What the living hell?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
User avatar
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Right where I can see ya ;)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Lunchbox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:55 am

The .com looks to be down now
Image
User avatar
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
Posts: 8595
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2001 6:27 pm
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Skynet » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:10 am

.com tells me I'm forbidden :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
User avatar
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
Posts: 4171
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2003 12:30 pm
Location: Right where I can see ya ;)
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Lunchbox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:14 am

Me too. If you go directly to the forum though they're all gone except for OT and Gaming and 2 other ones
Image
User avatar
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Posts: 5088
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:50 pm
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by butters » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:17 pm

On Seanbajuice it says that someone got in and deleted the forums. I doubt there were many who could have done that.
User avatar
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1629
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2005 8:31 pm
Location: Stalking
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by mrandyk » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:24 pm

I dont really know what has been going on all this time, and didnt know that this has been going on for like 2 weeks. I read the news post on the .com forum and foud this place.

But I have one question. Did Bluecrab get what he wanted? I dont want to see that project leave dcemu.
Image
User avatar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Posts: 10966
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:34 am
Location: Indiana
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by melancholy » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:29 pm

mrandyk wrote:But I have one question. Did Bluecrab get what he wanted? I dont want to see that project leave dcemu.
Bluecrab is the co-owner of the .org domain. So I doubt he will be leaving anytime soon.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16186
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by |darc| » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:31 pm

butters wrote:On Seanbajuice it says that someone got in and deleted the forums. I doubt there were many who could have done that.
Elmer said he was tired of it and deleted it all.
It's thinking...
User avatar
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by JuddWack » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:10 pm

toastman wrote:I don't pay much attention to scene politics...
I'm with you. I'm trying not get mixed up in the politics and choosing side but I think this silly little fight is hurting the scene way more than it helps.
User avatar
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:06 am
Location: Cary, NC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Covar » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:58 pm

JuddWack wrote:
toastman wrote:I don't pay much attention to scene politics...
I'm with you. I'm trying not get mixed up in the politics and choosing side but I think this silly little fight is hurting the scene way more than it helps.
really? cause i've noticed a resurgence of posts on here, and a spike of activity on the irc room.
User avatar
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin
Posts: 2601
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:54 pm
Location: Ontario
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Code-Red » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:42 pm

Covar wrote:
JuddWack wrote:
toastman wrote:I don't pay much attention to scene politics...
I'm with you. I'm trying not get mixed up in the politics and choosing side but I think this silly little fight is hurting the scene way more than it helps.
really? cause i've noticed a resurgence of posts on here, and a spike of activity on the irc room.
Same here. It looks like some of the old boys came out of the woodworks as well.
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by BlueCrab » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:07 pm

mrandyk wrote:But I have one question. Did Bluecrab get what he wanted? I dont want to see that project leave dcemu.
DCRPG is here to stay.... I won't say anything more right now, so that'll have to do.
User avatar
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Posts: 812
Joined: Fri Nov 09, 2001 6:48 am
Location: The Netherlands
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Captain Skyhawk » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:36 am

I gonna take the opportunity and use this topic to personally thank |darc| and BlueCrab for their great work of finally freeing DC Emulation. Now seeing dcemulation.com and their forums really gone for me personally the war is over. The good guys at dcemulation.org have won!
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
.
User avatar
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord
Posts: 5404
Joined: Mon May 27, 2002 11:31 am
Location: Sailing the Skies of Arcadia
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by BlueCrab » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:52 pm

Captain Skyhawk wrote:I gonna take the opportunity and use this topic to personally thank |darc| and BlueCrab for their great work of finally freeing DC Emulation. Now seeing dcemulation.com and their forums really gone for me personally the war is over. The good guys at dcemulation.org have won!
|darc| pretty much did everything.... I kept asking if there was something I could do, but there wasn't really...
User avatar
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2984
Joined: Fri May 31, 2002 6:10 am
Location: Adelaide
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by Prophet][ » Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:10 am

This single event has probably gotten me back. Hell, I might even pull out the DC and try some of the latest homebrew,
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16186
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by |darc| » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:27 am

Hasney wrote:
Prophet][ wrote:This single event has probably gotten me back. Hell, I might even pull out the DC and try some of the latest homebrew,
I tried that, but my DC keeps resetting...... :(

So I bought a new one :mrgreen:
you know, there's a pretty easy fix for that.... Check the hardware forum faq ;)
It's thinking...
User avatar
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2002 6:01 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by JuddWack » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:24 pm

Guess I stand corrected.
User avatar
greay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
Posts: 1938
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:59 am
Location: 24 hours from Tulsa
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by greay » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Code-Red wrote:
Covar wrote:really? cause i've noticed a resurgence of posts on here, and a spike of activity on the irc room.
Same here. It looks like some of the old boys came out of the woodworks as well.
The only reason I'm back is I got an email from Cheetah saying the sight was hacked and "Remember: The real URL for DCEmulation is http://www.dcemulation.com". A quick google search brought me to the real real DCEmulation.
I'm a lone wolf looking for trouble.
cak!
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Posts: 162
Joined: Thu May 17, 2007 9:51 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: What the living hell?

Post by cak! » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:26 pm

JuddWack wrote:
I'm with you. I'm trying not get mixed up in the politics and choosing side but I think this silly little fight is hurting the scene way more than it helps.

what scene?
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace
Posts: 6297
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2001 7:07 pm
Location: Canada.
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: What the living hell?

Post by ace » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:02 pm

cak! wrote:
JuddWack wrote:
I'm with you. I'm trying not get mixed up in the politics and choosing side but I think this silly little fight is hurting the scene way more than it helps.

what scene?
Dreamcast emulation, duh!
Post Reply