Paypal question..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paypal question..

Post by Mattiethomas »

Alright, well I just got paypal and have a question regarding it. I noticed how you can "recieve money" from your bank account and turn it into paypal money to use. But is there any way to have it taken straight out of your checking account without needing to use paypal money at all? Just kind of bypass that part?

Simple question. Hopefully someone knows?
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: Paypal question..

Post by DuffMan »

If your going to use Paypal to buy something off of eBay, it will first check you Paypal account first for sufficient funds. If the account does not have enough cash, then it will draw whatever is needed from your Checking/Savings/Credit Card, without penalty. If you just want to transfer funds from one person to another, you can still draw money directly from your selected account, but Paypal will charge a fee to the receiver. If your going to use Paypal in any form to receive money, they will charge you a percentage of what is being deposited. All the cash is the same, whether you take it from your checking account or receive from a transaction. Why would you want to bypass it anyways? Just use your debit card if want to skip paypal. If you are going to use Paypal to transfer money, then yes, it will be taken from your account, put into paypal then transfered, no skipping if your using Paypal.

Paypal is tricky and sometimes unruly. But damnit, its the best way to do things over the net IMO.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Mattiethomas
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mattiethomas »

DuffMan wrote:If your going to use Paypal to buy something off of eBay, it will first check you Paypal account first for sufficient funds. If the account does not have enough cash, then it will draw whatever is needed from your Checking/Savings/Credit Card, without penalty. If you just want to transfer funds from one person to another, you can still draw money directly from your selected account, but Paypal will charge a fee to the receiver. If your going to use Paypal in any form to receive money, they will charge you a percentage of what is being deposited. All the cash is the same, whether you take it from your checking account or receive from a transaction. Why would you want to bypass it anyways? Just use your debit card if want to skip paypal. If you are going to use Paypal to transfer money, then yes, it will be taken from your account, put into paypal then transfered, no skipping if your using Paypal.

Paypal is tricky and sometimes unruly. But damnit, its the best way to do things over the net IMO.
Alright, so if I don't have any money in PayPal, it will just take it from my checking account and thats that? No fee's for that right?

And by this, I'm not talking only on eBay, but any site that takes Paypal in general.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Yes, I believe thats right. Paypal won't charge you for taking cash out of your own account, but they will charge a small fee the the receiver.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

DuffMan wrote:Yes, I believe thats right. Paypal won't charge you for taking cash out of your own account, but they will charge a small fee the the receiver.
The receiver has a small fee taken out regardless if you had money in your account or transfered over.