Caffeine

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Caffeine

Post by DuffMan »

Wagh wrote:I took caffeine out of my diet a few years ago for a couple of reasons. Cheapness. Buying coke all the time racks up a whole lot of money that just isnt worth it. Lazyness. Why bother go get coke when you've got a water faucet. I feel healthier too. Whenever I drink a soda I feel a big lagged down. I do cheat and drink coke on occasion but man a tall glass of ice cold water is more than fine with me. Also Coca Cola is an evil company. ( Killing Columbian unionists and what not) so that's an advantage. The rest of the other sodas out there taste like crap compared to Coke.
I don't think the caffeine content is what bogs you down. It's probably your body not being used to having super sweet shitty food in it anymore. I get the same way when I drink a soda, but coffee I'm totally fine.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:You guys ever try Caffeine Free Coke? It actually tastes different. It's like caffeine hits your taste buds and your body instantly says "Awwww, yeah. We're getting HIGH!" And you feel the effects before you really should. It's weird. Like Pavlov's dog or something.
Yeah, my mom has bought that shit exclusively for my whole life pretty much. She has this vendetta against caffeine; probably she saw something on television once and took it too far like everything else. We didn't even have the internet here until late 2000 or so because she thought we were going to have our identities stolen because Dateline said so. :roll:

But yeah, I don't drink many caffeinated drinks anymore. I mostly drink Green Tea, Powerade, and water, but on the weekends when I'm at the parents house I'll drink Coke.
It's thinking...
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

|darc| wrote:
Strapping Scherzo wrote:You guys ever try Caffeine Free Coke? It actually tastes different. It's like caffeine hits your taste buds and your body instantly says "Awwww, yeah. We're getting HIGH!" And you feel the effects before you really should. It's weird. Like Pavlov's dog or something.
Yeah, my mom has bought that shit exclusively for my whole life pretty much. She has this vendetta against caffeine; probably she saw something on television once and took it too far like everything else. We didn't even have the internet here until late 2000 or so because she thought we were going to have our identities stolen because Dateline said so. :roll:

But yeah, I don't drink many caffeinated drinks anymore. I mostly drink Green Tea, Powerade, and water, but on the weekends when I'm at the parents house I'll drink Coke.
Green Tea has caffeine in it.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:

Oh... didn't realize that. Well, I'll keep that in mind then.
It's thinking...
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

|darc| wrote:
Thomas wrote:
|darc| wrote:

Oh... didn't realize that. Well, I'll keep that in mind then.
Get the Celestial Seasonings decaffeinated green tea. That shit is awesome.
antidot
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by antidot »

I drink it fairly frequently. I stop entirely then I get a headache 1 day then I pretty much snap back. I regularly go a week or more without it.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I never drink more than 17 cups of coffee per day, surprised that statement hasnt come up yet. Godot anyone?
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

I'll have a cup of coffee every now and then, but only because I enjoy the taste. I've never noticed a change in perception when drinking anything caffeinated.
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

Damn, you guys drink a lot of caffeine. It's definitely a CNS stimulant and you build up a quick tolerence. That's why a lot of you guys claim to "feel nothing" from caffeine. Mark my words, you SHOULD be feeling something unless your tolerence has been compromised by abuse.

I can easy feel anywhere between 50-100mg of caffeine. I try to abstain as much as possible, that way when I NEED to use the caffeine I can really feel it. I drink a little at work when I'm bogged down, but I mostly like it before working out. A little caffeine and ephedrine (which is legal in Canada) is awesome. Great strength, clean energy and no jitters unless you're using a stupidly high dosage.

Caffeine tolerance bumps right up there after a few days of continuous use. And withdrawal is absolutely horrible so it's just not worth it to get a bad tolerence.

Don't forget that green tea also has caffeine so you're not in the clear if you think you're going herbal and taking a break from caffeine... go with decaffinated green tea. The catechins should still be active though, so you're still getting the antioxidants and some mild fat burning properties.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I generally have not followed closely on the matter at all until recently.

I was never a big caffeine drinker to get a kick or jolt out of it, I just like the tastes of sodas and everything. I have moved over to almost an entirely water diet, and diet soda as well (sans caffeine). I'm more aware of what it does and the feeling it gives me, and I use it a lot when I have work to do. My thoughts flow more naturally and I develop a drive to perform work, it's a very useful tool.... unlike Grateful Dead.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
GratefulDead
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by GratefulDead »

MulletMan13 wrote:I generally have not followed closely on the matter at all until recently.

I was never a big caffeine drinker to get a kick or jolt out of it, I just like the tastes of sodas and everything. I have moved over to almost an entirely water diet, and diet soda as well (sans caffeine). I'm more aware of what it does and the feeling it gives me, and I use it a lot when I have work to do. My thoughts flow more naturally and I develop a drive to perform work, it's a very useful tool.... unlike Grateful Dead.
WTF?? :?

In any event, caffeine does give drinks a nice, tangy "buzz". I try to avoid getting more than 30g of sugar each day, but if I splurge and get an energy drink I love the feeling when it hits the back of your throat. Caffeine compliments soda and/or energy drinks very well. The guarana seed extracts and caffeine give it a nice buzz and mask other ingredients like inositol and the b vitamins found in most energy drinks.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I am thinking about quitting the C train... or at least scaling back like crazy. I think drinking as much coffee everyday as I do is seriously having an effect on my health.

- Fuzmeister
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

S. Thompson wrote:I am thinking about quitting the C train... or at least scaling back like crazy. I think drinking as much coffee everyday as I do is seriously having an effect on my health.

- Fuzmeister
There are studies that show caffeine having some health benefits. I don't remember how much it said was needed, but I would assume some caffeine could do good to someones health. Like anything though, in large amounts it can be dangerous or unhealthy.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

DuffMan wrote:
S. Thompson wrote:I am thinking about quitting the C train... or at least scaling back like crazy. I think drinking as much coffee everyday as I do is seriously having an effect on my health.

- Fuzmeister
There are studies that show caffeine having some health benefits. I don't remember how much it said was needed, but I would assume some caffeine could do good to someones health. Like anything though, in large amounts it can be dangerous or unhealthy.
Yeah, like tea, coffee has a large amount of antioxidants. In fact, one article I read said it has the most antioxidants of any food or beverage. How much do you drink daily, Fuz?
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I took 6 200mg caffeine pills on Friday last week during school. The box said dont take more than 1 every 3-4 hours. I took one at 8, 11, 1, and then 3 at 2:30. I went through so many stages during my last class at 2:30.

At first I didnt feel anything, then I was hyper as hell, then I wanted to throw up really bad, then I went into a very cold sweat, then I was burning alive, then a massive headache, and finally I was tired. All this within a 30 minute period, needless to say I didnt get any of the chemistry notes.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Yeah. I drink about 4 of them a day. It's the only kind of soda that I do drink.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

My urine stinks now that I'm drinking coffee regularly. My logs are smellier too.
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:My urine stinks now that I'm drinking coffee regularly. My logs are smellier too.
Atleast you know the liver is working.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I got ripped on two tall cans of Jolt Blue and two cans of Full Throttle last night. I think I set a new record for parts produced at work.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

Strapping Scherzo wrote:
DuffMan wrote:

- Fuzmeister
Yeah, like tea, coffee has a large amount of antioxidants. In fact, one article I read said it has the most antioxidants of any food or beverage. How much do you drink daily, Fuz?
I would say I drink about 3-4 normal size mugs of coffee over 5-6 hours in the day... I have a big mug that I keep at work. I love coffee and the taste but I frequently get the caffeine jitters. I didn't drink any caffeine today and I notice that now (at 11p), I am getting quite a bit more tired than usual.

I'll probably just try to eliminate the habit of drinking coffee I have and only drink it occasionally when I really want to.

- Fuzmeister