave Australia.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Lost isn't the kind of show you can jump into six seasons in, but even as a very casual viewer you must be able to see how sexy Sawyer is
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

It's a single story spread across 6 seasons. Jumping in right at the end isn't going to be very enjoyable.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

I never caught it from the beginning and I figured it was one of those shows that was better to do it in one fail swoop; however, I kinda wanted to wait for this one to be over before I got into it because I'm tired of shows hurting me with their weekly schedules :'(
DYTDMFBSB?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

BoneyCork wrote:It's a single story spread across 6 seasons. Jumping in right at the end isn't going to be very enjoyable.
Is that really how it goes? I was under the impression that they kept pushing shit regardless of where that led to, letting the loose ends to be tied at the series finale, but then I only fully watched the first season.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Juan wrote:
BoneyCork wrote:It's a single story spread across 6 seasons. Jumping in right at the end isn't going to be very enjoyable.
Is that really how it goes? I was under the impression that they kept pushing shit regardless of where that led to, letting the loose ends to be tied at the series finale, but then I only fully watched the first season.
Before they agreed with abc to end it at Season 6 it became pretty obvious that they were producing a lot of filler crap - which is the reason why I dislike most other US super-shows. Once they agreed the endpoint though things changed quite dramatically. It has become a very complicated mess in the process, but there is still a single narrative there - each season carries on directly from the last. Compare this with say, Heroes, which no longer has a purpose at all, because they're writing a story with no end.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I watched the first season back in 2008, but stopped midway through the second because I completely burnt myself out on it watching episodes back-to-back-to-back for hours. I really did enjoy it though. Now I figured since the last season is starting back up again, I should catch up while I can and before the spoilers blow up and everyone reveals that it's just Hurley seeing dead people. I started from the beginning of season 2 on hulu and I'm a few episodes away from finishing season 2. God damn this show fucks with your brain so hardcore.

And BoneyCork, I'm with you there--I hate shows that are written without an end in mind. It's one of the many reasons why I absolutely love the mini-series format. It's more in-depth and longer than a movie, but still written with an exact storyline and definite structure.
It's thinking...
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

|darc| wrote:I watched the first season back in 2008, but stopped midway through the second because I completely burnt myself out on it watching episodes back-to-back-to-back for hours. I really did enjoy it though. Now I figured since the last season is starting back up again, I should catch up while I can and before the spoilers blow up and everyone reveals that it's just Hurley seeing dead people. I started from the beginning of season 2 on hulu and I'm a few episodes away from finishing season 2. God damn this show fucks with your brain so hardcore.
Persevere past season 3 which is still good, but probably the weakest of the bunch, things get a lot better and more fast paced after that.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Well, I watched the hour long 'refresher' episode, so at least I'm not leaping into it blind. But there's no way I would ever go back and watch the first 5 seasons. I tried that with Heroes and The Office, and I burnt out so quick that I can't even watch the new seasons of either of those shows now. I'm better just starting along with everyone else so I can actually follow along with conversations at work.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

I do very well watching a lot of seasons in a row. I dunno its just how I like getting into shows. I watched all of trailer park boys in about 2-3weeks, mad men se 1-3 in about 1-2weeks, the office up to somewhere in se6 in again, 1-2 weeks, etc.... If a show is /really/ good I just watch the shit out of it.
DYTDMFBSB?
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I can watch entire seasons pretty quickly, if I can't, it just means I don't like it. In many ways, I find the one-per-week-for-half-a-fucking-year method of watching TV shows incredibly annoying.