Leadtek Winfast A400 videocard

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Leadtek Winfast A400 videocard

Post by Yonke »

thnxs to Eckostyle i just got a Leadtek winfast A400

im new in nvidia chipset cards so heres the question....

which drivers will work beter on my video card ?

the nvidia ones or the catalyst ones ??

i was gonna ask about using riva tuner but i found a good tutorial......
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Re: Leadtek Winfast A400 videocard

Post by Yonke »

i decide in using the catalyst ones.....

now im working out with riva tuner....

im following this tutorial

http://firingsquad.com/hardware/geforce ... /page2.asp

i unlock the 16 pixel pipes, and six vertex pipes and test it with chronicles of riddick and im getting a lot of artifacts....

how do i know which pipes i have to unlock so i can get rid of the artifacts??
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

dude, catalist divers are Ati drivers :o you want forceware drivers

download driver cleaner pro, boot into safe mode and clean with the ati/ati ccc (and every other ati profile you can find) profiles, reboot into windows, and install nvidia drivers

they can be found at nvidia.com, select download drivers, select geforce 6/7 series, your OS, and download, the latest ones for XP for your card can be found here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

Yonke wrote:i decide in using the catalyst ones.....

i unlock the 16 pixel pipes, and six vertex pipes and test it with chronicles of riddick and im getting a lot of artifacts....

as for the pipe unlocking, first install the proper drivers, if you still get artifacts, then sadly the pipequad you unlocked seems to be damaged, relock it, or just uninstal the rivatuner strap driver
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:dude, catalist divers are Ati drivers :o you want forceware drivers

download driver cleaner pro, boot into safe mode and clean with the ati/ati ccc (and every other ati profile you can find) profiles, reboot into windows, and install nvidia drivers

they can be found at nvidia.com, select download drivers, select geforce 6/7 series, your OS, and download, the latest ones for XP for your card can be found here:

as for the pipe unlocking, first install the proper drivers, if you still get artifacts, then sadly the pipequad you unlocked seems to be damaged, relock it, or just uninstal the rivatuner strap driver
typing error instead of catalyst was the omega the one i was asking....

thanxs for your help im gonna try it....
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Yonke wrote:
Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:dude, catalist divers are Ati drivers :o you want forceware drivers

typing error instead of catalyst was the omega the one i was asking....

thanxs for your help im gonna try it....

i just try everything you say and im having a better performance but i have a question

im using to benchmark the game Fear and chronicles of riddick

in the Fear game i see and improvement but when i try to run riddick its say my driver need to be compatible whit opengl 1.3 or higher... i check the nvidia site and the link you gave me for the last driver and its the last one the one i have..... what i can do??

for the moment im goona reinstall the riddick game and try it again........

also im trying to overclock the videocard whit riva but everytime i overclock even 1 mhz its says driver failed to pass internal test with the clock frequencie you are about to set, pleaese decrease clock frequecies... its ok to overclock after unlocking pixel /vertex pipes???

thnxs in advance.....
Disheveled DrFreeze
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Disheveled DrFreeze »

Yonke wrote: i just try everything you say and im having a better performance but i have a question

im using to benchmark the game Fear and chronicles of riddick

in the Fear game i see and improvement but when i try to run riddick its say my driver need to be compatible whit opengl 1.3 or higher... i check the nvidia site and the link you gave me for the last driver and its the last one the one i have..... what i can do??

for the moment im goona reinstall the riddick game and try it again........

also im trying to overclock the videocard whit riva but everytime i overclock even 1 mhz its says driver failed to pass internal test with the clock frequencie you are about to set, pleaese decrease clock frequecies... its ok to overclock after unlocking pixel /vertex pipes???

thnxs in advance.....
as for your riddick problem, it might be the drivers, are you still running the omega ones? i would suggest running the latest nvidia driver, which if propperly installed should work for opengl. a google search seems to reveal that riddick balks whenever you run opengl 2.0 instead of 1.x, you should be able to force the card to opengl 1.3 using rivatuner

as for the overclocking, the internal test failing would seem to suggest that one of the pipelines (either the vertex pipe, or the pixel quad) is slightly broken, maybe not enough to cause any visual corruption, but enough to make it fail the driver test. my old 6800le did the same thing, i could do 12/6, but the last pixel quad was slightly borked, it only gave me artifacts in some games, not everything
DrFreeze, thinking outside the box since 1985
DrFreeze, licensed road terror since 2006
DrFreeze, Sun Certified Java Programmer since 2007
Yonke
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Yonke »

Disheveled DrFreeze wrote:
as for your riddick problem, it might be the drivers, are you still running the omega ones? i would suggest running the latest nvidia driver, which if propperly installed should work for opengl. a google search seems to reveal that riddick balks whenever you run opengl 2.0 instead of 1.x, you should be able to force the card to opengl 1.3 using rivatuner

as for the overclocking, the internal test failing would seem to suggest that one of the pipelines (either the vertex pipe, or the pixel quad) is slightly broken, maybe not enough to cause any visual corruption, but enough to make it fail the driver test. my old 6800le did the same thing, i could do 12/6, but the last pixel quad was slightly borked, it only gave me artifacts in some games, not everything
thnxs for the advice

changing the opengl whit Riva turner fixed the problem about running Riddick run.....

i also overclocked the video card from 300/700 to 366/763 locking the problematic pipelines... but i cant get further it fail the test to overclock more...
is there a custom driver so i can overclock the video card without the driver testing????