help me translating my resume

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

help me translating my resume

Post by Yonke »

Rigth now im unemployed and its a bitch getting a job in the IT area.. heres the thing, living in the border having the skills of understand or comunicate in english its a step forward so im translating my resume in english to differ mine from the other thousands of aplicants

in conclusion i need you all to correct all the errors i have in mine......

im just gonna paste the part of the activities of my past works where im having some trouble...

first heres on spanish
• Análisis en coordinación con el supervisor de la situación actual del sistema y el cumplimiento de los objetivos del mismo

• Modificaciones generales para el flujo de información y procedimientos del sistema, para asegurar un control óptimo y seguridad de los datos y uso eficiente del recurso

• Participación en las demás tareas inherentes al puesto y las funciones del departamento

• Soporte y asesoría en aplicaciones y equipo.
• Mantenimiento preventivo y correctivo a sistemas de cómputo.
• Operación de equipo de videoconferencias
• Instalación de programas autorizados por la Dirección General de informática de la SCJN.
• Asesoría y apoyo técnico de red interna.
• Elaboración de materiales de difusión
• Coordinación en comisiones de equipos de grabación y audiovisuales, fotografía y montaje de escenarios de eventos.
• Control y asistencia de cursos por videoconferencia

• Administrador de servidores con sistema operativo Windows en protocolo TCP/IP de archivos, impresoras, antivirus, aplicaciones, Intranet y respaldo.
• Instalación y configuración de hardware y software.
• Soporte y asesoría en aplicaciones y equipo.
• Mantenimiento preventivo y correctivo a sistemas de cómputo.
• Instalación de conectores y certificación de cableado para datos.
• Redacción de manuales de instalación aplicados a la norma ISO 9001.

heres is my try
• Analysis in coordination with the supervisor of the present situation of the system and the fulfillment of the objectives of the same one

• General modifications for the information flow and procedures of the system, to assure an optimal control and security the data and efficient use of the resources

• Participation in the other inherent tasks of the position and other functions of the department

• Support in software and hardware
• Preventive maintenance and corrective on computer systems
• Installation of programs authorized by the Main directorate of computer science of the SCJN
• Technical support on internal network
• Elaboration of diffusion materials
• Coordination in audio-visual boards for equipment of recording and, photographs and assembly of scenes in events
• Control and attendance of courses via videoconference

• Network Administrator of servers operating system Windows in protocol TCP/IP of archives, printers, antivirus, applications, Intranet and back up
• Installation and configuration of hardware and softwareSoporte y asesoría en aplicaciones y equipo.
• Preventive maintenance and corrective on computer systems

i will really apreciate your help because i need to get a job
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Re: help me translating my resume

Post by JellyWarrior »

Resume of Yonke
----------------
* I speaking of the good English skills
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

Ok, now for some real practical advice.

Your English version reads a lot like a Google Translation, so I translated it, and I was spot on, you've used Google to translate then make a few minor modifications.

I was actually thinking of helping you, but it's not going to do you any favours, because if I could figure out that it was translated with Google than any other employer will also know its been translated with Google.

The English version doesn't make a lot of sense and I think that you're better off translating it using your own English language skills, if you don't know the English language well enough then you shouldn't have an English version of your resume.

Consider taking English lessons, you know the basic language you just need help with the finer points of it.

Also, what kind of training do you have?
Do you have any formal qualifications?

If you're looking for an IT job in the USA then you will need a Bachelor of Computer Science Degree to get in the country (for your particular field of work). I learned that the hard way because despite having 8 years of industry experience, real life practical experience and enough web / programming knowledge to score me a job with MS in Redmond. The whole thing became unravelled because I didn't have a piece of paper saying that I have a bachelor degree, I was good enough for the job, just not to get into the country.

So if you're looking for employment outside of Mexico then consider some kind of formal education qualification, as it would be an entry requirement for many countries.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Hawke
Wastelander

Post by Hawke »

As much as I'd like to help, you're going to have to clarify a little better for me than that. I don't know any Spanish, and the English is just a touch to garbled and vague.

If you were to get some help or assistance in translating it into English, I would be more than happy help you spruce it up into a resume worthy of any position in a myriad of environs!
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

im looking for a job here in my hometown Tijuana , here in my town theres a lot of assembly industry plants from around the world(you now the story third world country = cheap labor hand) What im looking for is working in the IT area in any of that industrys, i have a degree in Computer Science and i have experience in the IT area for around 5 years. Yes i know my english skills are far from good and i need to go to english class, saddly the private english schools in the city are to low for my standard. Some years ago i was gonna apply in a public nigth school in San Ysidro (USA) ,i have no idea how it really work but i was free english clases for inmigrants (a few friends went to that class) teached by people that really know english (no like the crappy ones in my town) in that time the border line wait time was around 15 minutes , rigth now is about 2 hours so its a nono that option....

im gonna try find a good english school here in my town.....at least it has to be one......

the english skills required for working as a IT vary from 30-100% and i fell that my level about 85% but rigth now the languaje is not a issue for finding a job. In job interviews i havent had any problems when the person of human resources interview me.

what im having a problem is finding the correct technical words for my past activities i post.

Tomorrow im gonna post a second try so it can be easy to you all to help me (feeling crappy rigth now still recovering from food poisoning thanxs to panda express........ if i was a gringo i sue their asses)...