Quick questoin about aol service still charging.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick questoin about aol service still charging.

Post by MKE »

Ok, so my grandmother has used the aol service for about 4 years now through a work discount program. She is using the service on top of roadrunner, so there is no reason to pay for the service right?

and has anyone else had to do this to know if she can cancel the service and still keep all her 'aol' stuff? I mean, since aol went free a while ago and all.

Any help would be appreciated. Shes going to try and call them now but just incase...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Quick questoin about aol service still charging.

Post by MKE »

nevermind, got it taken care of.

Turns out aol, instead of canceling her service, sent a discrete email saying when the service went free, they made a new "premium plan" that included their security software, unlimited dial up access, (you know, incase she got sick of how fast cable was) and a 10000$ insurance policy in case her identity was stolen...while playing spider solitaire. or 1000$ towards replacing the computer if she got virus' (i was actually surprised to hear that- if you use aol premium w/ security and you get a virus- they pay to fix/replace it!)

but anyway, it took less then 10 minutes on the phone. made the lady laugh a little, explained where i work and what she does, read the stuff saying what i was about to do, i said yes- and a min later on the screen was a message saying they changed the status of the account to the free one, not losing any of her information.

Easiest cancellation ever. Now just to watch the next couple bills to make sure.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods