A new theme?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

A new theme?

Post by Nico0020 »

I've always wanted to see a more Dreamcast related board theme here. Nothing too fancy, but I never did care too much for the way the board looks. I love our logo on subsilver/prosilver, but the rest of the board is bleh. As my art skills are limited as far as creating such a thing, I'm curious; With all the talented people here is anyone else out there would be willing to try and create something? (Yea i realize this should probably go in Art, but traffic there is wayy slow.)
*The Cadillac of signatures*
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Re: A new theme?

Post by |darc| »

The funny thing is that the original reason why I became admin here was to make a Dreamcast custom theme for this board.
But we were on phpBB2 then, and right after I became admin they announced phpBB3, so I thought "well, I'll wait until phpBB3 to make a theme." After years of delay, it never came out until last year, and even then it was in RC so I couldn't make one because of potential incompatibilities. The upgrade earlier today finally enables me to do that, but I don't know if I will bother. I've got so much more on my hands now. I probably will, but it will most likely be a color scheme change to subsilver2 and some changes at the header of the theme to look more like the site design we're trying to target. fackue's doing a good job working on getting that theme working with the wiki.
It's thinking...
Mark30001
Mark30001
Mark30001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: A new theme?

Post by Mark30001 »

Ugghh, good luck man. It can be a real bitch at times (not as easy as when I was making themes in phpBB2 before I upgraded my forums). Lemme know if you need any help on it though.