Transcript of my first call at work today

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Transcript of my first call at work today

Post by Roofus »

Me: "PC Firedog, this is Eddie"
Douchebag: "Hi, Eddie. Do you guys have any more of those $299 laptops?"
Me: "No."
Douchebag: "Not at all?"
Me: "Not since about 5:05."
Douchebag: "Will you be getting more?"
Me: "Nope. Sorry."
Douchebag: "Not ever?"
Me: "Nope. Never."
Douchebag: "You fuckers! FUCK YOU!!!"
Me: "Fuck you too."
Then I hung up. I said the last part without thinking about it and too late, I realized that 1) He had my name and 2) There were about 30 customers in my line, and they heard it all. :oops: :lol:
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Re: Transcript of my first call at work today

Post by JellyWarrior »

The $305 laptop was too expensive for him?

He deserved it and it's a funny story but if I were an employer I would have wanted you to handle it a little better than that. Doesn't do the store's reputation any good if you swear in front of the customers :P
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I've done the same thing quite a few times at work. Sometimes after a long day of getting bitched at, it is hard to keep your cool and it happens.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Roofus wrote:Me: "PC Firedog, this is Eddie"
Douchebag: "Hi, Eddie. Do you guys have any more of those $299 laptops?"
Me: "No."
Douchebag: "Not at all?"
Me: "Not since about 5:05."
Douchebag: "Will you be getting more?"
Me: "Nope. Sorry."
Douchebag: "Not ever?"
Me: "Nope. Never."
Douchebag: "You fuckers! FUCK YOU!!!"
Me: "Fuck you too."
Then I hung up. I said the last part without thinking about it and too late, I realized that 1) He had my name and 2) There were about 30 customers in my line, and they heard it all. :oops: :lol:
You were being as big of a douche as he was. You're really supposed to sympathize with the customer, or at least pretend you give a shit, rather than answer with "No" and "Nope. Sorry." That just sounds like you don't give a shit and want him off the phone as quickly as possible, which may have stirred up the hostility.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

well after hours of the same question over and over again, you get irritated. Anyways you are not too much responsible for saying something like that to a customer if they says something first. Like I had a customer get pissed off at me for taking some time to get something fixed for him, and he was pissed saying an idiot could do my job so my supervisor asked him "well do you want an application" and threw him out of the store. You need to keep your cool the majority of the time, but no one can do much of anything since he got out of hand.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Should've said something like. "Thank you sir, you have a good day as well. Thanks for calling Best Buy!" *click*.

Kill em' with kindness.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I think you all missed the title of this thread:
Roofus wrote:Transcript of my first call at work today
:mrgreen:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Luriden wrote:You were being as big of a douche as he was. You're really supposed to sympathize with the customer, or at least pretend you give a shit, rather than answer with "No" and "Nope. Sorry." That just sounds like you don't give a shit and want him off the phone as quickly as possible, which may have stirred up the hostility.
Very good point.

In my opinion, you're the one at fault here Roofus. Sounds to me like you were shuffling him along with roundabout answers to get him off the phone.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Why are you guys blaming Roofus?

That guy was completely out of line to swear in the first place, there was absolutely no need for it or any cause for it. He should have just accepted the fact that he's cheap, also understood it was Black Friday, and hung up the phone.

I've never had anybody swear at me over the phone, but nevertheless when people get angry or mad, I'll just go silent for a bit. They end up bitching and bitching, but eventually they calm down. Oddly enough, a few times i've had it help when I would listen to that, they would ask if I'm there, and then I would politely ask... " Are you done?"... then they just hang up the phone.

Either way you can't take things like that too seriously-- as long as you're not the one going off on him first then you're in the clear.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

CupNoodle wrote:Should've said something like. "Thank you sir, you have a good day as well. Thanks for calling Best Buy!" *click*.

Kill em' with kindness.
Ha, that just pisses people off more. I do that at work too when people are bitching and yelling at me for stuff out of my control.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Thomas wrote:
CupNoodle wrote:Should've said something like. "Thank you sir, you have a good day as well. Thanks for calling Best Buy!" *click*.

Kill em' with kindness.
Ha, that just pisses people off more. I do that at work too when people are bitching and yelling at me for stuff out of my control.
Notice the *click* at the end. I would only do something like that if they were cussing me out without any sort of discernable question, as was the case with Roofus.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Code-Red wrote:
Luriden wrote:You were being as big of a douche as he was. You're really supposed to sympathize with the customer, or at least pretend you give a shit, rather than answer with "No" and "Nope. Sorry." That just sounds like you don't give a shit and want him off the phone as quickly as possible, which may have stirred up the hostility.
Very good point.

In my opinion, you're the one at fault here Roofus. Sounds to me like you were shuffling him along with roundabout answers to get him off the phone.
"Roundabout answers". What the hell? He said "No" when asked if they had any of those laptops. I don't see how he could be any clearer than directly answering the question.
No signature.