Michael Jackson Dies

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Michael Jackson Dies

Post by |darc| »

No, not that Michael Jackson.

The other Michael Jackson, the world's leading beer critic/scholar/historian/writer, was found dead in his London home last night.

Likely, not many of you have heard of this Michael Jackson. He was possibly the most important driving force in the world-wide beer community over the past 30 years. Starting with his first publication of "World Guide to Beer" in 1977, he has always been a strong voice for the beer community. He helped to bring good beer into the mainstream press, and he has studied the history of beer like no other. He started out as a newspaper reporter, and eventually combined his love of reporting with his love of beer.

Maybe you remember him from his television show called "The Beer Hunter", which aired on PBS during the early 90's. Or, maybe you saw his talk show appearances on either David Letterman or Conan O'Brien. If you are a beer lover, perhaps you have read one of his books or one of the many articles he published.

Over the years, his appearance had become more and more eccentric. His friends thought that maybe his profession was finally getting to him. People often just wrote off his erratic behavior to his being drunk. He revealed the truth in December of 2006; that he had been dealing with Parkinson's Disease for the past 10 years.

His last published article, titled "Did I Cheat Mort Subite?", is a bit of a chilling read after today's news.

This is a sad day, as this is a huge loss for the beer community. He will be missed by his friends and by beer lovers that never had the pleasure of meeting him. For those of us that take pleasure in writing about beer, he is about as good of a role model as one could imagine.

I will definitely be drinking a good beer in honor of Mr. Jackson this evening.

http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/what ... blog_last3
It's thinking...
Specially Cork

Re: Michael Jackson Dies

Post by Specially Cork »

Never heard of him, but hell will freeze over before I turn down an excuse to drink beer.
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JKKDARK »

I thought it was the Pop songer, I had a heart-attack :o
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

JKKDARK wrote:I thought it was the Pop songer, I had a heart-attack :o
Funny, because my first thought was the world's leading beer critic/scholar/historian/writer. :o :o :o
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Asshole, next time you make a topic with someone dying make sure its a person I have heard of.
mkfreak
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by mkfreak »

Aww damn, I thought it was the child molester. :P A drink to Jackson then.