Weird health problem

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Weird health problem

Post by Luriden »

I'm usually not prone to severe anxiety or panic attacks. However, stress has been getting the best of me lately. I'm quitting school for this new job full time job I was lucky enough to get, and I've been feeling pretty guilty about it.

I rarely smoke weed anymore, but last Thursday after I got back from a concert, I ate a big meal, had about three hits of weed, and started freaking out which never happens. I couldn't walk, couldn't feel anything, started seeing and hearing things, threw up, and passed out. These aren't things that happen when you smoke weed.

I woke up the next morning, and I still have the dizziness and prickly feeling in my body, especially my hands. I went to the store and could barely concentrate on anything or make out words on items. I'm still having the problem today. I can barely feel anything on my fingertips, typing this feels like I'm pressing up on carpet and I can't feel any textures or details on anything I hold or touch. It takes me 20 seconds to get my hands in my pockets because I can't feel where the opening is. It's like when you press your hands up on something really cold for a long time, then try to touch something else.

I discussed this with my uncle (leaving the weed portion out) and he thinks it may be a sign of diabetes. I discussed it with my mom as well (also leaving the weed portion out) and she thinks it's all just stress. Any ideas? I start work Monday and I really don't want to start like this. Don't recommend that I stop smoking weed because I rarely ever smoke it anyway, and if it were weed I wouldn't still be feeling like this two days after smoking it (especially after just three hits of weak shit).
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Re: Weird health problem

Post by hearld500 »

Almost sounds like the weed was laced with something.
Was it just you smoking?
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

It's possible that it's "only" a nasty infection of some sort. Do you have a fever?
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

hearld500 wrote:Almost sounds like the weed was laced with something.
Was it just you smoking?
Nope, two other people were smoking and they were fine. In fact, they were barely even high since it was such low grade weed. It was just all we could get our hands on at the moment.
Ex-Cyber wrote:It's possible that it's "only" a nasty infection of some sort. Do you have a fever?
Nope, no fever. And the lightheaded-ness is pretty much gone now, I just have this numb feeling left that doesn't seem to go away. If I scratch myself, I don't feel it until like 5 seconds after I've done it. I bumped my shoulder into my door earlier and didn't feel it until about 10 seconds later after I sat down and couldn't figure out where the hell the feeling came from.
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

ROFL. Weed doesn't get laced. It makes no sense as a dealer because it only increases your costs. I used to have that fear when I was a newbie smoker, but I've learned it's generally not common practice but more of an extremely rare occurrence.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

bizzle wrote:ROFL. Weed doesn't get laced. It makes no sense as a dealer because it only increases your costs. I used to have that fear when I was a newbie smoker, but I've learned it's generally not common practice but more of an extremely rare occurrence.
Yeah, laced weed is out of the question, especially since the other two smokers were fine. I really don't think my problem has to do with weed. It may have sparked a problem that already existed perhaps, but it sure didn't cause anything.

And I just woke up and I'm still having the problem. Not as bad, but it's still there.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Luriden wrote:
bizzle wrote:ROFL. Weed doesn't get laced. It makes no sense as a dealer because it only increases your costs. I used to have that fear when I was a newbie smoker, but I've learned it's generally not common practice but more of an extremely rare occurrence.
Yeah, laced weed is out of the question, especially since the other two smokers were fine. I really don't think my problem has to do with weed. It may have sparked a problem that already existed perhaps, but it sure didn't cause anything.

And I just woke up and I'm still having the problem. Not as bad, but it's still there.
It's probably anxiety, if it were the start of diabetes you'd be pissing a lot, always thirsty and hungry, really irritable, and a few other things you did not describe.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I don't really think weed has caused this, but like I said, it may have "sparked" it (no pun intended). There are times when I'm high that I do get a little paranoid, but it's usually nothing serious. At this time in my life though I've been under more stress and been worrying about more shit than I have in years, and weed may have ignited that. It sure as hell didn't cause it though.

Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just an anxiety attack by the way. I forgot to mention in my other post earlier this morning that I woke up around 4:00am with another attack, just like when I was high the other night but not as severe and I didn't throw up (because I didn't have a full stomach at the time). I woke up from a nightmare and had broken out in sweats, feeling light-headed, slight vertigo when I sat on the edge of my bed, couldn't really walk straight, and had a feeling that nothing was real, like I was going crazy. I haven't smoked weed since Thursday night so unless this shit is like LSD and gives me flashbacks, I seriously doubt the weed is causing this.

I start work tomorrow, I'll just see how this pans out. Once I find out what work is like and I come home tomorrow, I may feel like a whole new person (in a good way).
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Marijuana debate has been split to this topic.
It's thinking...
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

GOOD MOVE! Thanks! *hug to |darc|*
~* Will a Dreamcast make my car faster? *~
bizzle wrote:I heard the addition of a Dreamcast is like +20. That's even more than racing stripes!
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Luriden- do see the doctor. I had the same prob last year. Change of jobs, high stress, my blood pressure skyrocketed and I passed out one day. Only the only meds I have to worry about are seizure meds which obviously, are controlled :) Turned out I had a chemical imbalance due to taking some Nyquil for a cold which did NOT mix with my seizure medication. I shoulda' read that warning label :P

See the doc. Mention the weed b/c you could have an allergy to it. It is a biological substance after all! Allergies can develop at any time at any age (kinda' like epilepsy or the flu or whatever). If you're allergic, that can prove fatal, so I really agree with seeing the doc. If anything to clear up that end of things. You also could go on some good anxiety meds if necessary. Could also be your thyroid going crazy. Same symptoms, except the thyroid will cause you to have mood swings.

(brought the pertinent details back over here :) )
bizzle wrote:I heard the addition of a Dreamcast is like +20. That's even more than racing stripes!
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

How are you going now Luriden? feeling better?
Hopefully after you start work you'll also start feeling better.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

LizzyCamizzy wrote:See the doc. Mention the weed b/c you could have an allergy to it. It is a biological substance after all! Allergies can develop at any time at any age (kinda' like epilepsy or the flu or whatever). If you're allergic, that can prove fatal, so I really agree with seeing the doc. If anything to clear up that end of things. You also could go on some good anxiety meds if necessary. Could also be your thyroid going crazy. Same symptoms, except the thyroid will cause you to have mood swings.
He's not allergic to weed. The reaction would've been way different. It's a panic attack.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Wagh wrote: He's not allergic to weed. The reaction would've been way different. It's a panic attack.
I certainly trust your medical credentials with your attitude. :roll: Allergic reactions aren't the same for everyone.
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

LizzyCamizzy wrote:
Wagh wrote: He's not allergic to weed. The reaction would've been way different. It's a panic attack.
I certainly trust your medical credentials with your attitude. :roll: Allergic reactions aren't the same for everyone.
Honestly as a Fire Fighter I am required to recognize lots of situations. And determing the proper course of action. What was described was not a medical emergency due to weed. What was described was an honest reaction to severe stress of starting an new job and quitting school. Very stressful on anyone. As such a panic attack is the canidate.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Thank you for explaining yourself. I can definitely respect your position more. I disagree with it, but that's 6 of one, half dozen of the other. Just pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't mistake my seizures as being retarded :wink:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Every once in awhile I notice the feeling in my hands again (I was reaching for something under the car seat today and had my hand on a flashlight and didn't even feel it, though I had my hand practically wrapped around it). Overall though I'm doing a lot better. I'm less stressed out about both school and work. I'm tired since I gotta get up at 4:45am compared to 11:00am, but at least I'm not as worried about things now.

My new job has health insurance, and I'm thinking about maybe having a doctor visit for the hell of it, tell him about my anxiety attacks and emotional/mental stress, maybe he can prescribe me something and I'll just see if maybe it stabilizes me a bit.
LizzyCamizzy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LizzyCamizzy »

Luriden wrote:I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Every once in awhile I notice the feeling in my hands again (I was reaching for something under the car seat today and had my hand on a flashlight and didn't even feel it, though I had my hand practically wrapped around it). Overall though I'm doing a lot better. I'm less stressed out about both school and work. I'm tired since I gotta get up at 4:45am compared to 11:00am, but at least I'm not as worried about things now.

My new job has health insurance, and I'm thinking about maybe having a doctor visit for the hell of it, tell him about my anxiety attacks and emotional/mental stress, maybe he can prescribe me something and I'll just see if maybe it stabilizes me a bit.
Good idea! We wouldn't be fighting over you if we didn't care :wink:
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

LizzyCamizzy wrote:
Luriden wrote:I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Every once in awhile I notice the feeling in my hands again (I was reaching for something under the car seat today and had my hand on a flashlight and didn't even feel it, though I had my hand practically wrapped around it). Overall though I'm doing a lot better. I'm less stressed out about both school and work. I'm tired since I gotta get up at 4:45am compared to 11:00am, but at least I'm not as worried about things now.

Good idea! We wouldn't be fighting over you if we didn't care :wink:
Hell, if I get Zanex I already have a few people willing to buy some from me. :lol:
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Luriden wrote:I'm feeling quite a bit better today.
Glad to hear it.
Luriden wrote:My new job has health insurance, and I'm thinking about maybe having a doctor visit for the hell of it
Wow I can't believe that you guys have to pay to see a GP.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services