eBay question.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

eBay question.

Post by DuffMan »

I just sold an item on eBay. The person who won the item has paid, but wants me to send it to a different address then what is on her eBay account. I know its policy to only send packages to approved address's, but she says it is a gift for her sister's kids. What should I do? I'm probably going to tell her I will only send to the verified address eBay gives, so there can be no conflict. Has this happened to anyone else?
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: eBay question.

Post by bloodite »

If they already paid, and its been verified, like for example via a verified PayPal account, Whats the difference? if the PayPal or paid accounts verified, theres no more risk than with the accepted address. Just make sure its a form of shipping that requires signing, tracking or other verification of delivery and it should be safe.

I think there can be a conflict no matter the outcome, Ive had a guy that refused to ship an item to me recently because he didnt block me from bidding on it, said he was losing money because of the higher dollar here at the time, But I didnt break any rules, still didnt get my item from him and it wasnt worth enough to get any results out of it. My only sin was I was the only bidder and I got it for 99 cents.

I think sometimes you have to take a leap of faith with these things, bit if they've got good credentials I personally see no problem.
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Yeah its like having sex with a woman that looks like a whore... sure you may not know if you're going to get burned, but you will find out in a little bit of time.

By sending to an unverified address, you essentially give them control over the situation. If they file a report saying the item never arrived, and you give PayPal a delivery confirmation number (that has it going to another address) you are held liable.

If the person has good feedback I see no problem in doing it. I've done it many times and never had a problem with it.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Alright, sounds good. Thanks
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

With the way Paypal buyer protection works you could get screwed big time if you don't send it to the one listed with paypal. They could say they didn't get it or something and you would be at fault for not sending to the verified address.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Ya, thats the thing I am worried about. But the person has a lot of positive feed back, and the message was sent through eBay, so it couldn't have been forged.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I've done this before on several of auctions one. Simply because I forgot my paypal adress.
nogginthenog
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by nogginthenog »

I sometimes get stuff sent to my work address if it's a large item. Otherwise I have to go to the post office to pick it up.