And that's the end of that chapter

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

And that's the end of that chapter

Post by Roofus »

Well, that's it.; it's over. Circuit City's gone and I'm out of a job.

I did get to go out on a bit of a high note though. Two good stories:

First, we were all standing around what used to be the camera department, not doing much because there wasn't much to do. A few of us were talking when I got the idea to call the Salinas store to ask them if they were closing, what they had left, etc. In other words, just bother them. I had my Bluetooth in and my phone out. The browser was open, I had the Salinas number up on the screen and I was ready to dial it when I hear an associate say "We can't check other stores anymore." Then I hear some guy yelling and getting abusive. I ask somebody what the customer was so upset about and they said he wanted us to check for stuff in the Seaside store. In a flash of inspiration, I say "Sir? Sir! You wanted us to check Seaside? I have them on the phone here. What did you want?" Note that I did not have anyone on the phone and in fact, my headset was off.

He thanks me and asks if they have any "stuff" left. I ask him to be more specific and he says "I don't know...laptops, maybe some computers." I pass on the query and report that Seaside does, in fact have an HP DV420 left for $549. He gets excited, but laments that he'd never make it in time. I "ask" how many they have left, and it turns out they have three! Then he asks about TVs. I ask my counterpart in Seaside and they have a couple left. He thanks me profusely and bolts out the door, to cross county lines for no reason. In retrospect, I feel a little bad fooling that guy so easily.

Another good one. I answered the phone (after the store closed forever) and the guy wants to know if we have any TVs left. I told him we have a couple and he asks which ones. I pretend to check the computer: We have a Panasonic 50" and a Panasonic 42". I agree to hold the 42" and he promises to come down to pick it up in 20 minutes. Quitting time comes, I say my goodbyes and leave. Then on my way home, I get a call from one of the associates. He tells me that the guy showed up, entered through the employee entrance and asked for his TV. The manager told him that he had no idea what he was talking about or who he talked to, but the store is closed and he should leave as we clearly have no TVs.

So yeah those were the high points of a very shitty day.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: And that's the end of that chapter

Post by melancholy »

Oh, Roofie, you never cease to entertain.

So, what plans do you have now?
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

melancholy wrote:Oh, Roofie, you never cease to entertain.

So, what plans do you have now?
I heard a rumor that the Staples in town is hiring for basically my same position. I guess I'll try there.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Sorry to hear that man. Your sure were an ass to those people on your last day though, but I remember what it's like to work in retail so it must have felt good :P

I'm getting laid of too at the end of the month man. I know your frustrations as it came as somewhat of a surprise for Circuit City from what I understand. Good luck.
jaredfogle
DCEmu Turkey Baster
DCEmu Turkey Baster

Post by jaredfogle »

Hahaha.

Nice.
Where's toastman? I'm bored.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

That's just mean.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Are you in school Roofus?
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Code-Red wrote:Are you in school Roofus?
Roofus doesn't need school! He's from the school of hard knocks!
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

Roofus is kick ass. Did you at least come up on a freebie before leaving?