Ex-girlfriend starting to talk to me again.... wtf

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0

Ex-girlfriend starting to talk to me again.... wtf

Post by MulletMan13 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Hey guys,

After a pretty damn rough breakup that dragged on for two years... we both didnt want to have anything to do with each other. This was last January.

I found someone, and I assume she did as well. She was also having problems... drinking too much, hooking up with dbags, etc.

I'm still together with the new girl from February, and now my ex is starting to talk to me again. She's acting all friendly and interested in how my life is going. Also she just asked me to go to a city festival last night. I really am not sure how to take all of this stuff. Did she turn over a new leaf and is curious how I am doing, or is she seeing that everything else in her life is failing and trying to come back to me? Anybody been in a similar situation? I don't know how to handle this, other than I don't really want anything to do with her.
penor: hay gusy how do i make ubuntu look cool like vista
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: Ex-girlfriend starting to talk to me again.... wtf

Post by Juan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:53 pm

Been there.
is she seeing that everything else in her life is failing and trying to come back to me?
Yes she is. Don't let her use you until she gets up on her feet. No "let's be friends" shit. Just cut her out of your life and don't feel bad about it.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:04 pm

Here is what to do in short, fuck that bitch. You don't need that shit, now go on and spread your mullet powers somewhere else.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy » Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:30 pm

MulletMan13 wrote:is she seeing that everything else in her life is failing and trying to come back to me?
Yep, that's probably it. Happened to me twice, but with the same outcome. Don't fall for it.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron » Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:37 pm

Keep her in your outer circle. Never blow off someone who may be a asset to you in the future. Tell her your girl isnt comfortable with the two of you spending time together at the moment. Thats true I'm sure and she would be able to understand that.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior » Sat Jun 02, 2007 8:00 pm

I agree, don't even consider going back to her, if it didn't work before, why is it going to work again?

It's obvious that you were able to move on, but she wasn't so now she is crawling back.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack » Sun Jun 03, 2007 11:38 am

This is exactly why I don't believe in that whole "We can still be friends" things. It always ends up being real bitter in the beginning, then you start talking again.... then a little bit more, etc. Someone's got to step up to the plate and make it final. If you really like the new girl you're with just tell her you don't think it would be appropriate, which IS true.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:13 pm

SuperMegatron wrote:Keep her in your outer circle. Never blow off someone who may be a asset to you in the future. Tell her your girl isnt comfortable with the two of you spending time together at the moment. Thats true I'm sure and she would be able to understand that.
True story. You never know what happens down the road, and one more enemy makes life that much tougher. Just make sure nothing goes on between the two of you, and insist that you bring your current gf on any outings with her.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:07 am

Depends on your ethics alltogether.

If you're concerned for a persons wellbeing it may not be plausible to cut somebody out, they may need help. On the other hand why should you care ? You have you to think about, and helping an old girlfriend won't go down well with your current one.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:29 am

Been there, and the only advice I can give is...run like hell. Don't fuck around with that shit. There's a point where it's okay to turn your back, and it sounds like this is one of those situations. This will cause strain on your current relationship. One thing I've learned about women over the years...they don't do stuff for no reason. If she's back, she feels she has something to gain from you. Once they know they can't weasle their way back into your life...they stop trying. If you give them hope, they'll NEVER give up.
perry wrote: If you're concerned for a persons wellbeing it may not be plausible to cut somebody out, they may need help.
Fuck that! Only help those you trust not to take advantage of you. If you want to help others, do it through an organization that specializes in that kind of work. Women use the "I need help" ploy to mindfuck men into giving them what they want. It starts small, but overnight turns into something that could have you trapped for the rest of your life.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:41 am

JuddWack wrote:This is exactly why I don't believe in that whole "We can still be friends" things. It always ends up being real bitter in the beginning, then you start talking again.... then a little bit more, etc. Someone's got to step up to the plate and make it final. If you really like the new girl you're with just tell her you don't think it would be appropriate, which IS true.
Not true. I am still close friends with my second ex...we just didn't work as a couple, and there are no romantic feelings left. The thought of getting back together is completely (and mutually) unappealing, because we each are just not what the other person is looking for. But we are still friends and we talk pretty frequently.

And for the sake of perspective, we broke up four years ago. We've been on friendly terms pretty much since the beginning.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:04 pm

...er...

She messaged me last night asking if I would come over... at 2am... to get my 'pants back' that she's had for two years. I was with my current g/f when this happened, and needless to say I don't think my ex will message me again :)

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll keep it updated if anything else happens.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:19 pm

What ever happened to being friends?
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:31 pm

I haven't wanted to remain friends with her at any point. Just something about her that clashes with me. Besides, she is a little bit crazy. I mean, I'll treat her civilly but I won't make any attempt to ever hang out with her.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:35 pm

MulletMan13 wrote:I haven't wanted to remain friends with her at any point. Just something about her that clashes with me. Besides, she is a little bit crazy. I mean, I'll treat her civilly but I won't make any attempt to ever hang out with her.
Ah...my third (most recent) ex was like that. I eventually had to break off contact...I try to stay friends, since after all it's someone I cared about, but she was just a mistake the whole way around. We didn't share any of the same interests, and after the split, she'd (I think intentionally) misinterpret anything I said to her and get mad at me over it. Between that, and other things I won't get into here...well, I think it's fair to say she's a little bit unhinged.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:25 am

SuperMegatron wrote:Keep her in your outer circle. Never blow off someone who may be a asset to you in the future. Tell her your girl isnt comfortable with the two of you spending time together at the moment. Thats true I'm sure and she would be able to understand that.
Everything he just said, do the opposite.
No signature.