Opinions on this laptop

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Opinions on this laptop

Post by Lartrak »

I'm confused as to why the behavior of the owners of a type of hardware would affect which type you choose to buy.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

MulletMan13 wrote:Nevertheless this is also something I hate about PC users... the constant criticism that the hardware is overpriced, blah blah blah. Seriously, if it is my decision to spend a bit more and I feel it is worth it, then why criticize me? It seems the PC community criticizes the Mac community more than vica-versa. Sure, the Mac community is a bunch of smartasses, and make snide remarks, but they don't flat out call them idiots for buying ridiculously priced hardware. Hell, most Mac people I know respect others decisions and hardly care about what computers other people use, myself included.
That's why I said that they make good hardware. I mean, good lord, the things are nearly indestructible. There are $1500 Sony laptops that are not as well built as a Macbook.
MulletMan13 wrote:This brings me to my point... opinions were asked about the laptop, possibly other suggestions to be thrown out there... and DMF just casually made a comment with a link to a Mac.... nothing saying that he was an idiot to go with a PC... it was a suggestion. The minute that suggestion came out, you jumped in there to make some sortof smartass comment... it wasn't DMF starting the 'argument', it was you. Although in your explanation for why you won't use a Mac is solid, and well thought out, your initial comment was elementary.
I wasn't referring to anyone on this site, and I tried to make it clear that I wasn't talking about you guys. But if you seen how some people act on campus the moment you even mention Windows, you would understand what I was talking about. It makes it especially annoying because of my major of graphic design when everyone in the room scoffs at me when I break out my HP laptop.

Anyway, that's the end of my rant. I'll not take up any more space in this topic with these unrelated ramblings.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Historically Apple products have been overpriced for what they offer, no real dispute here. That said Apples guarentees and such have always been a bit over the top by comparison to other companies. I might have to travel 50mi to SF to find an Apple store but I couldn't begin to tell you where I could find a Dell store, nor would I buy a laptop from Best Buy or Circuit City. The fact that Apple will help return stolen merch is great.

Personally I'd never buy it, I just don't buy into the maq cult and some of their upgrade prices are insane for what it is.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
that_guy
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by that_guy »

MulletMan13 wrote:That looks like a solid laptop... I too thought 17" was wayyy too big, but I absolutely loved my 17" PowerBook. It was portable, and I loved the excess. The specs look good but I'd try to talk him down fifty dollars maybe... $640 shipped sounds like a good price for it. Hell, to me $700 looks like a good price, but to be honest I don't really know what other things are going for. Does it have any sort of warranty on it?
3 month warranty on it. The thing is, I have looked all over for the same laptop and it is $1,000 up to $1,600 depending on the place. And the lower end doesn't include the dual 100 gig hdd.

What about this one?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018
zman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by zman »

Personally I would wait and check the back to school sales and or wait for the x-mas sales. You never know how good the sale prices get.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Oh man...I just make a little aside, and all of a sudden the entire topic is off-track :o
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

I'm always amused by the PC vs Mac arguments.

A computer is a tool to get a job done, whichever fulfils the needs of the task you need to complete is the best for that job. I use a mixture of both at work mainly because some software I need is platform dependent, but both are great at different things.

I was raised on PCs and I've got attached to using silly little programs all the time that I can only get on Windows, I don't claim however what I use is any better- I bet in a couple of months of using a Mac I'd find similar programs I'd become reliant on that were only on Mac. At the end of the day the PC is a tool for my use not the other way around. I'm not spouting flowery hippy crap of why can't we all get along, but I do think they are aimed at different markets and so will be suitable for different users.