Free Webmail Interface

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Free Webmail Interface

Post by ccb_v2 »

Looking for a web mail system like Squirrelmail but more like Roundcube's interface. My host is 1and1, and it seems Roundcube won't work due to PHP configuration. Anyone have any insite?

Thanks,
ccb_v2
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Free Webmail Interface

Post by BlackAura »

Any idea why Roundcube doesn't work? As far as I can see, it should work just fine. There might be some tweaks you can make to get it to work.

Atmail is OK. The free versions is decent enough, with a comparable feature set to Roundcube. My ISP uses the older Perl-based commercial version, which seems to be pretty similar UI-wise to the current free version. It's OK, although I personally like Roundcube more.

AfterLogic is another commercial webmail client with a free version. Also buiCentrax Mail Center. I've never used either of them, so I can't really recommend them beyond saying "they exist".

Xuheki looks to be similar to Roundcube as well, but appears to use Perl instead of PHP. I don't know if your web host will run that.

Horde apparently added a new UI recently. I can't remember off hand whether it's in PHP or Perl though.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

With 1and1, you need to adjust your .htaccess files to use PHP5. Now, I don't know if they have 5.21.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Oh yeah... all of those that I mentioned above require PHP 5. I think some of them require 5.1 rather than 5.2, but all of them require PHP 5.
ccb_v2
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by ccb_v2 »

Cool, thanks for the info guys.
phpinfo wrote:PHP Version 4.4.9
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

curt_grymala wrote:Move your e-mail to Google Apps? http://www.htmlcenter.com/blog/setting- ... ur-domain/
Also a great idea. I've established two email domains through Google and they are working great.