At&t or Cavalier

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

At&t or Cavalier

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Ok, here is the problem. I been with SBC since 2003 and when the merge went with at&t that is when my bill saw a huge jump in price. This month was the last straw, My bill is now $150 a month and with all my other bills I can't pay for this setup anymore. Last week I saw a commercial on Cavalier's C2 bundle which has phone and DSL for $50, That is something I can really do since my hours been cut and trying to keep the utilities I want.

I know there is comcast but......My friends around here had nothing but problems with comcast so I rather try something else. If you were in my shoes would you switch to cavalier or stay with at&t, suggestions would be a big help.
Have you played dreamcast today?
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: At&t or Cavalier

Post by emptythought »

What bills? Lies! You? No way!

Just kidding.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

fackue wrote:What bills? Lies! You? No way!

Just kidding.
LOL, Thanks, I did need a little humor. It's rough paying for almost everything in your home when you're the only one with a job....My cousin just lost his job at This Heating and Cooling company because they had to "Cut back Employees". However he is trying to get unemployment so that'll help a little. So this is why I need a cheaper alternative.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I've kinda ended up in the same situation myself. I want a cell phone and internet. We currently have AT&T DSL and home phone service. Well, to get DSL, we must have an active line. We can have the phone turned off, but we have to pay $22 for an active line. The phone bill is $28, so obviously that would be useless as I would only save $6. Comcast is offering cable internet for $33 for the first year. That would be a much cheaper alternative, except that after the year is up, it jumps to $45, which is exactly how much it would cost for DSL without a home phone. Not to mention that I hear way, way, way more complaints about Comcast than I ever do about AT&T around here.

But that's another story entirely. I suppose my main question for you is, why is your AT&T phone bill so high? $150 is quite high, so I would assume you'd have to have more than just DSL and phone service, unless you just make a ton of long distance calls with no long distance plan. I can't really help you make a decision without two phone plans to compare.
Dreamcast4life
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Dreamcast4life »

Here is the plan I have.
Phone plans and services - $39.82
At and t DSL pro - $30 -used to be $25
Long distance 100 minutes - $12.88
$82.75 total

I can only pay them $80 a month IF that now because my job cut hours down
and barely surviving. I may swallow my pride, Get a cell phone and buy minutes and get comcast internet for my net usuage. I heard bad things about cavalier and no one I know uses it so I am may just get a virgin mobil phone from wal mart and phone cards then comcast. That is pretty much my only option.

However before I do that, I'll try At&t's Life line service, maybe I'll qualify for that.....we'll see.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Interesting. I have the exact same plan as you, but my last bill was around $65. Let me go get my bill...

...okay, so the phone is $20, long distance is $12, and DSL is $30. Add all the taxes and stuff, and my bill is exactly like yours, only with half on the home phone. My phone doesn't have any Caller ID or any of those features, though, so if you needed to save some money, just get rid of all the extra calling features. You'd cut $20 on that alone. You could also consider going slower speeds on your internet, but that would only save you $5.

Anyway, I'd investigate more with AT&T. Plus you never mentioned if the Cavalier phone deal offered any long distance minutes. If it doesn't, then you might end up paying extra to get them and not saving any money in the end.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I wish my phone/TV/Internet was only $150/month. My Internet alone costs more than half that (around $90). I can't get cable or DSL out here. I have to use satellite service.

Don't you have Verizon in your area? I think they've got pretty decent deals on DSL/phone together.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User

Post by Calavera »

Isn't Cobalt the new Cavalier?