OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16189
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by |darc| » Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:37 pm

MKE wrote:Your said that the data loss bug was small and specific, i was saying so are the problems they mention in the commercial.
That the issue was "specific" doesn't mean it isn't an issue anymore. You acted as if Mac OS X is cRaZy!! and who knows what it will do to your data next?>! It's still a bug that I'm not going to excuse Apple for. The difference? There are many Windows issues that are problematic compared to this single issue.
MKE wrote:This one i messed up on, i meant the most common problem i see, not that it is user caused. And it takes out hardware because it changes the upperfilter setting in the registry and causes windows to think there is a driver error. It's usually caused by having numerous cd burning pograms installed, but that isn't 100% of the cause. it is a known problem again that both apple and ms are working on.

Its actually so common, and so easy to fix, when we get customers that have that problem, we just copy over the registry file (deletes the upperfilter for the drive) and explain to them what and why it happens, and how to use it (run, click yes, click ok, reboot)
My question still stands, how is the behavior by Windows excusable?
MKE wrote:Actually, there is. If you double click on the box you get the security window, on the left hand side you have a few options, the bottom one is "change the way security center alerts me" in there, you get 3 options, choose the bottom one that says something "dont notify me about warnings"
Either this is a new feature or you didn't understand my question properly. When I was running Vista on my desktop the only way to stop this behavior was to do registry hacking.
It's thinking...
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: your mom's room
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MKE » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:04 pm

MKE wrote:This one i messed up on, i meant the most common problem i see, not that it is user caused. And it takes out hardware because it changes the upperfilter setting in the registry and causes windows to think there is a driver error. It's usually caused by having numerous cd burning pograms installed, but that isn't 100% of the cause. it is a known problem again that both apple and ms are working on.

Its actually so common, and so easy to fix, when we get customers that have that problem, we just copy over the registry file (deletes the upperfilter for the drive) and explain to them what and why it happens, and how to use it (run, click yes, click ok, reboot)
My question still stands, how is the behavior by Windows excusable?
Not really saying it's "excusable", just giving an example of the most common problem, yet it's the one they dont go after.
MKE wrote:Actually, there is. If you double click on the box you get the security window, on the left hand side you have a few options, the bottom one is "change the way security center alerts me" in there, you get 3 options, choose the bottom one that says something "dont notify me about warnings"
Either this is a new feature or you didn't understand my question properly. When I was running Vista on my desktop the only way to stop this behavior was to do registry hacking.
well, if your talking about after you disable uac in the user accounts, that red box comes up in the lower right corner saying your computer isn't safe/uac is disabled, then we are talking about the same thing. If you double click on it, it opens up the security center box with the status of your antivirus/spyware/firewall and iirc updates. On the left side of that screen are a few options, the bottom one is "change the way security center alerts me", and in there you can have it not display that box at all anymore. And that option has been there since atleast vista RC2. it's just not some thing that is right there in the open like it should be.
Image
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
User avatar
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
Posts: 10966
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2001 12:34 am
Location: Indiana
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by melancholy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:39 pm

|darc| wrote:
MKE wrote:Actually, there is. If you double click on the box you get the security window, on the left hand side you have a few options, the bottom one is "change the way security center alerts me" in there, you get 3 options, choose the bottom one that says something "dont notify me about warnings"
Either this is a new feature or you didn't understand my question properly. When I was running Vista on my desktop the only way to stop this behavior was to do registry hacking.
It's not a new feature, but it's not simple to find by the average user. A typical computer illiterate person wouldn't know how to disable them. It also highlights one of the two most annoying default features in Vista (the second is the removal of the shutdown button, also hard to fix by the typical Windows user).
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan
Posts: 2416
Joined: Sat Aug 30, 2003 12:24 pm
Location: your mom's room
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MKE » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:37 am

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2223921,00.asp

now, with only using leopard for 30sec's to see if it boots on my pc, i cant reply to his issues with leopard, but maybe some of you can?
Image
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
User avatar
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
Posts: 16189
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2001 6:00 pm
Location: New Orleans, LA
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 6 times
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by |darc| » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:48 am

That article is 100% FUD. It's obvious he's trying to rake in the hits with that one.

I've been using Leopard betas for months. They've had their issues, but the last beta and the final build after it have been virtually flawless for me.

And he says how much he loves Tiger--Tiger was PLAGUED with issues in its first build.
It's thinking...
User avatar
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
Posts: 2990
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2002 8:06 am
Location: Cary, NC
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by Covar » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:57 am

I agree with |darc|. i've used leopard since it came out and have not had a single issue with it. hell, he calls time machine a "sad bundled app as feature" and claims its difficult to setup. not quite sure what hes talking about because the first time i hooked up an external drive to my parents machine leopard asked if i wanted it to be a backup drive. i said yes and time machine was good to go.
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MulletMan13 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:44 pm

Yeah, not a huge problem here at all.

That guy just wants hits.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
User avatar
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:57 am
Location: The Land of Milk And Honey
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by donnonotin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:33 am

Strapping Scherzo wrote:I think it's in poor taste. And you're right about the monitor, souLLy. It just adds to the offense that it's an old CRT. Come on.
Yeah, and you can even see on how the designers photoshoped the glare onto the screen... They continued the lighting effect into the side of the CRT monitor making it seem mysteriously metallic for no apparent reason other than... LIVING PROOF that osx is just eye candy for stupid people or what "artists" use so they can "think different". RIGHT WING PC USERS FOR LYFE! take another look for urself..

Though in all honesty I've owned at least 3 macs in the past. Really the enjoyable thing about them is stability, GUI, and responsiveness. The main problem with them is lack of good freeware applications that allow you to get simple tasks done. (an example is recoding audio)

Macintosh simply can't beat the functionality of the Windows OS. And like someone has mentioned in this thread before the new windows vista is actually very stable. I've only gotten bluescreened if I had some serious hardware trouble or software was messing up something important.
Image
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MulletMan13 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:52 am

donnonotin wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:I think it's in poor taste. And you're right about the monitor, souLLy. It just adds to the offense that it's an old CRT. Come on.
Yeah, and you can even see on how the designers photoshoped the glare onto the screen... They continued the lighting effect into the side of the CRT monitor making it seem mysteriously metallic for no apparent reason other than... LIVING PROOF that osx is just eye candy for stupid people or what "artists" use so they can "think different". RIGHT WING PC USERS FOR LYFE! take another look for urself..

Though in all honesty I've owned at least 3 macs in the past. Really the enjoyable thing about them is stability, GUI, and responsiveness. The main problem with them is lack of good freeware applications that allow you to get simple tasks done. (an example is recoding audio)

Macintosh simply can't beat the functionality of the Windows OS. And like someone has mentioned in this thread before the new windows vista is actually very stable. I've only gotten bluescreened if I had some serious hardware trouble or software was messing up something important.
Never understood the lack of good freeware applications... for your example:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28353

I've been on OS X for nearly 5 years now, and while I admit the first year or two had been rocky without some things everything has come full circle. It seems Windows [freeware] developers are in a state of stagnation. Keeping a program from the Win2000/98 days because it worked back then, but not doing too much to improve them. The Mac dev community continues to expand. I don't quite understand how you can say that OS X cannot beat the functionality of OS X. Hell, you can even virtualize any operating system out there on a Mac. Sure with 5% marketshare the need to virtualize OS X on a PC isn't *that* important, but it lacks the ability to [unless you run a Hackintosh]. Nevertheless I still do not quite understand the argument you are presenting. Name a task and I'll point you in the direction of a [good and free] program. Or just save myself some time and head to macupdate/versiontracker and look.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
User avatar
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:57 am
Location: The Land of Milk And Honey
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by donnonotin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:56 pm

dblpost
Last edited by donnonotin on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:57 am
Location: The Land of Milk And Honey
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by donnonotin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:57 pm

MulletMan13 wrote:
donnonotin wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:I think it's in poor taste. And you're right about the monitor, souLLy. It just adds to the offense that it's an old CRT. Come on.
Yeah, and you can even see on how the designers photoshoped the glare onto the screen... They continued the lighting effect into the side of the CRT monitor making it seem mysteriously metallic for no apparent reason other than... LIVING PROOF that osx is just eye candy for stupid people or what "artists" use so they can "think different". RIGHT WING PC USERS FOR LYFE! take another look for urself..

Though in all honesty I've owned at least 3 macs in the past. Really the enjoyable thing about them is stability, GUI, and responsiveness. The main problem with them is lack of good freeware applications that allow you to get simple tasks done. (an example is recoding audio)

Macintosh simply can't beat the functionality of the Windows OS. And like someone has mentioned in this thread before the new windows vista is actually very stable. I've only gotten bluescreened if I had some serious hardware trouble or software was messing up something important.
Never understood the lack of good freeware applications... for your example:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28353

I've been on OS X for nearly 5 years now, and while I admit the first year or two had been rocky without some things everything has come full circle. It seems Windows [freeware] developers are in a state of stagnation. Keeping a program from the Win2000/98 days because it worked back then, but not doing too much to improve them. The Mac dev community continues to expand. I don't quite understand how you can say that OS X cannot beat the functionality of OS X. Hell, you can even virtualize any operating system out there on a Mac. Sure with 5% marketshare the need to virtualize OS X on a PC isn't *that* important, but it lacks the ability to [unless you run a Hackintosh]. Nevertheless I still do not quite understand the argument you are presenting. Name a task and I'll point you in the direction of a [good and free] program. Or just save myself some time and head to macupdate/versiontracker and look.
In my days of using a mac it was too hard to get used to it. I would scour versiontracker many a time and turn up empty handed. If that isn't the case now than a mac is fine w. me. I just needed to resolve back to the PC I was used to in order to do my tasks. VMware is vastly cross compatible and mac's are really nothing too exciting because they can run other OS's. I have actually gotten a hackintosh VMware going before but it was wayyy too slow on my laptop. Though I emulated XP through a mac clamshell notebook before (as it was a hand me down and the only thing I had.) I needed XP in order to edit maps on halo 2 for modding purpose. It was earlier on and there was no map editor in existence for the mac os. It was so fuckin slow. Nevertheless I kept my XP virtaulization because it was mandatory for my computing needs. OSX on VMware was useless for how slow it emulated and just took up space. So I removed over no more than a days trial. It actually too me 20x longer to successfully virtualize than I spent using it. heh. Though there is nothing I would enjoy to see more than Apple just going software. Because I got an hp dv6645us for around $899 and it dwarfs the ibooks specs in comparison. Hax will achieve a native boot by no means for me, thus apple needs to stop picking their asshole and get with the drift of shit. I WANT A DAUL BOOT VISTA/LEOPARD, APPLE! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?
Image
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MulletMan13 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:52 pm

donnonotin wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:
donnonotin wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:I think it's in poor taste. And you're right about the monitor, souLLy. It just adds to the offense that it's an old CRT. Come on.
Yeah, and you can even see on how the designers photoshoped the glare onto the screen... They continued the lighting effect into the side of the CRT monitor making it seem mysteriously metallic for no apparent reason other than... LIVING PROOF that osx is just eye candy for stupid people or what "artists" use so they can "think different". RIGHT WING PC USERS FOR LYFE! take another look for urself..

Though in all honesty I've owned at least 3 macs in the past. Really the enjoyable thing about them is stability, GUI, and responsiveness. The main problem with them is lack of good freeware applications that allow you to get simple tasks done. (an example is recoding audio)

Macintosh simply can't beat the functionality of the Windows OS. And like someone has mentioned in this thread before the new windows vista is actually very stable. I've only gotten bluescreened if I had some serious hardware trouble or software was messing up something important.
Never understood the lack of good freeware applications... for your example:

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/28353

I've been on OS X for nearly 5 years now, and while I admit the first year or two had been rocky without some things everything has come full circle. It seems Windows [freeware] developers are in a state of stagnation. Keeping a program from the Win2000/98 days because it worked back then, but not doing too much to improve them. The Mac dev community continues to expand. I don't quite understand how you can say that OS X cannot beat the functionality of OS X. Hell, you can even virtualize any operating system out there on a Mac. Sure with 5% marketshare the need to virtualize OS X on a PC isn't *that* important, but it lacks the ability to [unless you run a Hackintosh]. Nevertheless I still do not quite understand the argument you are presenting. Name a task and I'll point you in the direction of a [good and free] program. Or just save myself some time and head to macupdate/versiontracker and look.
In my days of using a mac it was too hard to get used to it. I would scour versiontracker many a time and turn up empty handed. If that isn't the case now than a mac is fine w. me. I just needed to resolve back to the PC I was used to in order to do my tasks. VMware is vastly cross compatible and mac's are really nothing too exciting because they can run other OS's. I have actually gotten a hackintosh VMware going before but it was wayyy too slow on my laptop. Though I emulated XP through a mac clamshell notebook before (as it was a hand me down and the only thing I had.) I needed XP in order to edit maps on halo 2 for modding purpose. It was earlier on and there was no map editor in existence for the mac os. It was so fuckin slow. Nevertheless I kept my XP virtaulization because it was mandatory for my computing needs. OSX on VMware was useless for how slow it emulated and just took up space. So I removed over no more than a days trial. It actually too me 20x longer to successfully virtualize than I spent using it. heh. Though there is nothing I would enjoy to see more than Apple just going software. Because I got an hp dv6645us for around $899 and it dwarfs the ibooks specs in comparison. Hax will achieve a native boot by no means for me, thus apple needs to stop picking their asshole and get with the drift of shit. I WANT A DAUL BOOT VISTA/LEOPARD, APPLE! CAN YOU HEAR ME!?
The fact that you call it an iBook shows that you've been out of the loop for quite some time. Macs use Intel chips now. You can *natively* run Windows, as you can in VMWare. It is native, and not emulation. The speed is native speed. I don't know exactly what you used, but you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

And yes, the HP that you bought beats the comparable Mac... if you want an AMD processor (meh right now)-- the same sort of integrated graphics, and a 1280x800 15.4 inch display.... how is that resolution equal that screen size? Hard drive wise and RAM wise you got it beat. I'd like to see benchmarks between a MacBook with a core 2 duo with 2gb ram vs. that computer though... pretty sure you'd be surprised (not referring to gaming benchmarks since both have integrated graphics).

Nevertheless at this point it sounds like you're just trolling-- anybody on this forum that has a Mac will tell you that VMWare is not 'slow', and you are probably referring to VirtualPC for the PowerPC series of Macs... which was indeed uber slow.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
User avatar
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:57 am
Location: The Land of Milk And Honey
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by donnonotin » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:50 pm

MulletMan13 wrote: The fact that you call it an iBook shows that you've been out of the loop for quite some time. Macs use Intel chips now. You can *natively* run Windows, as you can in VMWare. It is native, and not emulation. The speed is native speed. I don't know exactly what you used, but you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

And yes, the HP that you bought beats the comparable Mac... if you want an AMD processor (meh right now)-- the same sort of integrated graphics, and a 1280x800 15.4 inch display.... how is that resolution equal that screen size? Hard drive wise and RAM wise you got it beat. I'd like to see benchmarks between a MacBook with a core 2 duo with 2gb ram vs. that computer though... pretty sure you'd be surprised (not referring to gaming benchmarks since both have integrated graphics).

Nevertheless at this point it sounds like you're just trolling-- anybody on this forum that has a Mac will tell you that VMWare is not 'slow', and you are probably referring to VirtualPC for the PowerPC series of Macs... which was indeed uber slow.
Hah you are right, they are called MacBooks now. Never knew... And yes it was virtual PC and I am ALSO aware of the fact mac hardware is intel based now and can natively run Windows. (how else would I be trying to get apple's OS booting on my AMD rig?) Just for this fact I considered buying one of the new model apple laptops so I could have both. But when I got this pc on my 18th birthday I wanted to make a wise decision and go with specs that will last me an extended amount of time. You say I sound like I don't know much though my main point was you couldn't edit halo maps on osx and I needed to keep my virtualPC of XP to do so. There really isn't any exclusive software on an Apple that allows you to do things you normally cannot on other platforms. Really though if you can't understand my freeware arguement then I'm sorry. Continue using your computer. But I am fairly sure that any Mac user that is true to themselves could agree with me on that one. As I have used macs in the past and I am certain most apple users have that *one function they are waiting for software to be released for.
Image
User avatar
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Posts: 2823
Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:44 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by MulletMan13 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:19 pm

donnonotin wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote: The fact that you call it an iBook shows that you've been out of the loop for quite some time. Macs use Intel chips now. You can *natively* run Windows, as you can in VMWare. It is native, and not emulation. The speed is native speed. I don't know exactly what you used, but you sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

And yes, the HP that you bought beats the comparable Mac... if you want an AMD processor (meh right now)-- the same sort of integrated graphics, and a 1280x800 15.4 inch display.... how is that resolution equal that screen size? Hard drive wise and RAM wise you got it beat. I'd like to see benchmarks between a MacBook with a core 2 duo with 2gb ram vs. that computer though... pretty sure you'd be surprised (not referring to gaming benchmarks since both have integrated graphics).

Nevertheless at this point it sounds like you're just trolling-- anybody on this forum that has a Mac will tell you that VMWare is not 'slow', and you are probably referring to VirtualPC for the PowerPC series of Macs... which was indeed uber slow.
Hah you are right, they are called MacBooks now. Never knew... And yes it was virtual PC and I am ALSO aware of the fact mac hardware is intel based now and can natively run Windows. (how else would I be trying to get apple's OS booting on my AMD rig?) Just for this fact I considered buying one of the new model apple laptops so I could have both. But when I got this pc on my 18th birthday I wanted to make a wise decision and go with specs that will last me an extended amount of time. You say I sound like I don't know much though my main point was you couldn't edit halo maps on osx and I needed to keep my virtualPC of XP to do so. There really isn't any exclusive software on an Apple that allows you to do things you normally cannot on other platforms. Really though if you can't understand my freeware arguement then I'm sorry. Continue using your computer. But I am fairly sure that any Mac user that is true to themselves could agree with me on that one. As I have used macs in the past and I am certain most apple users have that *one function they are waiting for software to be released for.
All right, I respect your opinion-- but I disagree. Good bout ol' bean.

Oh, and I don't have a single function that I'm waiting for... most people that think they are missing anything or can't find anything are simply idiots.
Image
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
Posts: 3641
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:55 pm
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by Ex-Cyber » Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:11 pm

MulletMan13 wrote:most people that think they are missing anything or can't find anything are simply idiots.
For general-purpose stuff I agree, but you'd be surprised how many specialized apps are out there that people depend on or otherwise don't want to give up.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
User avatar
Stormwatch
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan
Posts: 2090
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2002 11:55 pm
Location: Brazil
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by Stormwatch » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:05 am

donnonotin wrote:As I have used macs in the past and I am certain most apple users have that *one function they are waiting for software to be released for.
Yup. Will someone ever make a friggin' SegaCD/32X emulator for Mac?!?! :nono:
Lines join in faint discord and the Stormwatch brews
. . a concert of Kings as the white sea snaps
. . at the heels of a soft prayer
. . whispered
User avatar
donnonotin
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Posts: 740
Joined: Wed May 15, 2002 4:57 am
Location: The Land of Milk And Honey
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
Contact:

Re: OSX "Leopard" Is a Smug Bastard

Post by donnonotin » Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:46 am

Ex-Cyber wrote:
MulletMan13 wrote:most people that think they are missing anything or can't find anything are simply idiots.
For general-purpose stuff I agree, but you'd be surprised how many specialized apps are out there that people depend on or otherwise don't want to give up.
My point exactly, as a video/graphic manipulation enthusiast I would be the first to have appreciation towards an apple computer. I actually want to get one for my girlfriend when I can as her windows PC constantly gets hacked. She uses her PC for Photoshop, internet browsing, and IM chatting. I know that if I got her a Mac Mini with Leopard she would most likely not be complaining about unexpected shutdowns.

The apple OS X is magnificent to look at and work under, my experience with it involving video editing and photoshop was excellent as I never crashed during a project. But as I mentioned before it's had it's downsides for me and involved workarounds resolving to XP.

If I could have gotten a MacintelBook 2ghz with 2gb of RAM and 160gb of HDD for $899? Shiiiittt.... Then I would probably be talking to you through a MacBook. hahaha It's a shame they don't want to officially allow us to natively boot their OS from our own bought hardware. But that's kind of like asking Mario to come out on the 360..*cough*Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits)
Image
Post Reply