Mortal Kombat 3

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Mortal Kombat 3

Post by cube_b3 »

I have been hearing about the 3rd movie based on the successful video game series, but the damn movie never happens, I am seriously confused.

While trying to dig up the information I found an interview by the director of the 3rd MK Moive. He is babbling about the movie having budget issues cause he is trying to make an inde film with a budger between 50 - 60 million, can inde movies have such a budget?

http://www.moviehole.net/200815271-film ... tal-kombat

Then I read information about how the film began filming in 2005 but the hurricaine ruined everything, so the film went back to the scripting stage is that even possible? I personally think their will be another Mortal Kombat: Movie but the cast will be entirely new and this director will never be involved.

In the end of the above link he discusses working on a movie called 13 chambers, while MK works itself out and some how that movie doesn't even exist.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Mortal Kombat 3

Post by Skynet »

If it happens it will suck. And if it doesn't suck, that's only because it has Christopher Lambert in it. According to imdb, he's rumoured to be in it and it's in pre-production and set for 2010
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

The movie's status has changed yearly, so don't buy it.

Initially it was suppose to retcon MK2 and be the actual successor to the orignal.

Then they went with a reboot.

Then they went with a spin-off based on Sub-Zero and now again they are talking about the reboot, why would you want the same cast in a reboot?

Can an Independent movie even sport a budget of 50 Million?
I don't think that this director is capable of anything, he hasn't released anything since 2005, I think he is wasting his time with Mortal Kombat, but I am sure he knows that already.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

they did shoot some mortal kombat 3 stuff after hurricane katrina somewhere over seas. I was to be working on the crew but the project was canned. I met the production designer for a short bit. the plan was to build a $200 million set for mk3 here in new orleans next to the convention center, it was to turn into a universal studios type thing after the movie was shot. but shit happened and that was done with. nd yes indie movies can be made for over 60+ million. technically most movies are indie films. except if fully owned by the studio. the studios just distribute some films. But MK i'm not so sure if it could qualify as indie now. Warner bros owns MK since they bought most of the midway games studios. I'm sure It will be new line still doing the production. Although I think warner is supposed to shut down the newline cinema brand. the movies been in production hell for a long time.

He prob does own film rights to it, but since the midway deal, i'm betting warner bros will pretty take control and not allow the movie to be made, and sit it out til the guys time runs out on the right to make a movie for mk3, or they will just settle something with the guy.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Can an Independent movie even sport a budget of 50 Million?
The only thing independent really means is separate from the major studios. If Bill Gates fronted a billion dollars for his dream film, that'd be independent.

That said, from what I've read, it sounds like MK3 is never going to get out of development hell. Don't expect anything.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
gamedudex2
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by gamedudex2 »

if anything the producer will work out something with warner bros since they own the mk game now, or warner will just now allow the guy to do much really, and he wouldn't stand a chance to try and sue warner most likely. so once his time he has the movie rights expires warner will just either sit on it or make a 3rd movie. But to be honest don't expect much, unless they make a solid mk game that gets high sale numbers. best bet is a straight to dvd mk film.