The Dark Knight (possible spoilers ahead)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: The Dark Knight (possible spoilers ahead)

Post by impetus »

melancholy wrote:I was also bothered by how short the whole Two-Face thing was. They spend 2/3 of the movie building up Harvey Dent's character, then gave Two-Face a couple of scenes, then killed him off.
The conspiracy theorists of teh innerwebz are saying the last scene is ambiguous enough that he might still be alive.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

melancholy wrote:My wife, on the other hand, hated it and nearly walked out of the movie. As she put it, "it's the worst piece of trash I've ever had to sit through." She thought Batman Begins was decent, so I don't know what her problem with this movie was.
That's a strange reaction given everyone I've talked to. Too dark maybe?

- Fuzmeister
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Stormwatch »

Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Stormwatch wrote:Image
Yeah, I saw this and thought it was a little based on hype. It's wayy to soon to crown this film the best of all time.

- Fuzmeister
gRiMgRaVy014
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by gRiMgRaVy014 »

I saw The Dark Night a few days after it opened. Going with no background on any Batman type stuff, I still managed to have a good time, I thought the movie was really well done and I particularly enjoyed Heath Ledger as the joker, he played the part really well in my opinion.
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

I saw it last night and loved it. Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker, the movie is everything everyone is saying it is.

One thing I found funny though was how when Bruce Wayne is in his batman costume, there was a scene where he is speaking to Lucious Fox, but in his raspy voice. Lucious Fox already knows that Batman is Bruce Wayne, why would he bother trying to mask his voice if he is talking to someone who already knows his identity.

Anyways, that's not really important. I loved how well Heath Ledger did the Joker, and I'm pretty sad (like everyone else) that we won't get to see him again in a sequel.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I just hated that voice he put on when in the batman costume. Sounded stupid and annoyed me.

Other than that, awesome movie!
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

Skynet wrote:I just hated that voice he put on when in the batman costume. Sounded stupid and annoyed me.

Other than that, awesome movie!
Haven't seen Dark Knight yet, but that was my only complaint about Batman Begins. He tries too hard.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

gRiMgRaVy014 wrote:I saw The Dark Night a few days after it opened. Going with no background on any Batman type stuff, I still managed to have a good time, I thought the movie was really well done and I particularly enjoyed Heath Ledger as the joker, he played the part really well in my opinion.
Well that's the great thing about the new Batman franchise. You really don't need to know the whole Batman backstory, since it only just started with Batman Begins in 2005.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah, I saw this and thought it was a little based on hype. It's wayy to soon to crown this film the best of all time.
Just remember that that isn't really what the IMDB top #250 represents. It's more like the movies that people consistently like the most. The Dark Knight won't stay at #1, though I expect it will stay in the top 250.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Hasney wrote:
Lartrak wrote:
Just remember that that isn't really what the IMDB top #250 represents. It's more like the movies that people consistently like the most. The Dark Knight won't stay at #1, though I expect it will stay in the top 250.
I check it quite often though, and I've never seen a new film break the top 5. It's easily going to stay in the top 10 and after seeing it for my 6th time, I can see why :D
There have been one or two others, I think. Didn't one of the LOTR movies briefly make it to #1?
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I could have sworn Revenge of the Sith was up there, but I'm wollingnto admit if I'm wrong.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

ace wrote:I could have sworn Revenge of the Sith was up there, but I'm wollingnto admit if I'm wrong.
LOLZ - Hype!!1

- Fuzmeister
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I just saw it, and to be completely honest, I didn't enjoy it. Heath Ledger did a great job as joker, and as usual the story was dark, but there was FAR too much of it. Far too many twists and turns, too many things going on at once, etcetera. It's almost like I couldn't follow it, but at the same time I was. I understood what was happening, but I just didn't "get it". It didn't feel right. Too much fluff and not enough of the good stuff.

I'm sure I'm one of the very few who probably has this opinion, and I was really looking forward to this movie kicking my ass, but....I'm not impressed.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

The movie went on too long. The joker wasn't in it enough. Two-Face "died" with the same fall batman did 20seconds later.

but I liked it. Just wasn't what I hoped for.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead