What the hell do you do for a living?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What the hell do you do for a living?

Post by StriderXg2 »

I know this is common. I know its talked about, what is your day to day job? I just wanna know, from the newer posters and if anyone else has had a new job since the last topic. Me? A retail store widely hated. Im the supervisor without the pay, and electronics affeciando`(SP???) with stocking bs in every single department. Anyway, from a coworker i have been offered an overnight(overnights now, off tonight, yesss.) management position, but, ive got to wait for the right time next month to take this test. It'll be a step up in my resume and work history, even a nice pay raise+continual raises in the next few months, and the first time i'll have full benefits only after 6 months. The position? Flying J truck stop/retail/restaurant manager. Better than instocking i suppose.

Also, along with the complimentary job, whats been one story you want to share from a past or current joB?I have one. Quite a few, actually. But i'll share one later. god its early yet late.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Re: What the hell do you do for a living?

Post by politoe »

Been working for Gamefly for the past year and half. As of now I guess my title would be Trainer Associate. I just train all the new people or improve some of the current employees work.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

I am an intern at the local NBC affiliate here ( working 30 hours a week unpaid). I typically do everything I can... edit... shoot.. report... produce... direct. A ton of different things, and gaining experience in every field. [I can't wait til I level up!!!!1oen]

I also work about 30 hours a week at the Apple Store. Selling computers and sending people home with stuff they think they need.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I currently work at AAA. I take calls from people broken down in my county, and dispatch them tow trucks. I'm currently looking for a landscaping job to tie me over until I graduate. I am also thinking of dropping out of school and either taking over my uncles tree farm or starting a landscaping company with a few friends, these are last reports though if I keep hating what I'm majoring in (CIS).
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I'm a full time student in my final year writing a thesis in Electrical Engineering. When Im not at uni I'm at the RAAF Base working for BAE Systems designing/building/maintaining flight simulators. Like $100Mil flight sims that are practically real planes put in a dome. So I make expensive video games :D
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

I work at Parametric Technology Corporation developing customizations for our flagship software which handles product data management. Not too shabby of a gig.

I've been a whore as far as work history goes - Radio Shack, Staples, Blockbuster Video, KB Toys, DJ at a radio station, camera at a TV station, styrofoam cup factory.

- Fuzmeister
Ex-Cyber
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Ex-Cyber »

Thomas wrote:if I keep hating what I'm majoring in (CIS).
Is that one of those "business management with computers" programs? I'm not sure I've ever seen a clear definition of what "CIS" actually means.
"You know, I have a great, wonderful, really original method of teaching antitrust law, and it kept 80 percent of the students awake. They learned things. It was fabulous." -- Justice Stephen Breyer
StriderXg2
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
Location: http://www.youtube.com/rkotm for my films about gaming and such.

Post by StriderXg2 »

Ex-Cyber wrote:
Is that one of those "business management with computers" programs? I'm not sure I've ever seen a clear definition of what "CIS" actually means.

Computerinformation systems, and, the job can vary. My brother does it for a living for the past few years, and its not too cracked up, but it pays decent, and it depends whom you work for.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Still with the railroad. I work a yard job which is pretty much a 5 day a week job.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Ex-Cyber wrote:

Yeah it is Computer Information Systems, and I'm specializing in Cisco networking.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I work in public education.

For the last seven or eight months, I've been an administrative assistant at the Santa Cruz City Schools district office, where I intend to work for the next couple of years while I get my teaching credentials. The long-term goal is to be credentialed in English and Music, and teach those subjects at a high school level for the foreseeable future.

Before that, I spent a bit over a year in a real estate office doing advertising. That job didn't pay much, but it mainly consisted of playing with Photoshop.

Before that, I was a low-level manager at an environmental organization.

And before that, I primarily held summer jobs (two years teaching at a music camp, one year at a movie theater) and did pick-up work relating to either music or computers.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

Sit in my parents basement creating 3d environments. Maybe Someday someone will pay me to do it. Hopefully that day is about 2 weeks from now when I begin applying for jobs.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

I do everything and anything under the sun. As my day to day, I'm partially in college, and partially at Toyota as a welding robotics engineer. After the normal work day is done, I work for myself as an electrician, plumber, framer, computer repair, and game console modder.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Support desk analyst for a regional grocery chain with around 8000 total employees.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I am the Webmaster at a local community college.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

StriderXg2 wrote:The position? Flying J truck stop/retail/restaurant manager. Better than instocking i suppose.
I love the Flyin J's, whenever im on the road with my dad hauling whatever (steel, cattle, hay...) we always go to that truck stop. Its actually quite a nice place to stay and relax while on the road.

Anyways about jobs. Right now my paying job is I work one of those jobs high school kids get, running the concession stand at the local public pool. My other job, is random chores on the farm that my dad tells me to do;fixing tractors, mowing lawn and giant weeds, field work, cleaning up 60 year old scrap iron my grandpa left lying around (pretty bad since my grandpa died 20 years before i was born), and the ocassional job of casterating bulls :( . Random farm crap basically.

Also lets hear some crazy work stories, knowing the people on this forum there have to be a bunch of hilarious and crazy ones.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I'm about to start work doing repair work on houses and such.
At my old job as a mechanic I was mvoing a radiator to a scrap pile and dropped something (realized after walking a few steps back from the junk spot) and tunred back, tripped and my hand landed on a bolt or something sticking out of an engine and it left this huge gash in my hand (now a pretty big scar). I washed my hand off, wrapped a rag around it and went back to work. FUCKING MANLY, I KNOW.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
hearld500
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by hearld500 »

Student. During the summers work on a farm doing everything under the sun. Weed spraying off 4wheelers, hauling gain in semis, driving combine, swathing, etc. Fun job, never get bored.
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

I work at Cafe160.. a little place in a shell station on a highway...
F8
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by F8 »

I work with people with disabilities.
Last edited by F8 on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.