NFL Playoffs

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: NFL Playoffs

Post by AgentGreen »

|darc| wrote: How would you expose me as a hypocrite? I just got finished saying that I would only support a dynasty if it were my home team. :guffaw:

Okay, my bad, you already exposed yourself as a hypocrite :lol:
|darc| wrote: Biggest is relative, they should have been penalized more. Oh noes, they lost their draft pick, what are they going to do? They need to get some talent really soon, I'm sure... Besides, they still have a first round draft pick left.
Oh noes, fined money!? I'm sure they've already got way more money than the salary cap they're paying their players, anyway...
I don't care if I make millions of dollars, I'm still going to miss half a million when they tell me to pay it. That was the maximum they could fine him.

|darc| wrote:
Maybe I should make it really big so you can read what I said twice already, are your eyes OK?

I RECOGNIZED THAT THE PATRIOTS ARE AN AMAZING TEAM--ANYONE WHO DISAGREES HAS ISSUES--BUT THEY ARE OVERRATED AND IT SHOWS BECAUSE THEY ALMOST LOST SEVERAL TIMES. "ALMOST" DOES COUNT WHEN COMPARING SCORES TO SCORES. OBVIOUSLY A 100-0 WIN MAKES A TEAM BETTER THAN A 100-99 WIN. THE PATRIOTS ARE FOOTBALL PLAYERS JUST MARGINALLY BETTER THAN ANYONE ELSE; THEY ARE NOT FOOTBALL GODS. MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY ARE GODS. THEY ACTUALLY ARE NOT. THAT MAKES THEM "OVERRATED."

Besides, if you want to argue that "almost" doesn't count, then why keep track of their undefeated record? At the end of the day, a team wins the Superbowl, right? It doesn't matter if they shut out every other team, right?
Comparing scores doesn't mean shit because scoring only counts if you score more than the guy you're facing in a game, also known as "winning." Offense is only one half of the game and each team, in every competitive head-to-head sport and league, has their own way of balancing offense and defense. Comparing scores is foolish because some teams are not "high score" teams. Win loss records, however, are always fair comparisons because it shows how good (or bad) their team's system works. The Patriots are talented at snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

AgentGreen wrote:Comparing scores doesn't mean shit because scoring only counts if you score more than the guy you're facing in a game, also known as "winning." Offense is only one half of the game and each team, in every competitive head-to-head sport and league, has their own way of balancing offense and defense. Comparing scores is foolish because some teams are not "high score" teams. Win loss records, however, are always fair comparisons because it shows how good (or bad) their team's system works. The Patriots are talented at snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
Of course it matters. That's why people keep track of stats. It indicates the quality of a team. If a team can keep up with the Patriots but stay down by just 3, they're obviously better than the team that cannot score one point against the Pats. If the Pats score just marginally higher than their opponents, than obviously they're only marginally better than their opponents: They are not divine.
It's thinking...
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

|darc| wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:Comparing scores doesn't mean shit because scoring only counts if you score more than the guy you're facing in a game, also known as "winning." Offense is only one half of the game and each team, in every competitive head-to-head sport and league, has their own way of balancing offense and defense. Comparing scores is foolish because some teams are not "high score" teams. Win loss records, however, are always fair comparisons because it shows how good (or bad) their team's system works. The Patriots are talented at snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.
Of course it matters. That's why people keep track of stats. It indicates the quality of a team. If a team can keep up with the Patriots but stay down by just 3, they're obviously better than the team that cannot score one point against the Pats. If the Pats score just marginally higher than their opponents, than obviously they're only marginally better than their opponents: They are not divine.
Point is, they're better. Even if it's just marginally so. Stat-keepers are the most useless sports fans anyway.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

AgentGreen wrote:Point is, they're better. Even if it's just marginally so.
Congratulations! You got what I was trying to say!
It's thinking...
AgentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen
More like GAY-gentGreen

Post by AgentGreen »

|darc| wrote:
AgentGreen wrote:Point is, they're better. Even if it's just marginally so.
Congratulations! You got what I was trying to say!
Oh no, I got that part. It was the dynasty bashing and the "they cheat" thing you and Covar were pushing that I was hung up on.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

Covar wrote:They Cheat.

Everyone freaked out when they heard steroids were being used in baseball. We had hearings on it. Yet nothing was done about their cheating other than a fine?

Football sucks
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Wagh wrote:
Covar wrote:They Cheat.

Everyone freaked out when they heard steroids were being used in baseball. We had hearings on it. Yet nothing was done about their cheating other than a fine?

Football sucks
they lost some draft picks including they're first round. but all in all i think they got off light.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

So New England and New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Who would have ever guessed the Giants would be going to the big game?
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

butters wrote:So New England and New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Who would have ever guessed the Giants would be going to the big game?
/me raises hand.

I'm so damn excited for this game.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:So New England and New York Giants in the Super Bowl. Who would have ever guessed the Giants would be going to the big game?
They were my #1 favs to go... I was conflicted about the game against Green Bay, because I like the Packers, but I hoped overall that the Giants would go. I feel bad for Favre; it would have been great for him to go out on top, but maybe he'll come back next year...
It's thinking...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

I wish my team could change every year–depending on who made it to the Super Bowl.

Posers.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

pixel wrote:I wish my team could change every year–depending on who made it to the Super Bowl.

Posers.
Sticking with a losing team is no test of character. Sports are supposed to be entertaining. It's more fun to support a winning team.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

pixel wrote:I wish my team could change every year–depending on who made it to the Super Bowl.

Posers.
Meh, I only like a few teams and here's why.

Saints: My home team, obviously I am going to love them the most.
Packers: I think it's interesting that they are the only non-profit, community-owned major league professional sports team in the US, which makes it more about the football itself
Colts: Peyton Manning is a New Orleans boy and the son of Saints QB legend Archie Manning
Giants: Same reason as above, but with Eli Manning, and they earned my respect by giving it their all against the Pats in week 17 even though they had no reason to, as the outcome of the game changed nothing in the playoffs, and I have become an Eli Manning fan
Steelers: No idea why, really... I thought they looked cool ever since I was a kid.

Only teams I hate really are the Pats, Cowboys, and Bucs. Everyone else I'm pretty much indifferent to.
It's thinking...
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

Posers.
I've been a giants fan ever since i started watching football. I was born on Long Island and pretty much my entire family is from there so we're all giants fans (except for an uncle who's a jets fan, but every family has a black sheep).

Only team i really hate consistently every year would be the Eagles.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:Saints QB legend Archie Manning
A quarterback who never had a winning season is a legend? He was a good player, but I wouldn't call him a legend. I feel sorry for him having played on a team for so many years where he had no pass protection and kept getting sacked. It's actually pretty impressive that he played for the Saints as long as he did because a lesser man would have jumped teams at the first opportunity.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

butters wrote:
A quarterback who never had a winning season is a legend? He was a good player, but I wouldn't call him a legend. I feel sorry for him having played on a team for so many years where he had no pass protection and kept getting sacked. It's actually pretty impressive that he played for the Saints as long as he did because a lesser man would have jumped teams at the first opportunity.
I knew that phrase was going to get picked apart. Archie Manning is a Saints legend. He is very well known and loved around here. He comes on local radio and shows up places and such as well.
It's thinking...
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover

Post by butters »

|darc| wrote:
butters wrote:
I knew that phrase was going to get picked apart. Archie Manning is a Saints legend. He is very well known and loved around here. He comes on local radio and shows up places and such as well.
That's pretty cool. He's well known enough that I know who he is, which is saying a lot when you are talking about a quarterback who played mostly before I was born. He's also obviously has some amazing genes.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Covar wrote:

Posers.
I've been a giants fan ever since i started watching football. I was born on Long Island and pretty much my entire family is from there so we're all giants fans (except for an uncle who's a jets fan, but every family has a black sheep).

Heh.. sorry to call you guys out. I had a few beers last night and was a little bitter.
[/drunk asshole]
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

pixel wrote:
Covar wrote:

Posers.

Heh.. sorry to call you guys out. I had a few beers last night and was a little bitter.
[/drunk asshole]
its fair. being in North Carolina i've gotten used to defending/explaining my love of the Giants.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

I'm rooting for the Patriots to take the Super Bowl. Actually, I'm really rooting against the '72 Dolphins. People really need to shut up about them.
No signature.