My girlfriend broke up with me last night, i'm angry, etc

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My girlfriend broke up with me last night, i'm angry, etc

Post by Lunchbox »

small backstory here: I've been seeing this girl for a few months now, and it was going great. We liked all the same things, we had awesome discussions, I took her to all my favourite spots and we always had a great time. We talked almost every day, and when we didn't we stayed in touch with phone texts. I found myself really falling for this girl.

Fast forward to last tuesday. She wants to see the movie 21, and she knows I already saw it. I give in and go see it with her, because in the end I didn't care which movie I saw really, I just wanted to be with her. 35 bucks later (tickets and snacks are damn expensive, stupid cineplex) we're in the theatre having a grand old time like we usually do, and we watch the whole movie with my around her. After the movie I take her to the park near my house and we just sit on the swings and talk about stuff like we usually do. Eventually we start making out, this is where things go south.

After about 5 minutes she pulls away abruptly (she's never done that before) and says "I have to go now, I need to wake up early for work tomorrow". Its about 10:30 PM right about now. So I try to be the caring guy, ok sure no problem we'll go. We walk to the car and I kiss her goodnight. Fine.

That was the last time I saw and talked to her. Since then she hadn't returned any of my messages or calls, and I didn't see her online on msn either. I'm feeling pretty down about 5 days later because I'm sure she's ignoring me.

Last night I talk to my buddy about it and he suggests I give him her msn address and he'll check if she's on with a block checker. So i give it to him...."She's online dude, she blocked you." WTF. I didn't know what to think at all. I was just so angry.

So I send her one last text message to her phone last night saying "I know you don't want to talk to me anymore for some reason... can you at least tell me why?" She writes back, "You're a really nice guy but its just not going to work. I should have told you sooner im sorry".

So at this point im ready to break something. Things were going so incredibly well then BAM im cut off, just like that. I'm not sad, or disappointed, but angry. I try to think about what I could have done to make her do this but I can't think of anything. I am not exaggerating when I say I treated this girl like gold. I paid for everything, was always there when she wanted to talk, always treated her with respect, never forced myself on her or made her feel uncomfortable, always went out of my way just to make her feel good, and she does this to me during exam week no less.

I just don't know what to think anymore. Part of me thinks she's with another guy, which would explain the abruptness of it all... I don't know. I just needed to vent. thanks for listening
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Re: My girlfriend broke up with me last night, i'm angry, etc

Post by ace »

Lunchbox wrote:Fast forward to last tuesday. She wants to see the movie 21, and she knows I already saw it. I give in and go see it with her, because in the end I didn't care which movie I saw really, I just wanted to be with her. 35 bucks later (tickets and snacks are damn expensive, stupid cineplex) we're in the theatre having a grand old time like we usually do, and we watch the whole movie with my around her. After the movie I take her to the park near my house and we just sit on the swings and talk about stuff like we usually do. Eventually we start making out, this is where things go south.

Sounds like things were already "going south" at that point.

In all seriousness though, I know how you feel, and I already know what the problem is.
Lunchbox wrote:So at this point im ready to break something. Things were going so incredibly well then BAM im cut off, just like that. I'm not sad, or disappointed, but angry. I try to think about what I could have done to make her do this but I can't think of anything. I am not exaggerating when I say I treated this girl like gold. I paid for everything, was always there when she wanted to talk, always treated her with respect, never forced myself on her or made her feel uncomfortable, always went out of my way just to make her feel good, and she does this to me during exam week no less.

I just don't know what to think anymore. Part of me thinks she's with another guy, which would explain the abruptness of it all... I don't know. I just needed to vent. thanks for listening
You treated her like gold. You should have treated her like a girl. If you're always going out of your way for her, paying for everything, etc, it seems like you ever so lucky to have found her. I hate to make this sound like a cheesy dating column, but in my experience most girls like a bit of a challenge, and by being "that guy" you are no longer interesting.

You're probably right about there being another guy (or girl). It does sound too abrupt for there not to be.

Sorry Lunch, I've been through the same sort of thing, so I can imagine how you feel. My advice is to just completely forget about her. Delete her from MSN, Facebook (add me!), your cell phone, et al. Seriously. Delete the photos of you two. Don't listen to music that reminds you of her. Try to forget her entirely.

Trust me, if I could have done everything over again with my situation (other than doing everything completely differently from the beginning) would have been to just cut of complete contact. It's the only way to move on.

I've sent you a PM with my cell number if you want to get together and grab a drink or something.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

ace wrote:
Lunchbox wrote:Fast forward to last tuesday. She wants to see the movie 21, and she knows I already saw it. I give in and go see it with her, because in the end I didn't care which movie I saw really, I just wanted to be with her. 35 bucks later (tickets and snacks are damn expensive, stupid cineplex) we're in the theatre having a grand old time like we usually do, and we watch the whole movie with my around her. After the movie I take her to the park near my house and we just sit on the swings and talk about stuff like we usually do. Eventually we start making out, this is where things go south.

Sounds like things were already "going south" at that point.

In all seriousness though, I know how you feel, and I already know what the problem is.
Lunchbox wrote:So at this point im ready to break something. Things were going so incredibly well then BAM im cut off, just like that. I'm not sad, or disappointed, but angry. I try to think about what I could have done to make her do this but I can't think of anything. I am not exaggerating when I say I treated this girl like gold. I paid for everything, was always there when she wanted to talk, always treated her with respect, never forced myself on her or made her feel uncomfortable, always went out of my way just to make her feel good, and she does this to me during exam week no less.

You treated her like gold. You should have treated her like a girl. If you're always going out of your way for her, paying for everything, etc, it seems like you ever so lucky to have found her. I hate to make this sound like a cheesy dating column, but in my experience most girls like a bit of a challenge, and by being "that guy" you are no longer interesting.
Yeah man, I've been in exactly the same situation a long time ago. Although it's kindof petty and stupid, women don't respond well to fawning/pining and having their boyrfriend completely whipped. Some girls get off to that, but most will just end up getting tired of the situation. Ace offers a lot of good advice-- don't cling to any sort of hope left-- it's not going to go from bad to good, if she comes back it will go to bad to better, to worse than before. I heard the same things when it happened to me, but I didn't take the advice, and I stayed in and out of a disgusting relationship for nearly 3 years. Disaster. Find somebody else quickly just to get distracted and over this person-- and get rid of everything that makes you think of her.

Good luck!
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

ace wrote:You treated her like gold. You should have treated her like a girl. (...) I hate to make this sound like a cheesy dating column, but in my experience most girls like a bit of a challenge, and by being "that guy" you are no longer interesting.
Truth.
ace wrote:My advice is to just completely forget about her. Delete her from MSN, Facebook (add me!), your cell phone, et al. Seriously. Delete the photos of you two. Don't listen to music that reminds you of her. Try to forget her entirely.
If she hadn't cut all communication already I'd disagree, but... yeah. Ace is right.

When you treat a girl as if she's everything, you become nothing. You gotta make her feel that she needs you, that she'd be a fucking loser without you. This may sound harsh, but it will become true as soon as she leaves you for a manipulative asshole, so you gotta make her taste a little bit of this feeling once in a while.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

yeah she's already gone from my facebook, msn, cell phone, etc. I think I'm moving on ok so far since I'm not sad or depressed about the whole thing, just incredibly angry is all. I've taken the "How could she do this to me? stupid bitch" mentality to this so far :lol:

The thing that gets me was that there were no signs of her being unhappy with me. I had my arm around her at the movies because she literally put my arm around her. I'm so fucking confused
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

Treat bitches like the dirt they are, they love it.
Kevin Beckman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Kevin Beckman »

Based on your story I'm going with you're a bad kisser. Unless you've made out before then I'm clueless.

EDIT: My wife adds that she might not have felt any 'sparks'.
Last edited by Kevin Beckman on Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Lunchbox wrote:The thing that gets me was that there were no signs of her being unhappy with me. I had my arm around her at the movies because she literally put my arm around her. I'm so fucking confused
She was probably just keeping you around while waiting for something more interesting to appear.

Some girls also like to have a "last date" before dumping their old boyfriends, to make sure they're in control of the relationship when they dump the guy. They call this "I still think you're a nice guy" and "I did you a favor".
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Kevin Beckman wrote:Based on your story I'm going with you're a bad kisser. Unless you've made out before then I'm clueless.

uh.... k.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Kevin Beckman wrote:Based on your story I'm going with you're a bad kisser. Unless you've made out before then I'm clueless.

I don't claim to be the world's leader in relationship advice, but I don't think anyone would end a relationship that's been going on for several months over their partner's lack of kissing skills.
It's thinking...
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

yeah , I'd say shes found someone else to mess around with or has her eye on someone...
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

|darc| wrote:

I don't claim to be the world's leader in relationship advice, but I don't think anyone would end a relationship that's been going on for several months over their partner's lack of kissing skills.
Nor is it possible to ascertain from Lunch's story that he is a bad kisser.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

oh god i hope im not a bad kisser :lol:
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Ace gotta solve this mistery for us :twisted:.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Maybe she's weirded out about being touchy feely...

- Fuzmeister
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Lunchbox wrote:small backstory here: I've been seeing this girl for a few months now, and it was going great. We liked all the same things, we had awesome discussions, I took her to all my favourite spots and we always had a great time. We talked almost every day, and when we didn't we stayed in touch with phone texts. I found myself really falling for this girl.

Fast forward to last tuesday. She wants to see the movie 21, and she knows I already saw it. I give in and go see it with her, because in the end I didn't care which movie I saw really, I just wanted to be with her. 35 bucks later (tickets and snacks are damn expensive, stupid cineplex) we're in the theatre having a grand old time like we usually do, and we watch the whole movie with my around her. After the movie I take her to the park near my house and we just sit on the swings and talk about stuff like we usually do. Eventually we start making out, this is where things go south.
Usually, this is where the story gets interesting.

Edit: bolded for emphasis
No signature.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

|darc| wrote:

You'd be surprised.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

Manoel wrote:Ace gotta solve this mistery for us :twisted:.
Should I stalk his ex?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

ace wrote:
Should I stalk his ex?
You can stalk me, big boy ;).
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

ace wrote:
Should I stalk his ex?
Maybe go kiss lunchbox and see if he is a good kisser or not :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800