Could my parents & younger sister be any dumber?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Could my parents & younger sister be any dumber?

Post by royhubbs »

My younger sister who is 18 just got her license this past February , She has no car but has a job about 5 miles away. She has been using my parents car which happens to be a new Nissan Maxima to get to and from work, also using it to go pick up friends. So one day she gets a flat tire, ok sure those things happen but there were gouges in the tire on the sidewall almost 3/4 of the way through the rubber, the rim was scratched to hell the total damage on that was roughly $300 after insurance coverage.

Now they took the car away from her for a few days, basically until the tire was fixed, let her use it, then told her she needed to learn how to drive a stick, so she could drive my Dad's 97 Mazda lil pickup. So Last weekend was Prom, and she was driving her date to prom in my Dad's truck, Holy Crap guess what? She shot the truck into a swamp, damaging the front grille, radiator, and various other crap. Were lookin at another few hundred buck to fix that.

So, Ok im figuring she is banned from all driving of any vehicle until she gets her own, so she would have to find rides to work or heaven forbid walk there.But NO, I wake up this morning to find my moms Maxima is still here, she is a school teacher so she is gone before I leave for work, I was wondering why it was here.

I get home from work at around 4 to see the back bumper of the maxima completely torn off the back of the car. Sad thing is you can't completely blame my sister that shit happens to the car since it was ok for her to use it, its not like she borrowed the keys w/o them knowing and smashes it up. But how in the fuck acn you keep letting her use the damn car? All I know is she isnt touching mine.

Hopefully, my grammar won't kill you for how horrible this was. But I just felt like venting a little since my parents can't seem to listen to me and get the freaking picture
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Re: Could my parents & younger sister be any dumber?

Post by Code-Red »

Sounds like you have a vendetta against your sister.

Why do you care?
Is it your car she is ruining?
Do you have to pay for it?

Let it go. Obviously the parents like having higher insurance rates, along with your sister.

They missed it out.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Well if he still has any ties to his parents insurence, his rates will go up as well.
royhubbs
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by royhubbs »

Code-Red wrote:Sounds like you have a vendetta against your sister.

Why do you care?
Is it your car she is ruining?
Do you have to pay for it?

Let it go. Obviously the parents like having higher insurance rates, along with your sister.

They missed it out.
I care because I have to listen to my parents bitch and moan about it, yet they don't get the picture, oh and my sister is on the insurance but doesnt pay for it. Well I think she is anyways.
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Heres what you do:

a) Tell your parents to stop bitching to you about it
b) Make them give her the burden of paying for the insurance

Easy as that. You no longer have to listen to bitching, and your sister stops crashing cars (or her wallet goes empty).
SadisticSaviorX
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by SadisticSaviorX »

lol, women are allowed to drive. :roll:
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

man, i hope i dont live around you lol.

i dont have much room to talk though, i totaled one car, and just got into another one. although neither of them were really my fault, it's still almost 10k in damages. and i've also had my license for almost 2 years.
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

HAHA! Yea, she needs to learn the consequences of her actions. Making her pay off the insurance (and the extra premium that your parents would not have to pay) would teach her a lesson about why it's bad to crash a car (besides injuring or killing yourself or others).

A mate of mine had 2 accidents in his OWN car shortly after he got his licence and he hasn't driven since, he gave his car to his dad.
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

actually, i was just thinking of something. You had better warn your parents, they might not want to claim all these things on their insurance. If they do, more then likely they will be put into the states (the way it is in NY) "High Risk Pool". Pretty much. This happened to my driver's ed teacher, and supposedly his insurance shot up to ~5k for 6 months, and after the 6 months they actually dropped him and he couldn't get insurance again for a year.

just give them a heads up :wink:
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Do the people in your area a favor and get her into some driver's ed classes. You should be able to get one that will give you the option of standard or automatic transmission.

Oh yeah, just to back up what MKE said, although you probably already know, it's not worth claiming small stuff on insurance. You guys must have a pretty low deductible if you are claiming $300 repairs.
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

Insurance is for suckers and people who drive legally
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

royhubbs wrote:Now they took the car away from her for a few days, basically until the tire was fixed, let her use it, then told her she needed to learn how to drive a stick, so she could drive my Dad's 97 Mazda lil pickup. So Last weekend was Prom, and she was driving her date to prom in my Dad's truck, Holy Crap guess what? She shot the truck into a swamp, damaging the front grille, radiator, and various other crap. Were lookin at another few hundred buck to fix that.
:lol: